Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 2:06am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Am I the only one???? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Am I the only one????
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Am I the only one????  (Read 709 times)
becky8

Email

Am I the only one????
« on: Nov 19th, 2004, 10:31am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I have never heard this mentioned by anyone. I get pain from my eye ( well, sometimes the top of my head) all the way down to my neck and face??? And not just with big hits? My jaw and neck hurt on and off alot too. I don't know if its stress of the CH cause I've been in constant pain for many days now or what but I can feel the nerve endings in my face and jaw alot. Any one else?? Or am I just special!!! LOL!!!
IP Logged
Chillrmn1

Email

Re: Am I the only one????
« Reply #1 on: Nov 19th, 2004, 5:12pm »

Kinda Sorta - Sometimes I'll have pain slowly creep from the joint of my jawbone down both the upper and lower jaws, then slowly feel it hit each nerve of each tooth and then stop halfway from my mouth.  

Does that qualify or am I special?  LOL
« Last Edit: Nov 19th, 2004, 5:13pm by Chillrmn1 » IP Logged
Mac_Muz
New Board Old Timer
USA 

new hampster "eat seeds or die"

Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 19th, 2004, 5:59pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Akkkkkk you loose not special... Lucky you eh? Read more in the side bar's and see what thats all about.. Then once you do that, begin to feel around and you just might find something... Once again this is not to be feared any more than a CH is.. I know you probably fear a CH too, but don't. They just hurt like hell...

So far yer batting 1,000 as nuts as that sounds.. You have CH's and girls are said not to.. Who ever dreamed that up should have been choked to death....
becky, you are going to deal with this.. it will not kill you, but it might make you wish at times you were dead... Don't ever do that.... get on here yell scream and moan if need be.... When it gets bad find someone close by on here and call em.. If it was me I would come.... I am sure Johnny would and a lot more too....

We might stuff O2 into yer head and hold you when you dance, and do what ever we can to try to help, but dig right in and get a grip.. Change everything you do and the times you do it... Never quit never give up and never give in.... Damned easy to say, but then I did all that stuff... You go girl and keep on the fighting end...  

Me I am a lucky one with only one nasty bout of 8 weeks, so maybe I don't have any right, but I say different... And maybe long ago I had these and can't tell... I had some nasty problems with teeth or I took it as teeth at the time... I can't be sure.... SO maybe I have had these for years... I recall cringing and hiding and finally seeing dentist that couldn't find a thing wrong with my teeth....  

What is happening is happening and not your imagining ...

Might be next post you make you get a gold star for having a CH... Tell that one to the beast!

If anything this place will pour out more heart than you ever knew was there to be poured out.....  Mac
IP Logged

When all else fails read the instructions.
Ronny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Belgium 

Yabba Dabba Doo

maximus_imperius  
Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 19th, 2004, 6:49pm »

Hi,  

I dont get those but another strange feeling: it's like my inner ear (same side) cramps together, rather painfull, (not compared to ch). I guess it's just one way of the beasty boy to let you know he's still there.

Ronny.
IP Logged

Count your rainbows, not your thunderstorms.
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #4 on: Nov 19th, 2004, 6:55pm »

No you're not...I get the jaw and neck pain, too. In fact- I'm getting it now... Sad
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
aggiegran
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

AnnRow1117

« Reply #5 on: Nov 20th, 2004, 12:03am »

I ask my Doctor about the jaw and neck pain , he thinks it your bodys response to severe pain....Sometimes thats  how I know I'm getting ready to dance....What ever it is ...it Sucks big time...Hope you feel better soon.
IP Logged
cschick

Email

« Reply #6 on: Nov 20th, 2004, 9:10am »

I was trying to find my post from when I first came here about this exact thing.  I couldn't find it - maybe someone will be able to or search back to the early part of October of this year.  I have the jaw, teeth and ear pain when having a cluster, but it lasts for quite some time afterwards.  I often feel like when the cluster is coming to an end it is sliding down the right temple and down and out of my ear.  Hurts like hell but at least I know it is over at that point and kind of look forward to that pain because it only lasts a few seconds instead of hours.  Have you ever been diagnosed with TMJ?  When I am stressed I clench my teeth which causes tremendous pain in the neck and teeth.  Just a thought.
IP Logged
Thomas_Martin
New Board Newbie
Denmark 

Yippie.My Head is blowing up.

« Reply #7 on: Nov 20th, 2004, 3:21pm »

My CH hits in the upper jaw region the most and the eye second. Sometimes its the reverse.  and it switches sides to.
One time(at bandcamp) it was so severe that I was actually numb at the back of my skull, but that was probably because it was a kip 9 and my muscles was real tense.
IP Logged
lionsound
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

breathe

« Reply #8 on: Nov 20th, 2004, 7:24pm »

Of course you special, Becky! Smiley

And yes, I get something like that a lot too. A pain line from the top of my head down into my eye, through my face , into my neck. My neck hurts a lot. And I could "trace" the lines of the nerves on my face. I always thought I should take a pen and do that and take a pic so the doc could see.  

Did you call your doc? If this is new for you might be worth a chat.  

PF wishes for you!
Be well,
lionsound
IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #9 on: Nov 21st, 2004, 1:06am »

my neck always hurts on my CH side....right behind the ear....

I actually found out that I have arthritis in my neck (cervical spine) probably from years of thrashing around made a major contribution
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
Kris_in_SJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

There's no place like home.

Email

« Reply #10 on: Nov 21st, 2004, 8:01pm »

Personally, I think we're all special.  Yes ... jaw, ear, upper teeth ... anywhere that crazy trigeminal nerve leads to.  That's where we might have CH pain.  

Somewhere here, there's a link to that picture.  You only need to see it to understand why it hurts where it does.

Kris
IP Logged

I'm a small woman in small town being chased by a VERY BIG BEAST!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss