Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 5:38pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « drooping eye »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   drooping eye
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: drooping eye  (Read 711 times)
marieinthesprings
New Board Newbie
USA 

2 the world U R 1 person,2 1person U R the world

drooping eye
« on: Dec 3rd, 2004, 9:37am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Does everyone get the drooping eye and the smaller pupil on the pain side?
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

Re: drooping eye
« Reply #1 on: Dec 3rd, 2004, 9:43am »

I do. In fact, people who are just acquaintances can see when I'm about to get hit. It's kinda sad when your kid's school counselor can see you and immediately ask "Are you having one of your headaches? Your eye looks weird."
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
JDH
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

We will get by, We will survive!

simnjue2u
Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 3rd, 2004, 10:01am »

I get the droopy eye thing too.  
In fact my wife can look at me and tell it's coming before it even hits.  

Jim
IP Logged

9-11-01, to remember is to honor.

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove.

ECH established 1985
Biker
New Board Old Timer
USA 

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #3 on: Dec 3rd, 2004, 7:10pm »

Yea.  Like Jim said.   The wife will sometimes look at me and tell me to go suck some oxygen, before I get the first twinge.    Droopy eye, runny nostril, and the monster in my brain.   OUCH!!!!!!!!!  Another pretty sure advance warning I learned about myself is my neck will get a little stiff, and when I turn my head, my neck will make a popping sound.  Tension I suppose.  My body can tell before my brain tells me.   Perhaps I am slow upstairs.
IP Logged

Ride it like ya stole it.
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 3rd, 2004, 8:09pm »

My eye doesn't droop per say...it's more like the whole side of my face sort of melts a bit.  

IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
Kris_in_SJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

There's no place like home.

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 3rd, 2004, 8:59pm »

Yep!  In fact, after my first cycle, I got a permanent droop. It's not severe, but really becomes noticeable when I'm tired or stressed.  Must have caused some long-term kinda damage to the Trigeminal Nerve.

Kris
IP Logged

I'm a small woman in small town being chased by a VERY BIG BEAST!
broomhilda
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Ride it!

witchilda

« Reply #6 on: Dec 3rd, 2004, 9:04pm »

on Dec 3rd, 2004, 8:59pm, Kris_in_SJ wrote:
Yep!  In fact, after my first cycle, I got a permanent droop. It's not severe, but really becomes noticeable when I'm tired or stressed.  Must have caused some long-term kinda damage to the Trigeminal Nerve.

Kris

You know I noticed the same thing as I was looking at pictures of me the past few years, it has not gotten any better which I thought it would ....
IP Logged

Suck it up Princess...

cschick

Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 3rd, 2004, 9:36pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

me too.  I was in the ER last year before I was diagnosed and the admit nurse ran for a dr when I came in because she thought I had a stroke - the whole right side of my face had dropped.  It happened when I was pregnant, too, but they thought I had Bells Palsy (spelling?).  Looking quite droopy tonight too - been getting hit all day - but on the LEFT side!  unpredictable thing this Beast.

Karen

edited to add : Just thought of this - maybe this will even my face out - trying to look on the bright side of things. Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Dec 3rd, 2004, 9:37pm by cschick » IP Logged
Donna_D.
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

OUCH needs volunteers

smileyone1968@yahoo.com  
WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 4th, 2004, 4:40pm »

on Dec 3rd, 2004, 8:09pm, Redd715 wrote:
My eye doesn't droop per say...it's more like the whole side of my face sort of melts a bit.  

I get the same thing, Sis...

In fact my boss actuall TOLD me she knows I am not "faking" my headaches because she can see my face drooping....like she needs proof other than me banging my head on the doorjamb to my office

DD
IP Logged

The information contained above is for the expressed use of fellow clusterheads and their supporters. Any misuse of this information by any of my "Ex's" is considered to be creepy and a form of harassment and will be duly noted by the ch.com webmaster Tongue
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #9 on: Dec 4th, 2004, 5:34pm »

At first I didn't get the droopy eye, but as the last year has progressed, so has the droop.  Now my right eyelid stays in a slight droop that gets worse during an attack.

As with a lot of others, my wife will look at me and tell me to go use my oxygen before I realize and attack is coming.  I start sniffling and my right eye gets "that look."

Gator
IP Logged
kimh
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

What don't kill ya makes ya stronger

Email

« Reply #10 on: Dec 4th, 2004, 9:52pm »

droops, tears and generally looks pretty skwewy.  Oh well.  Whatyagonna do? Huh  I sound like Master and Commander when I scream VESSEL SHRINKAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!IM-EEEEEEEDIATELY.
IP Logged
toolong
New Board Veteran
USA 

Looking for an answer

WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: Dec 5th, 2004, 11:20am »

First tearing then stuffy nose,and then the droopy eye.Doc. first thought it was Bell Palsy,but it had to be CH.Just my luck...anyway the amount of the droop and tearing is usually a good indicator of whats to come. ShockedDavid
IP Logged

Hey,watch this!I saw it on a cartoon and I think it might work!
yikes-another-one
New Board Old Timer
USA 

dancenshout2002   joyflheart2004
Email

« Reply #12 on: Dec 5th, 2004, 6:30pm »

On the medicine link, floridian has link to articles that talk about two case studies.

One where someone used to get hit hard with thepain and the droopy eye....and then years later only the eye thing, at the regular patterns when the headache should come his eye would do it's thing.... and the nose would be stuffy.

Anothe case study where someone reported the
nose and the eye trouble....for years and never found a cause...and then for no reason suddenly started getting the headache pain with the attacks....

They are tryign to say these thing can happen independently.... and it can change.
Science is soooo wonderful.  thath they sit there with pen in hand and observe.

No one can push them into the shark tank....
and make them understand it.
but they can sit on the sidelines
and write about it.....

what a miracle.

IP Logged

Psalm 23 - Goodness and mercy shall follow US all the days of our lives and WE will dwell in the house of LOVE forever.
PerryGR
New Board Veteran
Greece 

pekam_gr  
Email

« Reply #13 on: Dec 5th, 2004, 10:22pm »

I get the droopy eyelid as well. I could never concentrate enough to check for the smaller pupil but my doc told me i get that too after examining me while being hit.

I suppose that not everyone gets them. Otherwise i assume they would be diagnostic criteria on their own not  merely possible symptoms.

Here are the diagnostic criteria according to the IHS:

PFDAN to all,
Perry.
IP Logged

Haven't posted in a while so let me re-introduce myself... Male, 25y.o., CCH sufferer for a little bit more than 5 years. Verapamil and Lithium seem to work well at the moment.
marieinthesprings
New Board Newbie
USA 

2 the world U R 1 person,2 1person U R the world

« Reply #14 on: Dec 6th, 2004, 2:47am »

thanks for all the replies, the reason I asked was coz, I changed neuros, again, and he said that if i dont have the doopy eye and the smaller pupil then its not CH, I am floored really that this guy is putting me through all this, i swear if he suggests sinus meds I will kick him in the ^(&*&*().....thanks all....had a bad one yesterday, came completely by surprise too, this cycle the timing has been almost predictable but yesterday I got it about four hours ealier than what has been normal...wish this dam cycle would end....take care everyone....Marie
IP Logged
amct15
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #15 on: Dec 6th, 2004, 1:10pm »

My level of "droopiness" increases with the level of pain.  Not so much pain... not so much droop.  Lot of pain, lot of droop.  Max pain, eye virtually sealed shut.
IP Logged
ToddTodd
New Board Newbie
USA 

Hmmmm

« Reply #16 on: Dec 7th, 2004, 12:24pm »

Ya, I always get it and can't stand it.  Especially if I'm driving when one is about to hit me.  I have to struggle to drive with one eye trying to get home before it becomes full blown and I have to pull over.

I don't think I've ever made it all the way home actually   Shocked
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss