Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 6:50am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Back-2-Back Episodes? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Back-2-Back Episodes?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Back-2-Back Episodes?  (Read 595 times)
Revolvr
New Board Newbie
USA 

Back-2-Back Episodes?
« on: Dec 8th, 2004, 1:21pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi fellow Clusterheads!

Any of you episodic CH sufferers ever have back-to-back episodes?

I have had episodes seasonally, sometimes skipping years, for about 15 years. This time I had a typical epissode, lasted about 8 weeks, tapered off and ended as it normally does.

5 days after my last cluster headache, I had another one. Then I had one every 2 days for about a week, then 1 every day for about a week, and a few days with two a day. Seems to fit the pattern of a second episode!

The main difference is that these cluster headaches are milder than the first set, and slower to onset - where I do not feel rushed to get to my Imitrex, and the nasal spray works well most of the time.

I've never had a back-to-back epsode like this. So I don't know if that's what is really happening, or if the beast is just making a last gasp, or if it is trying to go chronic.  

Anyone else ever have something like this?  

TIA

-- Rev
IP Logged
JJA
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

Re: Back-2-Back Episodes?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 8th, 2004, 1:42pm »

One time I had a new episode start 3 weeks after the last one left.  Usually I get 4-6 months off.  Since then it's been back to "normal."

Jesse
IP Logged

Is it illegal because it's dangerous or is it dangerous because it's illegal? Our drug laws are ruining lives.
Bmblb
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 8th, 2004, 3:18pm »

My last one was like that. I usually go from late winter/early spring to the fall. I had a short cycle in late Sept. abot 2 weeks, Then it hit again the end of last month, I'm in the middle of week 3.

"B"
IP Logged
vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 8th, 2004, 3:30pm »

mine are all back to back.  I get a couple of good weeks in between, then it's back on the ride.
IP Logged

never, Never, NEVER quit. -Winston Churchill
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #4 on: Dec 8th, 2004, 4:21pm »

Sadly, I've had back to back "episodes" since January of 2000.  Sad  I hope this is a fluke and a short one... hug
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Mr. Happy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I can do it, it ain't art.

6108764393 6108764393   Randy   Piscatorus
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 8th, 2004, 7:48pm »

I ain't voting on this episode crap. Anytime something starts that even REMOTELY reminds me of a Kickoff, I go straight to ye olde arsenal. Snorts do me fine, Verap does me fine, Shrooms do me fine, all the stuff I find here does me fine......as long as I take as directed.

What's wrong with the rest of you hosers?
RJ
IP Logged

May those who don't want any
Have memories of never getting any.
catlind
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Taz taught me the cluster dance

kadiya68   kadiya68
WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 8th, 2004, 8:05pm »

I used to get episodes 3 months on 3 months off, then I had an episode like yours, and 18 months later I now have the joy of wearing the chronic label.  The similarities are striking...in particular, the not as severe every time part.  That's the main difference for me between episodic and chronic - they aren't all kip 8 and above.

I think everyone should really look at this as a chronic condition period.  It doesn't ever get cured, you simply go into remission.  The difference is some folks are acute and some are severe, but it's still a chronic condition.

Cat
IP Logged

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart

If yer gonna be stupid, ya gotta be tough
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss