Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 12:47pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « anyone know about this? shadow headaches. »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   anyone know about this? shadow headaches.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: anyone know about this? shadow headaches.  (Read 909 times)
Sisyphus
New Board Junior
United_Kingdom 

At least when its over you can have a beer!

anyone know about this? shadow headaches.
« on: Nov 18th, 2004, 11:47am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

the following was mailed to me directly so I have pasted the key part and will let the sender know to look on this thread for any answers.

I hope you dont mind me contacting you, I notice your from the UK like myself. I was wondering if you could tell me if you have shadows (tiny little reminders of the headaches) as I have had constant tiny headaches lasting for like a few seconds on almost every part of my head, this is since having 1 headache per day for 3 days around 6-8 months ago which my doc said were cluster headaches?
IP Logged

The gods had condemned Sisyphus to ceaselessly rolling a rock to the top of a mountain, whence the stone would fall back of its own weight. They thought there no more dreadful punishment!
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

Re: anyone know about this? shadow headaches.
« Reply #1 on: Nov 18th, 2004, 12:43pm »

Quote:
on almost every part of my head

I don't knowabout that. My shadows are always on the cluster side. Same as a CH, just less intense...
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #2 on: Nov 18th, 2004, 1:12pm »

Copy and pasted from under the 'medical info' button on the left.

Chronic paroxysmal hemicrania is subgroup of the chronic form of cluster headache, is highly responsive to indomethacin.  It is characterized by 15 or more focal attacks of head pain daily

That's what the tiny headaches sound like to me, but, it's only my opinion and I'm not a doctor.
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
Mac_Muz
New Board Old Timer
USA 

new hampster "eat seeds or die"

Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 18th, 2004, 3:10pm »

Sis, Hard to tell, and you can see the concerns by others... Also you can see what I call delicate (case in point)... Get that poster in here for chat, and if it ain't a Ch I can beat him/her up and have my fun~!  No, really get the person in here, as there are better than me for help even if it is not a Ch...

What bothers nani also bothers me. Folks end up here all the time thinkg Ch and it might not be... They get pointed to where to go for what ever it is.  

This is not migraines web and it is not a lot of other things, but these folks will be headed up and hered out to a place better suited for them...

Like the others here I suspect things, but then I am no MD either....  Mac
IP Logged

When all else fails read the instructions.
pubgirl

Email

« Reply #4 on: Nov 18th, 2004, 5:10pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Bob's right.

Tiny little headaches lasting a few seconds could be a number of the shorter-lived headache types, all of which (and I stand to be corrected here) are known as "indomethacin reponsive"

Wendy
« Last Edit: Nov 18th, 2004, 5:11pm by pubgirl » IP Logged
Sisyphus
New Board Junior
United_Kingdom 

« Reply #5 on: Nov 18th, 2004, 6:14pm »

thanks guys. person who came direct to me says is a bit shy so I just posted this up for that person. I have now been speaking with a few direct messages, cheered the one up some and advised to check out this thread. Thanks again. jack
IP Logged

The gods had condemned Sisyphus to ceaselessly rolling a rock to the top of a mountain, whence the stone would fall back of its own weight. They thought there no more dreadful punishment!
Sisyphus
New Board Junior
United_Kingdom 

« Reply #6 on: Nov 19th, 2004, 5:43pm »

Thought you all might like to know that the person involved has sent me the following direct message. I'll only paste up the relevant bits and say thankyou to those who contributed.

I have been looking at the thread and will definately be showing my GP as its evident the forum members clearly know more about this than my doc does.

I sure like the sound of the "indomethacin reponsive" headaches, Ill take that anyday over the CH anyday lol

... I havent really spoke to my girlfriend about all of this but Im going to tell her on the weekend becuase I know shes noticed a change in my attitude over the last months due to my confusion as to what all this going on really is......

Thanks again ...,

regards, jack.[color=Black][/color]
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss