Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 18th, 2024, 12:02am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Teeth pain »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Teeth pain
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Teeth pain  (Read 4098 times)
becky8

Email

Teeth pain
« on: Dec 14th, 2004, 2:03pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I have heard alot of you say your teeth or mouth hurt. Well, for a while now I have had my upper teeth on my CH side hurt. A day before Thanksgivng I went back to the dentist ( I had just been for my 6 month cleaning ) anyway they took another xray and still couldn't see anything. So she thought maybe it was my wisdom tooth on that upper side, so I said pull it (which she did) upper wisdom teeth come out easy unless their impacted. Well, its not that tooth and when I have even hot soup it hurts, so again I am going back to the dentist. Has this happened to anyone else and if so how did your teeth feel????
IP Logged
vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

Re: Teeth pain
« Reply #1 on: Dec 14th, 2004, 2:16pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

It's very common for the trigeminal nerve to reach down near the teeth.
Several people here have had teeth pulled or worse in a futile attempt to stop the pain...
Ask Jonny, Elaine, and Redd.
Be careful Wendy.
IP Logged

never, Never, NEVER quit. -Winston Churchill
becky8

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 14th, 2004, 2:25pm »

Thanks Paul,
I won't have my dentist pull any more teeth, I only told her to do that cause it was a wisdom tooth anyway. So how in the world do people tell if the dentist can't? And what do they do for pain?
IP Logged
vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 14th, 2004, 2:26pm »

ya got me there....
I don't know.
I'm one of the lucky ones I guess.
I've only rarely had it hurt in my teeth, but immediately I knew what everybody was talking about.
IP Logged

never, Never, NEVER quit. -Winston Churchill
Bill-G
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #4 on: Dec 14th, 2004, 2:30pm »

It does seem to be common.  All my teeth on the ch side uppers in back of the eyetooth feel like like they badly need to be root canaled or pulled.  I also have pain in the rear of the jaw..at the start I saw an oral surgeon thinking this could be tmj. no such luck.

Hope it passes quicky  

Take care
  Bill
IP Logged

Had heard about CH and wondered if anything could posiiblly be all that bad. Seriously thinking of having idiot tatoo done on my forehead now
becky8

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 14th, 2004, 2:46pm »

So Bill what did he say? What did you do?
IP Logged
Netherlands 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #6 on: Dec 14th, 2004, 2:46pm »

definate teeth and jaw pain on the ch side.
Had a tooth pulled on my demand and it only left a hole in my mouth.
IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #7 on: Dec 14th, 2004, 2:53pm »

Trigeminal nerve.........
Look at this picture from the OUCH website. See the orange colored nerve at the temple? That's the nerve that hurts. Follow it. It splits into 3 branches. One of them goes to the area in the jaw and above and below the teeth.  
Please don't have any more teeth pulled.

IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
becky8

Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 14th, 2004, 3:18pm »

So you're all saying is just get the tooth pain crap is all??
IP Logged
rextangle

Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 14th, 2004, 3:21pm »

Yep, my teeth really hurt on the right (CH) side...
Upper and lower jaw as well as my cheek bone, temple, neck, etc... I know I have bad teeth, but can't afford to have them checked. Undecided
IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #10 on: Dec 14th, 2004, 3:25pm »

on Dec 14th, 2004, 3:18pm, becky8 wrote:
So you're all saying is just get the tooth pain crap is all??

Nope. We're saying the pain is in the trigeminal nerve and not in the tooth. Numbing the gum around the tooth may give some relief but it's not a certain, for sure thing. Pulling the tooth only removes the tooth. The trigeminal nerve will still be there.
IP Logged

Bill-G
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #11 on: Dec 14th, 2004, 3:39pm »

in reply to
  So Bill what did he say? What did you do?  

He rulled out TMJ and said it could be Migrain but seemed more severe. Stopping just short of maybe its a brain t...I was freaked.   He then told me to get in touch with a neurologist asap which I did. Good advice!  
 He also gave me a script for Percocet.  Took one, nothing, desparate..chewed 4 advil, nothing, took a second percocet(ground to a powder..got my hand slapped for that)..still nothing.  Got 28 of 30 sitting in a drawer now.

started looing for info on the net and found this site..great move  Grin  

Hope springs eternal

take care,
 Bill
IP Logged

Had heard about CH and wondered if anything could posiiblly be all that bad. Seriously thinking of having idiot tatoo done on my forehead now
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #12 on: Dec 14th, 2004, 6:31pm »

I had root canals in almost every tooth I had. I also had really bad TMJ. The TMJ was a trigger for CH. I had a few teeth that probably needed the work, but, in hindsight, some of it was probably CH.
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
kissmyglass
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Don't Mix Triptans

Email

« Reply #13 on: Dec 14th, 2004, 10:26pm »

Had 8 teeth pulled...brutal gum surgery before i ever heard of CH....fuckin beast Angry

Kev
IP Logged

"It does so fucking look like her" - Picasso
[img][/img]
ccbiggsoo7
New Board Veteran

« Reply #14 on: Dec 15th, 2004, 3:37am »

never had a ch in my life until I had all four wisdom teeth pulled. Then about three months later<HOLY SHIT> doc says they are not related but can't help but wonder. Chris
IP Logged

chris
clarence
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Wake up

nailinmyeye
WWW Email

« Reply #15 on: Dec 15th, 2004, 1:43pm »

I have bad tooth and jaw pain during CH.  I am convinced that I had a root canal because of CH pain, as, at times, the damn thing still hurts, and if there is no nerve in there, why should it hurt?  CH hurts so many things!

Casey
IP Logged

NY Yankees Suck!!!

"Bart, don't make fun of Grad students. They just made a terrible life decision," Marge Simpson

Where I live: http://rainfallsoneveryone.com
Bill-G
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #16 on: Dec 15th, 2004, 2:17pm »

re:Re: Teeth pain
« Reply #14 on: Today at 3:37am »  

------------------------------------------------------------------------ Chris writes--------
never had a ch in my life until I had all four wisdom teeth pulled. Then about three months later<HOLY SHIT> doc says they are not related but can't help but wonder. Chris  

Interesting!!   I had a badly impacted wisdom tooth out on the side opposite the ch side 3 weeks before meeting the demon the first time. My wife is convinced that it was related but I felt that since it was on the other side it couldn't be related. Had no lip numbness which is common after going close to the nerve and counted myself as lucky to still have feeling in the lip at all.  Going to close to the nerve can damage it and cause complete loss of feeling in the half of the lip on the damaged side.  
You've got me wondering now.  Gonna start looking for any info I can find on a relation.  I'll definetly relay anything I can find and would  like to know if you come up with something.  
Sigh!   puts on humble hat before showing this to my wife..durned smart for a gurl!   hehe

Take care
 Bill
IP Logged

BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #17 on: Dec 15th, 2004, 3:19pm »

LMAO Bill.

Before you show it to your wife I think you should delete the last sentence. If you don't she may use it against you for the rest of your life.  Grin
IP Logged

becky8

Email

« Reply #18 on: Dec 15th, 2004, 6:54pm »

Thanks everyone, Saw 2 different dentist they couldn't find anything wrong with the tooth but it still hurts with anything hot or cold hits it??????Must be just the CH but I haven't had any hits at all? Will it always be like that now. Its funny cause it really feels like ONE tooth too?? So werid????? Again thanks for all your help and anymore info would be great!!! Kiss
IP Logged
Bill-G
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #19 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 11:03am »

on Dec 15th, 2004, 6:54pm, becky8 wrote:
Thanks everyone, Saw 2 different dentist they couldn't find anything wrong with the tooth but it still hurts with anything hot or cold hits it??????Must be just the CH but I haven't had any hits at all? Will it always be like that now. Its funny cause it really feels like ONE tooth too?? So werid????? Again thanks for all your help and anymore info would be great!!! Kiss

Just a thought.  I have slightly more discomfort in my ch side with cold but NOT just one tooth.  Sometimes Xrays don't show real dental problems.  I had one bothering me on and off for a year. good Xray, sensitivity came and went.  After a particularly uncomfortable night I went back again...still nothing that could be seen.  Two days later it split..OUCH!  never had the problem again after that.  

Again, just a thought...if you can identify one tooth as a problem it sure sounds like a tooth, not a ch problem
Your call .  Personally I'd consider getting it be root canaled. Worst case is at least you'll know what it is .
 twocents

Take care
 Bill
IP Logged

becky8

Email

« Reply #20 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 11:16am »

Thanks Bill,
Greatly appreicated!!
IP Logged
ExplodingEyeBall
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I can't think of anything clever to put here.

« Reply #21 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 11:56am »

I've been checked for everything from TMJ, to Wisdom Teeth, a possible aneurysm, to Sinus infections.

All of them hurt all of my teeth, my head, my eye, my ear, etc...

I was amazed when I found this place and at least found the answer to all of that pain.

Don't do anything silly with them teeth.
IP Logged

Just poke out my eye and get it over with!!!
hdbngr
New Board Old Timer

Email

« Reply #22 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 2:40pm »

I response to the wisdom teeth/surgery idea....

There have been about ten folks that have said their CH could be traced back to a surgical procedure. One guy thought it might not be the procedure itself, but the type of anesthesia used to put you under.

Ever taken a really good look at the waiver you have to sign before surgery?
IP Logged

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
marlin
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #23 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 6:31pm »

I had the 2 pulled on my CH side too.  All for nothing.  Still got the CHs.  The dentist got an extra day or 2 in Maui paid for by ole' marlin.

Pretty sad but I trust dentists about as much as lawyers, veterinarians and financial advisors.  In general, you are standing in between them and your $$$$$$$$$.  And they want your $$$$$$$.
IP Logged
Biker
New Board Old Timer
USA 

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #24 on: Dec 17th, 2004, 12:31am »

I thought it was a toothache for awhile.  Now, Im missing a tooth, but still have the beast.   Interesting note about surgery----after my accident, I had surgery.  Who knows what really causes this pain?   Its hard to deal with when it lives in your head.
IP Logged

Ride it like ya stole it.
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss