Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 24th, 2024, 8:11am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Neck pain after a CH »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Neck pain after a CH
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Neck pain after a CH  (Read 749 times)
MzBlackIce
New Board Newbie
USA 

mzblackice2003  

Neck pain after a CH
« on: Dec 2nd, 2004, 11:21pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

After my bless-ed one day w/o a CH, I noticed my neck muscle was sore on the side where the attack happened.  I'm currently having CH as I type so please forgive any typos. However,  I noticed my neck pain is no longer there.  This has never happened before have others experienced this?   Possible trigger for today's CH?
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

Re: Neck pain after a CH
« Reply #1 on: Dec 3rd, 2004, 12:14am »

Quote:
Possible trigger for today's CH?

I often get neck pain during a hit. It hurts from my eye/temple area all the way down through my jaw, ear and neck. My guess would be this was not a trigger, but an after effect. There is a lot of strain on your face and neck and even shoulder muscles during a hit. They get sore. Just my  twocents
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
RichardN
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

lastchantsranch   babbleontn
Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 3rd, 2004, 12:29am »

I don't remember whether I had neck pain or not "in the beginning" of my CH experience, but by the time I found this blessed site and finally had a name-for-the-pain, yes . . . neck almost always involved.  Part of my routine during a hit, whether sucking on the oxygen, soaking submerged in very hot water, or bouncing on my toes while occasionally rapping my head on the wall (gonna have calves of steel) is to rub that muscle downward with the thought of pressing blood out of your head on that side.  Whether effective or not, it gives you sumthin' else to do while waiting for the bastard to leave.

PFDAN
IP Logged

I can live with the beast as long as I don't have to "dance" with the bastard.
MzBlackIce
New Board Newbie
USA 

mzblackice2003  

« Reply #3 on: Dec 3rd, 2004, 8:51am »

[color=Purple][/color] you guys are great!  It's really good to talk to others who understand.  Thanks so much.
IP Logged
becky8

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 3rd, 2004, 9:51am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Alot, sometimes for days afterwards!!! I even had a post here asking about it, mine bothered me so much. Good Luck, its does go away, but with me it just takes longer.
IP Logged
Tara Ann
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

It's always darkest before the dawn.

tara_ann_77  
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 3rd, 2004, 7:50pm »

last year my family doc asked of I had neck pain with my headaches and I told him yes but mostly after my headache.  He then sent me to a physical therapist in hopes he could "cure" my headaches.  The therapist said my neck was in deed messed up, I had therapy a couple days a week for a month or two.  Made my neck all better (for a few months) but of course still get ch and migraines.  I must admit the PT really did alleviate my neck pain for awhile.
IP Logged

http://www.myspace.com/taraann77
byoung111
New Board Junior
USA 

It's just one of those days!

WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 3rd, 2004, 9:02pm »

My neck pain always comes after an attack. Probably cause I'm grabbing is so hard durring the hit. By the time I'm done I feel like someone's taken a bat to the side of my face. Better than the CH though!

Brian
IP Logged
Ruth
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 7th, 2004, 8:22pm »

yes, to the neck pain thingy, post traumatic cluster syndrone, that's what I call it.

Ruth
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss