Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 20th, 2024, 3:06am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Depression...simple question...difficult answer »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Depression...simple question...difficult answer
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Depression...simple question...difficult answer  (Read 698 times)
the_old_man
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
USA 

I've had amnesia for as long as I can remember!

Depression...simple question...difficult answer
« on: Nov 25th, 2004, 8:10pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

How do you handle the depression that comes with not wanting to face another day or nite fighting the beast?  How do you cope with the knowledge that another day has gone by and you were unable to get anything productive done?  How do you overcome the anxiety of just waiting for the next one to hit.  I'm sorry.  I'm just having a tough time with this bout.  I went 18 months pf and thought I had finally outgrown this.  Now it's back and I just don't know where the strength will come from this time.  Maybe I just had too much turkey today....

The Old Man
IP Logged
Jonny

Email

Re: Depression...simple question...difficult answe
« Reply #1 on: Nov 25th, 2004, 8:24pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hang in there old dude, ive been chronic for 30 years....everyday is a test for me. knowing it will end is how I have made it this far.

18 months pain free?......if that were me I would probably laugh at the beast just to piss him off....what more can he do to me?

...............................jonny
IP Logged
the_old_man
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
USA 

I've had amnesia for as long as I can remember!

« Reply #2 on: Nov 25th, 2004, 8:38pm »

Thanx Jonny.  Putting it in perspective helps.  I DID have 18 months PF.  That's more than others get.  Screw it.  I'll find the strength to get by just like I have for 27 years.  Just having a bit of a down time feeling sorry for myself.  There are a lot of others here worse off than I am.  I still fight the beast with no meds, but I haven't lost one yet.  Thanx to all of you for being here.

The Old Man
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #3 on: Nov 25th, 2004, 8:40pm »

hug  Hang in there...sometimes the only way to get through is knowing that you did it yesterday... and if you have to, you'll do it again tomorrow...
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
allan_r
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #4 on: Nov 25th, 2004, 9:54pm »

Having  turned chronic recently- 6 - 9 months ago.  I started seeing a therapist and a psychiatrist-- and believe me I am, like most educated people too smart for them.  It has helped.   I have concentrated on the hours of the day without the headaches- knowing that they will come and have worked on ways to alleviate the stress on my family when they do.  
   As for the headaches, the pain is still there-- I have yet to find the right preventive med, although topomax seems to be starting to work, but four months of therapy has helped to deal with that as well.
    I have also started on Zoloft.  I was very resistant to the idea, but it has helped, at least my mood has improved when not in the headaches -- remember when you weren't having headaches?  That is how I feel for those hours of the day when it isn't there.  

That's how I've dealt with the chronic state of affairs.  It has helped to save my life, and my marriage.  I can only say I know I couldn't do it alone.

allan

« Last Edit: Nov 25th, 2004, 9:57pm by allan_r » IP Logged
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #5 on: Nov 25th, 2004, 10:17pm »

I'm chronic and I'm doing it alone...well except for the family at this site....I'd rather not be...but it can be done.

IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
love2bamommy
New Board Newbie
USA 

The best thing in my life is my son!

Cassandra9988   Micalampfan

« Reply #6 on: Nov 25th, 2004, 10:17pm »

Mr Old Man,
Keep your head up! Being of someone who took there life becuase of CH (my father) I know what it's like to be on the other end. There are people who love you and want to help you in any way that they can. We are here for you, I certainly know that i am here for you if you need me. Send me an email or IM and i will give you my phone number (we'll suffer together!) Also know that we are all family here, and we wouldn't want anything bad to happen to you.
Keep Smiling, It will end eventually!
Cassandra
IP Logged

A wise woman once wrote "Keep smiling, if you smile, then everyone else around you will smile too" That was written by Debbi Sears, my mother
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #7 on: Nov 27th, 2004, 12:49pm »

hug
I know what you're going through.... All I can say is that it will pass, in time. So, hang on there! Things WILL get better!

Best wishes & PFdays,
sandie99
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

becky8

Email

« Reply #8 on: Nov 27th, 2004, 10:07pm »

I thought I was in heaven when I had 4 days Painfree!! Its an on going struggle for all of us, so hang and stay close. There will be better days, its hard to believe right now but it will happen. Were here for you!!
IP Logged
Ruth
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

« Reply #9 on: Nov 28th, 2004, 9:57am »

You no what, I understand completely, went 9 and half years with out  even a hint of a CH, then bam, up jumps the devil and here I am. Until that time I was in and out of cycle every 18 months or so.
I thank God for the free time, and now I thank God for all of you.
Hang in there buddy, your depression is understandable and accepted.

Ruth
IP Logged
IndianaJohn
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Into the jaws of the Beast we ride!

Email

« Reply #10 on: Nov 28th, 2004, 12:01pm »

I've walked that road and it's a tough one.  I belive that I would not be alive today if it weren't for the wonderful people here.  If you can't let it out anywhere else, vent away here.  That's what we're here for.

It will pass, just don't give up.

John
IP Logged

Did my brains fall out or is this headache over?
cschick

Email

« Reply #11 on: Nov 28th, 2004, 6:30pm »

I think what you are feeling is completely and totally NORMAL!  I feel "lucky" that I am only hit 6-8 weeks a year and realize that I could have it a lot worse by being chronic.  Keep your head up and know that this is a very safe place to vent and yell and scream and rant and grrrr and hit out.  You will be shocked and amazed at the responses you get.  It amazes me every time I let loose.  These are some of the most amazing people I have ever "met" in my life.  I am truly blessed to have gotten to know these folks and you will find wonderful support here.  Don't feel silly or bad for any feeling you have.  We have all been there and we UNDERSTAND!  

PFDAN to you Old Man!   hug

Karen who's been there all too often
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss