Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 12:12pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Do you think it's a cluster headache? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Do you think it's a cluster headache?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Do you think it's a cluster headache?  (Read 595 times)
heatherdala
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Do you think it's a cluster headache?
« on: Dec 9th, 2004, 8:07pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I've been having headaches since I was 9.  I get extreme pain in the center top of my head.  It comes without warning.  It sometimes last hours.  I rarely have a day without a headache recently.  When I was nine I had a headache nearly everyday for a year.  Then when I was 13 I had headaches daily for about 3 months.  Now I'm 25 and back into the tread of daily headaches again.  Went to a neurogist and his dx was migrines.  However, I don't get naseau, no light or noise sensitivity.  Just recently my eyelid started dropping and I read that was a side effect of Imitrix so I stopped taking that a month ago, but my eyelid is still dropping.  I'm desperate for any suggestions!!
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

Re: Do you think it's a cluster headache?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 9th, 2004, 8:14pm »

Hi Heather...what you describe doesn't sound like typical cluster headaches. Take the cluster quiz on the left and see what it says. I'm curious if your dr has run any catscans or mri s. Is imitrex the only migraine med he tried? Feel free to look around the boards, but I think maybe you need to keep pushing your neuro to get a more definitive answer and treatment for you. Pain free wishes to you.
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Sean_C

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 9th, 2004, 8:34pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I agree with Nani, you should follow up with your doc asap.  

Sean....................
IP Logged
thomas

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 9th, 2004, 9:52pm »

take the cluster quiz.  it's over on the left.
IP Logged
cschick

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 9th, 2004, 9:58pm »

sounds like migraines and the ages that you listed would be indicative of hormone related migraines.  I have a friend at work that her daughter is 8 (starting puberty) and has been getting a migraine every other day for months now.  Droopy eye is common when getting migraines this often.  Unfortunately not much you can do about it.  Mine is very droopy.
IP Logged
heatherdala
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #5 on: Dec 10th, 2004, 5:17pm »

Thanks everyone!  I have had an MRI and it came back fine.  My doc has also tried me on preventive meds such as Topamax, Elavil and Tenormin.  The Elavil made me too tired to function.  Topamax gave me a little crazy.  I'm still on the Tenormin.  But everytime I have to change meds my headaches get worse.  I took the quiz and a lot of my questions pointed to Cluster headaches, but it's kind of borderline.   I have a follow up appointment with the doctor, but not until January.  I just hate taking all these different meds.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss