Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 3:59pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Sleep cycle changes and CH changes... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Sleep cycle changes and CH changes...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Sleep cycle changes and CH changes...  (Read 561 times)
Tara Ann
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

It's always darkest before the dawn.

tara_ann_77  
WWW Email

Sleep cycle changes and CH changes...
« on: Dec 5th, 2004, 6:34pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

For about a week now I have gone from working PT days.  To 11pm-9am shifts all week without a day off.  Obviously I have been sleeping during the day.  I am chronic.  Until this schedule change I was getting my worst hits late at night and in the wee hours of the morning.  I would also get some low-medium kip ones throughout the day.  Of course some days were worse than others, but mostly a whole lotta bad days/nights.  

Ok the point of this, since I have had this schedule change I have had less hits, and usually milder hits when they do develop beyond shadows.  I am "new" to this chronic thing (was episodic till a lil more than a yr ago) and have had one hell of a year.  I know chronics get cycle within the neverending cycle thing, but this is the first time in over a year I have had it this easy.  Is it the schedule change?  I sleep at the most 5 hrs a day, usually less.  Anyone else have this experience?  Am I just getting a bit of a break?  

I really hope I didn't jinx myself!
IP Logged

http://www.myspace.com/taraann77
unsolved1

Email

Re: Sleep cycle changes and CH changes...
« Reply #1 on: Dec 5th, 2004, 6:45pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

If I started getting hit really bad and frequently ... I do the sleep deprivation thing. Sometimes it reduces the # of attacks I may experience since sleep is also a trigger for me.  I do believe that changing sleep patterns or your daily schedule can affect clusters.

If it's workin' ... work it !!

PF Wishes,
Unsolved
IP Logged
Sean_C

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 5th, 2004, 7:00pm »

on Dec 5th, 2004, 6:45pm, unsolved1 wrote:
If I started getting hit really bad and frequently ... I do the sleep deprivation thing.

I think we all do this, and I definately agree sleep patterns will sometimes shift momentum one way or the other.  

If its working, don't knock it, maybe he's going away Grin

Wishing you pfdan

Sean.......................................
IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #3 on: Dec 5th, 2004, 7:18pm »

You've made a big and sudden change in your sleep/wake pattern. It may be your mind/body internal clock has not reset completely yet. It could be that you are not entering the REM sleep mode where the devil hides.
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
Sean_C

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 5th, 2004, 7:41pm »

on Dec 5th, 2004, 7:18pm, BobG wrote:
You've made a big and sudden change in your sleep/wake pattern. It may be your mind/body internal clock has not reset completely yet. It could be that you are not entering the REM sleep mode where the devil hides.

I was thinking the same thing Bob, I think if your tired enough you go past REM and the beast sleeps too Grin

Sean...............
IP Logged
Tara Ann
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

It's always darkest before the dawn.

tara_ann_77  
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 5th, 2004, 10:03pm »

Well regardless I am definately thankful for the break.  I'll be going back on days soon and if the reason is because of my internal clock and REM sleep, hopefully the change back will further delay the beasts full wraith on me.  Maybe a PF x-mas?!  A girl can dream Wink
IP Logged

http://www.myspace.com/taraann77
marlin
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #6 on: Dec 6th, 2004, 11:41am »

My CHs come in the traditional cluster cycles - the cyclones I call them.  The only thing that I can say about triggring a cycle with even a shred of confidence is that they seem to line up with a lull where I''m catching up on rest AFTER a period of an unusually high level of stress - working a bunch of deadlines with minimal sleep or something along those lines.  Doesn't happen every time I go through one of these but if the 2 years are up anything goes...
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss