Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 18th, 2024, 10:58pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « trex injections »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   trex injections
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: trex injections  (Read 651 times)
becky8

Email

trex injections
« on: Nov 17th, 2004, 2:03pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I got vials of trex from my Doc last week, but he wanted me to promise to only use 3mg instead of the whole 6mg vial. I always do anyway unless its a killer. Well, last night I used the vial for the first time and I do it on my thigh and I pull a bunch of meat up so I don't hit the muscle like I used to do, but I don't know if its the size of the needle or because I have lost a couple pounds but that needle hurt and I got the knot. Also for some supid reason the 3mg seemed more potent than when I use the injector dose. Was that in my head or what but I really felt it go to my head faster?????By the way I LIKED IT!!!!!
IP Logged
don

Email

Re: trex injections
« Reply #1 on: Nov 17th, 2004, 2:19pm »

You shouldn't be injecting into the muscle or the meat (what meat? LOL) You be going just under the skin.
IP Logged
becky8

Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 17th, 2004, 2:24pm »

Don,
I actually fell off my chair laughing, I don't really have alot of MEAT ( I don't weight alot) and I know just to go under the skin but I coudn't get the needle in as easy, I don't know why!!!!
IP Logged
don

Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 17th, 2004, 2:38pm »

Try going sideways. (No I dont mean get horizontal) Place the syringe flat along your skin (or your meat, what ever thrills ya) and push the needle in just under the skin.
IP Logged
becky8

Email

« Reply #4 on: Nov 17th, 2004, 2:47pm »

thanks, I'll try it!!!! You are too dam funny!!!
IP Logged
kissmyglass
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Don't Mix Triptans

Email

« Reply #5 on: Nov 17th, 2004, 5:25pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

make sure it goes in far enough or the trex will leak out.

One of the first few times I shot it, I first shot it all over the kitchen table then didn't put the needle in far enough & it leaked out of my arm. I almost licked it up.
(This last paragraph is about IMITREX so no comments from the peanut gallery)
 Grin

Kev
IP Logged

"It does so fucking look like her" - Picasso
[img][/img]
Mac_Muz
New Board Old Timer
USA 

new hampster "eat seeds or die"

Email

« Reply #6 on: Nov 17th, 2004, 7:30pm »

becky you might consider 2mgs' I weigh 155.... 3 does for 6 mg's which is a bennie. Us this a pen point?  Seems it might be longer and you went deeper.

Mac
IP Logged

When all else fails read the instructions.
don

Email

« Reply #7 on: Nov 17th, 2004, 9:57pm »

Quote:
One of the first few times I shot it, I first shot it all over the kitchen table then didn't put the needle in far enough & it leaked out of my arm. I almost licked it up.

I read almost the exact same thing in Hustler Real Stories.
IP Logged
kissmyglass
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Don't Mix Triptans

Email

« Reply #8 on: Nov 18th, 2004, 12:01am »

on Nov 17th, 2004, 9:57pm, don wrote:

I read almost the exact same thing in Hustler Real Stories.

Shhhhh don't tell anyone...
IP Logged

"It does so fucking look like her" - Picasso
[img][/img]
JohnM
New Board Hall of Famer
South_Africa 

Detox believer

« Reply #9 on: Nov 18th, 2004, 8:41am »

It must have been a reaction to injecting into your meat!  Grin

John
IP Logged

Moderation in everything; including moderation!
Mac_Muz
New Board Old Timer
USA 

new hampster "eat seeds or die"

Email

« Reply #10 on: Nov 18th, 2004, 3:27pm »

becky8,

I have a few questions. What sort of syringe is this.. It can't be a pen as you can't controll a pen unless you strip it down. A pen has a short point, and so is pretty hard to reach deep into muscle where you can cause a knot.  

So it must be a different type of syringe than a pen, and therefore have a longer points and perhaps a larger diameter.

How does the Imitrix come for you? Is it a bottle with a rubber cap to prick right thru with the injector?

I use 1.2 cc Tuberculin Syringes with 27g 1/2 points or 0.40x13mm  which have a tooo long a point, but with a bit of care can get just under the skin.

I tend to transfer 2 doses adding to 4 mg's for carry which allows me 2 chances for 2 Ch's.... and leaves 2 mg's home from one pen of 6 mg's.

I am not fussy about when and where I hit being it can be my hand, or anyother place I happen to have skin...

And the where can be in a car, public wash room, or off the road side if on a motor bike.

If that happens I just head home... Mostly my CH's tend to hit at night and at times I can predict with in some hours and so I am not often caught out, and off guard.

Mostly in fact I am home and do O2 instead. This is due to being episodic, which for me is a good thing... Mac
IP Logged

When all else fails read the instructions.
Kris_in_SJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

There's no place like home.

Email

« Reply #11 on: Nov 18th, 2004, 8:04pm »

Practice makes perfect Becky!  I guess knots are good!

I love your story, Kissmyglass ... reminds me of one of my own disasters.

I normally go 4-5 years between cycles, but always store that precious Trex.  So ... this last cycle, the first HA hit at 1:00 am.  I run to my basement storage cabinet, pull out the autoinjector, and the beast is hitting so hard I can't remember how the injector works all of a sudden.

Instead of twisting and pulling it out, I twist, PUSH and then pull it out!  Watched that precious Trex shoot clear across the room.  Talk about stupid!!!  Did that THREE times before I figured it out and, of course, by then the beast was quieting...... LOL

Kris
IP Logged

I'm a small woman in small town being chased by a VERY BIG BEAST!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss