Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 9:39am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « I CAN"T TAKE IT ANYMORE »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   I CAN"T TAKE IT ANYMORE
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: I CAN"T TAKE IT ANYMORE  (Read 816 times)
love2bamommy
New Board Newbie
USA 

The best thing in my life is my son!

Cassandra9988   Micalampfan

I CAN"T TAKE IT ANYMORE
« on: Nov 24th, 2004, 11:14am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I was just recently diagnosed with Cluster headaches, i have had them for years, but no one would believe me. My father had them, and he has since passed away, so i can't talk to him about it. My family doesn't want to admit that mine was hereditary. So they won't talk to me either. I am on Imatrex, and it takes a long 20 mins for it to work. I know when they are comming, my face starts this slight burning sinsation, and then goes into a dull headache..When i get it, i kindof kid myself, telling myself, this isn't going to go into a bad headache, and i can deal with this. I start to pase back and forth, and swaying. I can't talk to anyone, becuase my brain is doing something else, and so i can't think to answer the smallest of questions. I have started to notice that the pain SLOWLY goes down, starts in my eyes, then moves down into my teath, and then goes into my neck. Today i had one, started at about 8 and went to 10..(well that's when i got up) After it goes away, it feels like a Mac truck went by and hit me. I am so tired. Does this happen to anyone else. I have also noticed that now its happening every morning.  
Another thing, that is so hard to belive is that i started this when i was 17-18 years old, and now i am 25.
I would love to meet people to talk to and who know what the hell i am going through!
Thanks for Listening!
Cassandra
IP Logged

A wise woman once wrote "Keep smiling, if you smile, then everyone else around you will smile too" That was written by Debbi Sears, my mother
becky8

Email

Re: I CAN"T TAKE IT ANYMORE
« Reply #1 on: Nov 24th, 2004, 11:24am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Bless your heart, and yes it happens to all of us. I don't think its heredity though, at least not what I have read and I hope not since I have a daughter. Read the things on the side bar, there's alot of info there too. To really help you we need to know what kind of meds are you on? And imitrex pills DON"T WORK, you need the spray or best of all the injections. And 02 is better yet doesn't hurt your body. Tell everyone as much as you can and you will see a respond that will really help. We are here for you!!!
IP Logged
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 24th, 2004, 11:39am »

Increased familial risk of cluster headache.

Leone M, Russell MB, Rigamonti A, Attanasio A, Grazzi L, D'Amico D, Usai S, Bussone G.

Carlo Besta National Neurological Institute, Milan, Italy.

The authors studied the occurrence of cluster headache in the families of 220 Italian patients with cluster headache. A positive family history was found in 20% (44/220) of the families. Compared with the general population, first-degree relatives had a 39-fold significantly increased risk of cluster headache. Second-degree relatives had an eightfold significantly increased risk. The increased familial risk strongly supports the hypothesis that cluster headache has a genetic component in some families.
IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #3 on: Nov 24th, 2004, 11:46am »

Hi Cassandra and welcome. I'm sorry you had to seek us out, but you'll find a loving and supportive family here... Like Becky8 said...read everything here and at the OUCH site and you'll get lots of good info. Find a good neurologist that understnads CH and get some treatments. These headaches are treatable...but can be a real b*tch to live with. Good luck, hun, and hang in there... hug
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Biker
New Board Old Timer
USA 

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #4 on: Nov 24th, 2004, 12:12pm »

I am sorry you are experiencing CH.   It is a bear.  Often, I think being eaten by a bear would be less painfull.
  Have you tried Oxygen?  It seems to help.  Seems to help me anyway.
   Find your local welding shop, or local EMS station, or fire station, explain your situation, and perhaps someone will listen to your delimia.   I personally read about oxygen on this site and used a local auto mechanics oxygen the first few times around----and it helped.   I currently lease 3 bottles of oxygen from the local welding shop.  When I get the first feelings of a CH comming on, I saturate myself with the gass.   I actually live off the gass for 10-15 minutes.  
   Seems to help me.    Others may offer a different opinion.
IP Logged

Ride it like ya stole it.
Testy1
New Board Junior
Saudi_Arabia 

Email

Yes you can
« Reply #5 on: Nov 24th, 2004, 1:28pm »

Hi Cassandra.
You can take it. Others are and they're no tougher than you. I keep thinking that "it is just pain. I'm not dying from anything and it will go away soon." Anyway, that is my personal mantra when I'm marching around in the middle of the night. (Not counting the occasional lurid curse or two!)
I know what you mean about getting them in the mornings. Mine are usually late at night but I also get the occasional "wake up call" around 0530 or so. What a way to start the day!

All the best to you.

Jack
IP Logged
ArCane
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Onward through the fog

Email

« Reply #6 on: Nov 25th, 2004, 5:41am »

Hi Cassandra and welcome to the boards.  Sorry you had to find us but glad your here.  Im a young clusterhead also (22 years old) and they started for me when I was 17 too.  For some people CH is not hereditary, but in my case, and it looks like in yours, it is.  My grandfather had them, my aunt had them, and my father has them.  My father calls it our "family curse."  

The best addvice I can give to you is to go to a neuro that knows what they are talking about and to read all the information and posts on this site.  This place has helped me countless of times and the people on here are great.

Hang in there.  They might hurt like hell but theyll never kill ya.  PF vibes heading your way.

Best Wishes,
Allen
IP Logged

Alchemy’s First Law of Equivalent Exchange: To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
survivor13
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

thunderstruck
Email

« Reply #7 on: Nov 26th, 2004, 3:36am »

i'm chronic 13 years minus 3 years remission. u have to always remember they always go away. feeling very tired after an aatack is common. it's from fighting the pain.
IP Logged
cschick

Email

« Reply #8 on: Nov 26th, 2004, 9:33pm »

You can take it - you have to be stronger than the beast for sure!  O2 has been a lifesaver for me this cycle.  I am hoping to be ending my cycle soon.  Been going since 10/01 - I feel for all the chronics here - they are the TOUGH ones as far as I am concerned!  I hate that you are here, but I hope you read, read, read all the info here.  It is great info and very important you are informed.  I have learned so much from this site and made some lifelong friends.  I have only been coming here for about a month and a half but already have had some save me from myself.  Be strong and educate yourself.  If you haven't tried o2 please do.  It won't hurt to try it!  My hubby even called 911 to get the paramedics to my house at 4 am one morning, they came I used the o2 - it worked - and they left - no charge.  Might consider doing that.

Stay strong!  You are tougher than you think!

Karen
IP Logged
BlueMeanie

Email

« Reply #9 on: Nov 26th, 2004, 10:06pm »

Welcome,

Read the medical info to the left. You may want to see a Neuro and get some preventive meds. Not sure if you're chronic or episodic. Prevents are a must for Chronics. Many of us episodics don't worry too much about prevents as our cycles end after a few months. It sounds like you haven't used 02. Copy the oxygen info to the left to take with to the doc. It's definately worth a try. If you're not using the injections you should switch as they are faster than spray or pills. Always talk to a doc about health conditions prior to using meds as some may cause you problems if you have certain other conditions other than Cluster Headaches.

Hope you get relief soon. Hang there Cassandra.

ps: Love the name. It's my grand-daughters name too.
IP Logged
warrior
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #10 on: Nov 27th, 2004, 12:07am »

Cry  I have had CH's for about 8 years and there is nothing good about them.  The O2 does not work for me .  I just come off remission and now have been battling them for over a month on a daily basis.  The dr's don't want me to have any more demorol(which really helps when I get the bad ones and I feel so frustrated and don't know what to do.   Angry  If they only had to go through one of the CH's when they get so bad.  Hope you get some relief.
IP Logged
Tara Ann
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

It's always darkest before the dawn.

tara_ann_77  
WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: Nov 28th, 2004, 12:29am »

Welcome Cassandra, and sorry you have CH.  This is the best place for support and information.  I just wanted to add my  twocents about the heredity thing.  My grandfather on my moms side had CH (called Histamine headaches back then).  I also believe my mother had them undiagnosed but she has since passed so we'll never know.  Hang in there hun.  You will get through this like you have all these years
IP Logged

http://www.myspace.com/taraann77
netniet
New Board Junior

going to the headbangersbal

« Reply #12 on: Nov 29th, 2004, 1:17pm »

Hi Cassandra

My family history:

- great grandmother
- grandfather
- father

And last but not least me, Im the lucky B@#*& who keeps the family tradition going.

So at night when I go to the headbangers ball  and the pain get me on my knees, I pray that my son never get CH.

Ninet
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss