Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 8:26am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Another Stupid Question »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Another Stupid Question
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Another Stupid Question  (Read 550 times)
Sylvan
New Board Veteran
USA 

Another Stupid Question
« on: Nov 26th, 2004, 6:06pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi:

Hope everyone had a wonderful turkey day.  

It's been an odd week for me with these headaches. I actually had 4 PF days in a row (which i in my desire to find a magic bullet decided was due to bananas) Then i had a brutal one Wednesday night. I did have a very small glass of sherry that evening - but i'm not sure if that triggered it or not. I did have a brief spat with the BF shortly before i got home from work - so i was a little aggravated when i got home.  

I also had a fair amount of wine on thanksgiving and had no headache that night.  (1 glass with dinner - then about 4 small glasses of ice wine later in the evening)  

My question is - can something be a trigger one day and then not the next? Or am i just making myself crazier trying to predict these things?  

Sylvan
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

Re: Another Stupid Question
« Reply #1 on: Nov 26th, 2004, 6:14pm »

Quote:
Or am i just making myself crazier trying to predict these things?

That's probably it... I stopped trying to guess... Undecided
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
pubgirl

Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 26th, 2004, 6:33pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

'fraid trying to predict what Ch is going to do is like trying to hold a rainbow in your hands.

I can have a glass from a bottle of wine and get nothing, and next day a glass from the same bottle of wine and get hit.

Moral of this story is "don't drink while in cycle" (for me anyway)

and NEVER get caught out without your abortive on you, as the Cluster monster KNOWS!

Wendy
IP Logged
BlueMeanie

Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 26th, 2004, 10:13pm »

YEP. CH's come & go. Triggers come and go. Not always will a known trigger actually give you a CH. Alcohol is the most probable trigger though. It's nearly impossible to figure out as I'm sure you're learning.

PF vibes to you. Hope they end soon !!!!!
IP Logged
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #4 on: Nov 27th, 2004, 3:05am »

Triggers do vary with my CH and thing which once triggers doesn't in some other day. Once I got hit after drinking cold water, other after taking a warm shower, once wind triggered CH, once I got CH after visting dentist... Who knows when the beast likes to come?
In my case alcohol is never the trigger as I stopped drinking alltogether after my first HAs started.
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

unsolved1

Email

« Reply #5 on: Nov 27th, 2004, 9:28am »

I went to NashCon 04' and somehow became PF for the entire weekend and I even got drunk !!  me&mb

UNsolved
I still haven't figured out why or when they'll come
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss