Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 2:22am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Pain Free for first time in years »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Pain Free for first time in years
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Pain Free for first time in years  (Read 1517 times)
Smartin
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

Pain Free for first time in years
« on: Dec 11th, 2004, 10:43am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I discovered this site at the end of my cycle last year.  I took the info to my doc and demanded he research CH and help me to develop a treatment plan or refer me to a Neuro.  He did his research and prescribed 240 verap, an o2 tank, and sent me home with a few free zomig inhalents.  Never used the o2 or the zomig as the cycle was virtually over and I was only shadowing at that time.  Two months later, I went off the verap.

In august I went back on the verap in anticipation of my cycle beginning in Sept.  It's now Dec, the usual peak in my episode and Im PF!!!!!!!

Each day, I wake up thinking this is the day that the beast will come get me, but so far he's still on vacation.  I have avoided coming to visit this site for fear that it might jinx me.  But I am so happy right now.  It's going to be the best christmas i've had in more than 25 years.

So thank you...ALL OF YOU...for sharing, caring, and helping.  To the newbies...read...research...and demand help. Grin
IP Logged

Great is the thing that makes a child dream
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

Re: Pain Free for first time in years
« Reply #1 on: Dec 11th, 2004, 11:35am »

Good for you!!! I hope the sucker loses your address permanently!  Smiley
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
allan_r
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #2 on: Dec 12th, 2004, 8:56am »

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and enjoy the holidays.  

allan r.
IP Logged
marlin
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #3 on: Dec 12th, 2004, 10:34am »

Enjoy!  I gave up trying to predict when the beast might show up.  Always a miserable surprise and usually when it would be the least welcome.  I wish I could control it the way I control my mother-in-law.  I took care of those unwelcome surprise visits by moving away.   She knows the address so I'm not totally in the clear but manageable.  Grin One problem solved, one to go.
IP Logged
MikeE
New Board Newbie

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 15th, 2004, 10:31pm »

GREAT Have a merry Christmas. Just had similar experience. Just been pf for 5 months after 3-7 hits a day for 3 months straight. What I wanted to share is that doc gave me different doses of extended release verapamil and did dot help a bit. Tried 240 reg verapamil and worked great.  stoped cycle in its tracks. Untill 2 nights ago,caught a flu bug and I guess the beast thought he would kick me while I was down. one kip 6 then the next night three kip 7-8's. Back to shooting trex and sucking o2. going to nuro tomorrow if he has any solution I will post here. Sorry to rain on your parade. pfdan mike
IP Logged
Tara Ann
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

It's always darkest before the dawn.

tara_ann_77  
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 8:25am »

Great to hear Smartin, happy PAINFREE holidays!

Sorry to hear that MikeE, hope the beast loses your address before xmas!
IP Logged

http://www.myspace.com/taraann77
becky8

Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 9:23am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Thats just wonderful news, Have the best Christmas ever!!!
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss