Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 23rd, 2024, 6:22pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Anyone else have trouble speaking? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Anyone else have trouble speaking?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Anyone else have trouble speaking?  (Read 2453 times)
Renee
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

May we all find some pf time!  Is it summer yet?

Email

Re: Anyone else have trouble speaking?
« Reply #25 on: Dec 29th, 2003, 2:25pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I can't put together a sentence either and if I try sometimes i mess up the order of the words.  I also get very confused at times during a CH, such as losing my sense of direction, getting lost, etc. if i'm not at home.
IP Logged

23 years of battling the beast, 9 years chronic......uneducated docs/nurses make me irate.
The fungus among us is for real!

pubgirl

Email

« Reply #26 on: Dec 29th, 2003, 2:46pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Lizzie

I agree that knowledge is crucial in our search for help for our condition, and the abstract may be a significant or interesting one but ........

A sufferer posted a question about speaking in single words, not sentences, which seems relatively common during full blown CH attacks. You posted a link in reply to her about hemiparesis. If someone is new to CH, is frightened by it and what it is doing to them, to immediately link a difficulty forming sentences with partial paralysis without even knowing if numbness or paralysis is manifesting is IMHO unwise.

We now have unprecedented access to detailed and often complex medical studies, and this is great, but it has to be used carefully as "a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing"

Wendy

« Last Edit: Dec 29th, 2003, 3:23pm by pubgirl » IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #27 on: Dec 29th, 2003, 5:52pm »

I really don't know how well I could talk during an attack. Even though talking is my hobby, when I was testing the strength of kitchen plaster, it was confined to screaming things about turning off all the lights, music, and threats about not staying as far away as possible and to never ask what they can do for me.  

I don't think it was a problem.

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Donna
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #28 on: Dec 29th, 2003, 11:17pm »

I'm hearing two different things here....one is that some hurt too much to say more than necessary, and some actually can not form and utter the words.

I never had a problem forming and saying words during an attack, but my sister, with migraines, has had a problem forming and uttering words.  This is not unusual with migraines.
IP Logged
cakelady
New Board Junior
USA 

damn I don't want to be here

« Reply #29 on: Jan 1st, 2004, 4:41pm »

Thanks for all the responses. It is not a paralysis thing with me. More along the lines of too much going on in my head at the time to form sentences. Being new to this board, and never having had the chance to speak to any other clusterheads, I was just curious.

Since I live in Nashville, I am looking forward to this years convention. It will be wonderful to know I am not alone.
Christine
IP Logged

Pain is inevitable, misery is not.
pubgirl

Email

« Reply #30 on: Jan 1st, 2004, 5:30pm »

Hi again Christine

It IS a wonderful feeling knowing you aren't the only person in the world, especially when attacks happen in the small hours when the rest of the world is asleep.

If it's any consolation, I went back into cycle very inconveniently on New Year's Eve when I had a houseful of guests. I hid in our cellar puffing on my oxygen, and the only word I could manage then was "Bollocks"

Hope you enjoy the convention, I'd love to come but it's a bit far!
Wendy
IP Logged
cakelady
New Board Junior
USA 

damn I don't want to be here

« Reply #31 on: Jan 1st, 2004, 5:36pm »

doesn't it just suck that we feel we have to hide?  
Christine
IP Logged

Pain is inevitable, misery is not.
12gagueblast
New Board Junior
USA 

BLAM BLAM!!!!!!!

« Reply #32 on: Jan 1st, 2004, 8:56pm »

Don't hide Ive worn 02 infront of others may times.  its either that and abort it or im done having fun with them.  hauled the 02 in a cart a Walmart this last session.  couldnt care less what others think.
IP Logged
pubgirl

Email

« Reply #33 on: Jan 1st, 2004, 9:16pm »

I'm afraid I have to as I feel like Dennis Hopper in Blue Velvet when I'm using it. Silly I know, but I HAVE to do it privately.

Wendy
IP Logged
t_h_b
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

primary chronic since 1999

« Reply #34 on: Jan 2nd, 2004, 12:02am »

No physical problem speaking, but difficulty in forming sentences and thinking of words.  Verbally expressing thoughts during a CH can be very frustrating but I really don't want to talk to anyone anyway.

Well-meaning people sometimes try to help me and I have to really restrain myself from being nasty.  What I want to say is "Leave me the f**k alone" and what I actually say is  "uh-uh, uh-uh".  If I'm at work or somewhere where there are people around I have to go outside for fresh air and privacy.

Occasionally I also get very sleepy afterwards so that it is difficult to stay awake and sometimes I pass out for a couple of hours.  Anyone else with this problem?
IP Logged

No, it's not a headache--it's a Stage Ten Primary Chronic Periodic Idiopathic Trigeminovascular Cephalalgic Crisis.
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss