Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 5:03am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « First trip to a neuro »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   First trip to a neuro
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: First trip to a neuro  (Read 588 times)
ArCane
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Onward through the fog

Email

First trip to a neuro
« on: Nov 30th, 2004, 11:29am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I know, I know, I should have done this along time ago but all the horror stories made me "neuro shy."  I finally went to the neuro today and I must say I was impressed.  The doctor actually knew what she was talking about.  I was blown away.  I didnt have to explain what a cluster is or nothing.  She gave me a scripe for a Medrol dose-pak, Dopasate (*Dopasake dont know the spelling), and an imetrex injector.  Ive used imetrex before but never the medrol or dopasate.  Has anyone had results with these meds?  Im out of cycle so it is good Im getting this done.  We will just have to see how effective everything is.  Thanks for listening to me.
IP Logged

Alchemy’s First Law of Equivalent Exchange: To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
Carl_D

Email

Re: First trip to a neuro
« Reply #1 on: Nov 30th, 2004, 11:39am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Glad you found a decent neuro. Oftentimes it can be harder than finding a good dance-partner.
For me, in the last year I have found that Imitrex works 60-75% of the time. But to be honest, I don't think I've even heard of Medrol or Dopasate.  

Peace,
Carl D
IP Logged
ArCane
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Onward through the fog

Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 30th, 2004, 12:09pm »

Actually I got to looking and its Depakote.  I dont know where I got Dopasate lol.
IP Logged

Alchemy’s First Law of Equivalent Exchange: To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
Magick

Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 30th, 2004, 9:42pm »

Depakoe has done nothing for me at all. Seems to be the norm from what I've seen here. Not sure why neurs are so hard up on it.
IP Logged
don

Email

« Reply #4 on: Nov 30th, 2004, 9:46pm »

Depakote was a flat out failure for me.

Have you considered verapamil?
IP Logged
ArCane
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Onward through the fog

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 1st, 2004, 12:43am »

I have considered verepamil, but she wanted to try the Depakote first.  Dont know why she was hard up for me to try it.  But Im willing to try anything once in the hope of being PF.  Thanks for your imput guys!!
IP Logged

nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #6 on: Dec 1st, 2004, 12:45am »

Ask about lithium, too.
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #7 on: Dec 2nd, 2004, 12:09am »

First let me say congratulations on getting a neuro who knows her ass from her elbow.  Hopefully she will work with you and for you to get you the meds and the quantities of meds you need.    

As far as the meds go, it all works different on different people.  I took Depakote up to 1500mg and got nothing out of it, except broke.  Of course, nothing else worked on me either, so give it a try.  It just might work for you.  If not, print this and take it to her.

http://www.future-drugs.com/admin/articlefile/ERN020304.pdf

Good luck and PFDAN to you!

Gator
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss