Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 4:25am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « O2 & Rebound HA'S »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   O2 & Rebound HA'S
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: O2 & Rebound HA'S  (Read 727 times)
debco
New Board Newbie
USA 

O2 & Rebound HA'S
« on: Nov 17th, 2004, 2:41pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Just curious to see what u all think about this. Started O2 3 nights ago, it gets rid of CH in @ 5-7 minutes, however now I am experiencing.
1. CH every night:
    Before O2 every other night
    Less pain K-3 instead of K-9
    Get 3 occurances instead of the BIG 1 on the hour
More of a nusiance now, sleep is very interrupted, would you say these are REBOUND CH???? Why did it change??
I'm really not complaining, rather have this as a nusiance then feeling like my head is hitting cement for 2 hours. Just curious, and trying to figure this darn stupid thing out!!!
IP Logged
unsolved1

Email

Re: O2 & Rebound HA'S
« Reply #1 on: Nov 17th, 2004, 2:48pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I've never heard of O2 causing rebounds   Huh

But, you know you better than anyone else ... if you feel it is making you worse, try not using it for a few days and see what happens.

Unsolved
IP Logged
marlin
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #2 on: Nov 17th, 2004, 2:59pm »

At the beginning of the cycle the O2 knocks it down for the night.

But, same thing happens to me towards the middle of a cycle -- Suck down O2 for 5-10min in the middle of the night, headache clears up most of the way, fall asleep, repeat.  

Slam the Imitrex after the first O2 doesn't get me thru the night.  Quit wasting precious sleep...
IP Logged
debco
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #3 on: Nov 17th, 2004, 4:55pm »

I guess I'm a bit scared of taking Imetrex. What's it like? Will it knock them out for a whole night?
IP Logged
pubgirl

Email

« Reply #4 on: Nov 17th, 2004, 5:20pm »

I have  found if I stay on the 02 at a lower flow rate for a while after the pain has gone, I don't get the "rebound" If I stop the 02 straight away after the pain has gone, I frequently get another, usually less painful attack a while later

Hope this helps

Wendy
« Last Edit: Nov 17th, 2004, 5:20pm by pubgirl » IP Logged
EvertBoer
New Board Newbie

Email

« Reply #5 on: Nov 17th, 2004, 6:18pm »

I also find that in the beginning of the cycle, oxygen works pretty good. During the peak, I also experience the HA coming back after about an hour or two, when I repeat it. Usually the 3rd time, I will use a shot. I wouldn't say the oxygen causes a rebound, it's basically just keeping it (the HA) at bay. At the absolute worst point of my cycle, an imitrex shot just keeps it at bay also, just longer.
IP Logged
marlin
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #6 on: Nov 17th, 2004, 6:41pm »

Debco, I can't say for sure.  Seems that a lot of CH sufferers experience success with Imitrex INJECTIBLES.  Don't waste your time with the nasal spray or pill - totally useless - by the time they do anything you've already battled with the worst the beast can throw your way.  What's the point.

The first time you take the shot (little pinch really) you may get a hot flash, a little jittery and fell a little creepy.  If it works the CH should just plain fade QUICK.  In my case always less than 5min w/ 6mg.  Haven't tried splitting the doses yet and may not bother.

Nothing to be afraid of as long as you don't have blood pressure or heart problems.  A lot of CH sufferers are smokers and some have issues I guess.

Believe me - After YEARS of dancing and cussing the Imitrex is a true miracle drug.  I don't know what I would be doing without it.

On prednisone now and it seems to be helping - a lot.  If you really feel adventurous you may talk to your doc about giving that a try.  A litttle rough on the stomache, but look, if you can weather a night fighting the beast, everything else is a walk in the park.  I have 5 crushed disks in my neck, severed an ulnar nerve, broken limbs... - NOTHING COMES CLOSE TO CH PAIN.  (OK - Major toothaches requiring root canal can come sorta close but respond to medication)
IP Logged
pubgirl

Email

« Reply #7 on: Nov 17th, 2004, 6:55pm »

on Nov 17th, 2004, 6:41pm, marlin wrote:
 Don't waste your time with the nasal spray or pill - totally useless - by the time they do anything you've already battled with the worst the beast can throw your way.  What's the point.

Sorry Marlin, I disagree about the nasal sprays, when I do use them (which isn't often as I prefer 02) they get rid of the pain in 10-12 minutes. They aren't quite as fast as the injections, but they aren't far off.

The pills ARE useless though.

Wendy
IP Logged
marlin
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #8 on: Nov 17th, 2004, 7:10pm »

Well, you're lucky w/ the spray.  If I would have known about this board my nasal sprays may have been spared a ride in the garbage truck.  I could have mailed them to someone that would have appreciated it more than me.  Whatever works.  I have a tendency to reach for the penthouse button every time I get on an elevator.  No sense in getting out on a lower floor if your goal is to get to the top.

I guess it's true that this stuff works differently on almost everyone.  In fact, it may work differently on the same person on any given day.

But - Never had an Injection fail yet.
IP Logged
Connie
New Board Junior
USA 

Email

« Reply #9 on: Nov 17th, 2004, 9:33pm »

debco,
My hubby was having the same problem. 02 worked but they kept coming back, we thought they were rebounds.   Someone on this board told us to continue using the 02 for 5-10 minutes after the pain has subsided (usually subsides in 5-10 minutes for him) and that has seemed to work.  The H/A may come back but not for at least 3-5  hours.

Give it a try, we did and it has seemed to work.

Good Luck
Connie
IP Logged

Connie
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss