Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 20th, 2024, 3:10am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « 20 yrs doning the dance »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   20 yrs doning the dance
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 20 yrs doning the dance  (Read 549 times)
Rod_v._Devil
New Board Newbie
USA 

It could be worse.

20 yrs doning the dance
« on: Nov 30th, 2004, 4:29am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Tonight I read a lot of posts.  I'm 37 and with 18 - 24 month PFs.  cycle lasting 3 weeks to 4 months. Sansrt was the best 8 to 10 a day down to 3-5 a week.  Taken off the market (no longer proiftable.) So I'm on the Zone 80 mg a day 40am and pm.  This time around I hit 15k (Ive gone beyond my 10kips of the past.)  Attacks of longer then 3 hrs back off a bit and seem to get stuck. At tihs point I used stadall (off THe Market as of last year) Now A 2X does of viciden seems to bring the pain to a level of satifactory dicomfort.  But leves me stoned and as a teacher I can't go to work that way.  Blood pressuer is a larger issue this time around and O2 helps the day attacks.  Removed all salt from my dite + 3X H2O.  Lots of ice showers to distract, 20% benzoncane on the gum and roof eases the root canal feeling during a dance.  Menthal gel on the rubed ion the side of the head (The nerve from the eye to the base of the neck, seems to ditract for a time)  

This is week 3 for this cycle. This is the worst cycle my wife and I can remember.
PS.  Please be caful with imitrix it almost killd me.
IP Logged

When this cycle is over I will pour a tall cool glass of homebrew to test devil and move on with my life on my terms.
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

Re: 20 yrs doning the dance
« Reply #1 on: Nov 30th, 2004, 9:33am »

Welcome and I'm sorry you're here. Have you tried oxygen to abort? Vicodin doesn't help CH and yes, as a teacher you need all your wits about you. Look around the board here and at the OUCH site to find some treatment options. You probably need some preventatives and oxygen. Talk to your doc. Ice packs help during a hit, also. Good luck and I hope you find some some relief.
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
unsolved1

Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 30th, 2004, 10:32am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Sorry you're dealing with the devil. I know how you feel because I've been doing it too for the past 16 yrs.

on Nov 30th, 2004, 4:29am, Rod_v._Devil wrote:
At tihs point I used stadall (off THe Market as of last year).

You mean Stadol ?? Stadol IV, IM, and NS are still available. I had some last month. (Little good did it do)

Hang in there

PF Wishes,
Unsolved

IP Logged
marlin
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #3 on: Nov 30th, 2004, 11:14am »

I used a pred taper this cycle.  Was getting 2-3 CH/day when I started the taper.  Immediately eliminated the CHs.  Had 1 CH 2 weeks ago, around 1 week into the taper and that was it. Been off the pred for a week now and no CHs. I think this cycle is over for me.

You may want to see about the pred.  Also, there are tips on how to split a trex dose in half.  Perhaps that would be a little easier on your system.  Without the trex I don't know what I'd do.

Good luck w/ your CHs, and get a spell checker teacher.
IP Logged
Rod_v._Devil
New Board Newbie
USA 

It could be worse.

« Reply #4 on: Nov 30th, 2004, 11:24am »

O2 works 50% of the time.  The tank is by my bed.  The vicadin breaks a stuck CH.  What do I mean by  stuck?  After 3-5 hrs and the 9-10 kip is a 4-7 and just stays (stuck) I think that a mucele spasum at the base of my neck presses the same nerve keeping it inflamed.  I'm going to ask my Dr. to cortizone the spasum. Then cross my fingers.  Only about 40% of my CH fade to nothing.  I know I'm treating the pain and not the problem but sometimes you retreat from a battle to win the war.
IP Logged

When this cycle is over I will pour a tall cool glass of homebrew to test devil and move on with my life on my terms.
Carl_D

Email

« Reply #5 on: Nov 30th, 2004, 11:47am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I think the 'stuck' level 4-7 feeling (especially in the eye / eyebrow, temple area) is what is known as shadowing. Some pain meds do help with shadows, but there is always the risk of rebound headaches as well.

If your BP is too high, then talk to your doc about Verapamil. It is a BP med that also works as a preventative for CH.  

One coping trick I do alot is to press my fingers into my jawline to try and cut off pressure from the neck, under the ear, leading to the temple. I learned long ago that if you press on your temple with your hands or something during a full blown CH, you're just adding to the pressure. Hope your get some relief soon.

Peace,
Carl D
IP Logged
Rod_v._Devil
New Board Newbie
USA 

It could be worse.

« Reply #6 on: Nov 30th, 2004, 3:45pm »

Verapamil caused a bad rash and I had to stop.  The shame is Sansert worked for me and it is gone by way of the $$$$$.
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss