Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 8:26pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « CH's & Dreams »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   CH's & Dreams
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: CH's & Dreams  (Read 526 times)
BlueMeanie

Email

CH's & Dreams
« on: Dec 31st, 2003, 6:50pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I recall that most anytime someone comes up with the subject of dreams; I always reply that I either don't have them, or don't remember having them.

I noticed since I've been in this cycle from hell, I've been dreaming every time I sleep and remember what the story was about. (crazy stuff too).

Is it the meds or my brain releasing an overload of info ?

Just curious if there is a connection between dreams and CH's. I did not check archives. Just figured it to be an interesting topic.
IP Logged
floridian

Email

Re: CH's & Dreams
« Reply #1 on: Dec 31st, 2003, 8:50pm »

Most sleep psychologists believe that people dream every night, but usually don't remember them unless they wake up while they are dreaming.  For most clusterheads, the headaches that wake us from sleep start while we are in the REM phase, which is when dreaming occurs.
IP Logged
BlueMeanie

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 31st, 2003, 9:14pm »

Yes I know that the majority of the CH occur during the REM sleep. I guess what i'm asking is if any CH patient has ever been to one of those sleep studies or if any info has ever been printed on the subject correlating CH to sleep disorders.
IP Logged
TxBasslady
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Bass fishin' is a h00t  It's the catchin' that sux

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 31st, 2003, 9:50pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Seems as though there was something posted, recently, in reference to sleep apnea.

Not sure if there was a correlation or not.

PF vibes,

Jean
IP Logged

How lucky I am... to have known someone who was so hard to say goodbye too.

Take a kid fishin
www.takemefishin.org

I adopted a Vietnam POW/MIA from El Paso, Texas!
Renee
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

May we all find some pf time!  Is it summer yet?

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 31st, 2003, 10:24pm »

While I was on Verap I was having some really stupid (crazy) dreams every night, some really funky dreams that were all messed up with my present day life being led while still living at my childhood home, etc. etc..and many others.

been sleepin' better since off the verap and I haven't got confused or disoriented anymore either.  well, no more than was normal before the verap.   Grin

renee
IP Logged

23 years of battling the beast, 9 years chronic......uneducated docs/nurses make me irate.
The fungus among us is for real!

Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 31st, 2003, 10:26pm »

I'm sure you're like us all. The last I heard is that we remember only the last one and that its shorter than we believe.  I too recall them if wakened. I haven't heard that CH has an effect. I doubt it would affect the frequency but I wonder if it affects content?

Ask Georgia the birthday kid........ This is the kind of thing she lives for  Cheesy

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
12gagueblast
New Board Junior
USA 

BLAM BLAM!!!!!!!

« Reply #6 on: Jan 1st, 2004, 12:59am »

I was speaking to someone a few years back and they said "sometimes I dream in color", i thouth that was weird because i always dream in color.  one of those things where you assume everyone feels or thinks or sees like you do and are shocked to learn otherwise.   Happy New year.
IP Logged
fubar
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #7 on: Jan 1st, 2004, 4:44am »

I actually look forward to those hyper-dream awareness stages.  The medications certainly have something to do with it, but regardless of how it happens, I enjoy it.

Sometimes I have weeks at a time where I can control elements of a dream.  The cool part is I don't have to 'dream up' the when/where/situation stufff, but when I find myself in it I can control it totally.  I mean, I know it's a dream, I know I'm in control, and things generally go exactly as I will them, but with interesting twists. Not only that, if I wake up, I can at least try to plan the next dream as long as it doesn't deviate that far from the one that I woke up from.

Yeah, yeah... I know  Mr. Happy is gonna yell 'shroomer' again, but this was long before that experiment.

Anyway, my point is that YES, the cycles (and meds that go with them) can affect your dream states, and your awareness of your dream states.

Try to use it to your advantage... dreams are the last unexplored frontier.  You'd think we'd know a lot more about them by now.

-Fu
IP Logged

"He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #8 on: Jan 1st, 2004, 3:49pm »

on Jan 1st, 2004, 4:44am, fubar wrote:

Sometimes I have weeks at a time where I can control elements of a dream.  The cool part is I don't have to 'dream up' the when/where/situation stufff, but when I find myself in it I can control it totally.  I mean, I know it's a dream, I know I'm in control, and things generally go exactly as I will them, but with interesting twists. Not only that, if I wake up, I can at least try to plan the next dream as long as it doesn't deviate that far from the one that I woke up from.
And, like 12guageblast, I usually dream in color.

I'm the same way as fubar in controlling the content of some dreams. A while back a bunch of friends were talking about dreams and nightmares. I said "If you don't like where the dream is going why don't you just change it?" I always thought everyone could do that. I had to explain what I meant. They all looked at me as if I was nuts.  
I do remember dreaming, more than once,  that I was having a nasty headache and waking suddenly with about a kip 4. That's one dream I've never been able to change.
« Last Edit: Jan 1st, 2004, 3:50pm by BobG » IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
Cerberus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Whomever said that two heads are better than one?

Email

« Reply #9 on: Jan 1st, 2004, 4:33pm »

well, I can't say personally whether my dreams have increased or decreased with the discovery of CH, but, I can say that certain meds CAN be a source for particularly "vivid" or strange dreams. My anti-depressant is one. Many others I have taken specifically have "vivid dreams" as part of the side-effect list.

Had a truly bizzare one last night...

Ramon
IP Logged

I would rather face the end with terror than terror without end. - (Deitrich Sawatsky 194?)
forgetfulnot

Email

« Reply #10 on: Jan 1st, 2004, 4:56pm »

Quote:
I do remember dreaming, more than once,  that I was having a nasty headache and waking suddenly with about a kip 4. That's one dream I've never been able to change.

Ditto here BobG, happens to me at least weekly.

Lee
« Last Edit: Jan 1st, 2004, 4:56pm by forgetful » IP Logged
12gagueblast
New Board Junior
USA 

BLAM BLAM!!!!!!!

« Reply #11 on: Jan 1st, 2004, 9:57pm »

fubar what you are doing is called lucid dreaming people try for years to do that.  there are many books on it one is by Stephen Laberge PHD and Howard Rheingold.  if you think it is fun that book could help refine the experience.  I quit doing it years ago tho.
IP Logged
toader
New Board Veteran
USA 

there were fireworks on mars

« Reply #12 on: Jan 2nd, 2004, 7:43pm »

This is my first experience with CH and I was absolutely terrified to sleep for days.  Every time I fall into REM sleep, I get the axe to the head and the hot oil down the face.  

After a while there is a pyschological trauma that sets in.  It's not just dread of the headache itself.  It's almost like actually being murdered over and over again.  Only its not the mindless TV geewhiz murder -- my mind thinks its real.  

I'm still fighting this.  The doc put me on short acting Verapamil and I think this is helping.  We also bought a new bed and one of those things that plays ocean sounds so I can pretend I'm at the beach and forget that there are monsters.

The past few nights have yielded a few precious hours of sleep and those have produced very vivid dreams about strange places involving neither beaches nor monsters.
IP Logged
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

withered branches grow green again.

« Reply #13 on: Jan 2nd, 2004, 8:11pm »

I seem to not quite be able to reach the dream stage of sleep while C's are in vogue.  I'm up too often during the night.  But the one night or two during a bad period when I do sleep, yes the dreams are like they have been waiting with a lot of creativity to be released and are enjoyable, intricate and seeming more than life.
IP Logged
fubar
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #14 on: Jan 2nd, 2004, 10:56pm »

Interesting.  I didn't know they had a name for it.  It it a useful thing to know how to do though.  I'm know for a fact it has helped me a lot in the past.

For example, I used to write machine code for Z80 processors.  When an 'impossible' task was requested, I would usually obsess on solving it, literally working on the problem 24 hours a day until it was solved.  If I had to sleep, I would think about the programming problem as I went to sleep.  Then, in my dreams, I could make modification after modification.  In the dream, I would run the program and, of course, it would not work.  So, I'd try another modification.  And so on.  Anyway, 99% of the time, I could eventually solve the problem in my dream, then instantly wake up and type it into the computer.

No matter how many times this happened, it never ceased to amaze me.
IP Logged

"He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss