Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 23rd, 2024, 4:32am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « IS there a difference? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   IS there a difference?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: IS there a difference?  (Read 688 times)
love2bamommy
New Board Newbie
USA 

The best thing in my life is my son!

Cassandra9988   Micalampfan

IS there a difference?
« on: Nov 24th, 2004, 9:05pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi,
Today i was talking to someone, and they made me feel as though my headaches weren't all that bad. To be honest, A cluster headache is a cH! Just becuase i don't have a remission of 14 days, doesn't mean i don't suffer too! I don't remeber who i talked to, but i kindof hurt. Right now i am in an active zone. Shadows dancing, the pain going to K9! I have to say for those who have it more often i feel for you. But Just becuase it's been 6 months since i've had one, doesn't mean i am not suffering.
I know most of you are being very supportive, but i had to vent!  
I love this site, i am hungry for info, and people to talk to, unfortunatly the first person i tried to talk to, just drilled the hell out of me and never said anything about herself/himself.  
You all know what it's like to be in an active zone. And all you want to do is talk to others to encourage you to keep fighting! Please, if you see me online, IM me!  
The big question is:Why and what is the diffence between Chronic and Eposodic? Why does that even mater?
« Last Edit: Nov 24th, 2004, 9:10pm by love2bamommy » IP Logged

A wise woman once wrote "Keep smiling, if you smile, then everyone else around you will smile too" That was written by Debbi Sears, my mother
don

Email

Re: IS there a difference?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 24th, 2004, 9:23pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

The clinical classification says you are diagnosed chronic if you do not experiance 30 straight days with no pain in the course of one year.

Chronic or epidodic the pain is the same. Dibilitating. It matters because it will help you and the Doc determine what treatment is appropriate and the duration of time you will need the meds.

I'm guessing whomever you talked to is not a sufferer?
« Last Edit: Nov 24th, 2004, 9:24pm by don » IP Logged
love2bamommy
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #2 on: Nov 24th, 2004, 9:25pm »

To be honest, they were someone who visits this site.
IP Logged

A wise woman once wrote "Keep smiling, if you smile, then everyone else around you will smile too" That was written by Debbi Sears, my mother
don

Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 24th, 2004, 9:35pm »

Yeah well, shit happens.

Dont let it stop you from asking questions and getting the info you need for treatment.
IP Logged
Grandma_Sweet_Boy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

What Goes Around Comes Around!

« Reply #4 on: Nov 24th, 2004, 9:50pm »

Don - you're a true angel that appeared right when you were needed for this little gal.  Let's get her on the right track cause it sounds like someone maybe scared her off a bit her first time around.

Carol
IP Logged
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #5 on: Nov 25th, 2004, 9:34am »

I am so sorry for the things you had read.  hug
I was episodic when I was first diagnosed, but now I am chronic. That means that my CH goes on and on and on with only few days without them in between when I am lucky. But from my experience, the pain is as horrible as episodic and as chronic. Us chronics just have more of it.

Best wishes,
sandie99
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #6 on: Nov 25th, 2004, 11:37am »

It was I who was speaking to Cassandra, and simply tried toexplain the difference between chronic and episodic and pointed her to the links at the left for help in  learning more about the difference, and treatment methods.  The right meds are critical to treatment of this, as Don explained.  I'm sorry if the misunderstanding occured.  I have the conversation in archive and I in no way minimized the suffering involved. Meerly tried to explain the difference between the two catagories so she could find the right help for her.

It's a difficult time when we are suffereing and some things said can get misunderstood and I'm sorry if I wasn't clearer in my intent to be helpful.  Again Cassandra, I was sincerely trying to be helpful so you could seek out the correct treatment for your particular case.  

Redd.

edit to add the entire conversation.

ma_2_2 (3:01:32 PM): sorry I took so long to reply
ma_2_2 (3:01:40 PM): hello
cassandra9988 (3:01:40 PM): that's ok
cassandra9988 (3:01:57 PM): so, do you have the cycle right now?
cassandra9988 (3:02:02 PM): or are you in remission?
ma_2_2 (3:02:09 PM): chronic here
cassandra9988 (3:02:15 PM): Me too
cassandra9988 (3:02:19 PM): had one this morning
cassandra9988 (3:02:34 PM): don't know why i kid myself, and think its not happening..lol
ma_2_2 (3:03:00 PM): have you been recently DX?
cassandra9988 (3:03:07 PM): DX?
ma_2_2 (3:03:22 PM): Diagnosed
cassandra9988 (3:03:26 PM): yes
cassandra9988 (3:03:45 PM): though i have had them since i was 17
cassandra9988 (3:03:49 PM): i am now 25
ma_2_2 (3:04:11 PM): how oftn do you get hit?
cassandra9988 (3:04:49 PM): Well when the attacts frist start, i get them 1-3 a week, then it starts going 2 times a day, then 3, then 4
cassandra9988 (3:05:00 PM): right now i am averaging 2 times a day
cassandra9988 (3:05:23 PM): what about you?
ma_2_2 (3:05:34 PM): but you say they start slow....how long does the cycle last?
cassandra9988 (3:05:44 PM): about 2-3 months
cassandra9988 (3:05:50 PM): i just started the cycle
cassandra9988 (3:06:01 PM): 2-3 weeks in to it
ma_2_2 (3:06:02 PM): and how long between cycles?
cassandra9988 (3:06:15 PM): umm, i would say about 6-7 months
cassandra9988 (3:06:19 PM): what about you?
ma_2_2 (3:06:23 PM): then you are not chronic
cassandra9988 (3:06:38 PM): but i have Cluster headaches
ma_2_2 (3:06:54 PM): right...but you are episodic...
cassandra9988 (3:06:58 PM): oh
cassandra9988 (3:07:08 PM): didn't know there was a difference  
cassandra9988 (3:07:09 PM): thanks
ma_2_2 (3:07:14 PM): yes there is...
ma_2_2 (3:07:16 PM): lol
cassandra9988 (3:07:24 PM): are you cronic?
ma_2_2 (3:07:29 PM): really read up at the sight...
cassandra9988 (3:07:32 PM): my father was cronic
cassandra9988 (3:07:41 PM): chronic
ma_2_2 (3:07:59 PM): chronic is no remission longer than 14 consecutive days
cassandra9988 (3:08:04 PM): he died when i was 18 (my thought was becuase of the headaches)
ma_2_2 (3:09:11 PM): really do read up at the links on the left of the site....there is a wealth of info there...
cassandra9988 (3:09:23 PM): wow
ma_2_2 (3:10:10 PM): lots of things to read and help point your way to some relief.
« Last Edit: Nov 25th, 2004, 11:44am by Redd » IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
love2bamommy
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #7 on: Nov 25th, 2004, 11:52am »

I have to say "Im sorry" To you..Yesterday was a very fustrating day, and now reading our conversation, maybe i was just pissed that i didn't get the "Poor baby" i was looking for. I wanted to hear about what you go through, and what type of things you do. So i could compare. I am sorry.  Redd715
Cassandra
IP Logged

Jonny

Email

« Reply #8 on: Nov 25th, 2004, 11:55am »

Ok....all is good in Clusterville now....on a good day for it.

Eat people...EAT!!! Grin

.................................jonny
IP Logged
vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Nov 25th, 2004, 12:04pm »

The funny thing, is the word chronic truly means lasting a long time as in life-long.  Technically, the way doctors use the term chronic for clusterheads isn't the right word.  It really should signify continuous.  I suppose there will always be some confusion.

"Lasting for a long period of time or marked by frequent recurrence, as certain diseases: chronic colitis. "
Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition

kiss and make up you two...  laugh
« Last Edit: Nov 25th, 2004, 12:05pm by vig » IP Logged

never, Never, NEVER quit. -Winston Churchill
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #10 on: Nov 25th, 2004, 12:10pm »

Yes..Brother dear....this is all good now.  

Cassandra, I'm sorry you felt grilled.  It's part of understand the best way to help... by getting details about how you suffer,  and then being able to point you in the right directions.  

IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss