Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 18th, 2024, 10:25pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Pain. »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Pain.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Pain.  (Read 824 times)
fubar
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Pain.
« on: Jan 1st, 2004, 4:27am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

So 2004 started off with a fun little event.  I was sitting on my bed, with my 13 yr old son and 11 yr old girl, enjoying the fireworks we could see from my windows...

Now, I've been relatively pain free since the clusterbombs stopped ruling my world a few weeks ago… sure, I dislocated my shoulder, but that was a walk in the park compared to my usual daily life, so no big deal.  Well, tonight I am experiencing the levels of pain that are hard to describe.

We were sitting there munching popcorn when one of my left upper molar teeth decided to vacate the vicinity.  It broke in such a way as to expose most of the nerve.  My daughter, who insisted on looking at it, says she going to have nightmares now.

It feels like electricity is running through my left half of my jaw and up to my eye socket.  I must have really messed up a nerve here because this is one hell of a pain.  When I work up the courage to face the dentist (I friggin hate the dentist…  the only things I fear in life are needles and dentists, and especially dentists with needles), I hope the repair isn't more painful than this...

I find it interesting that these painful events waited until CH took a vacation.  I also find it amusing that something like this, which would have made me squeal like a stuck pig before I knew the full extent of the Kip scale, is merely an annoyance now.  Well, maybe more than an annoyance, but certainly not a real show stopper.

Cool way to start the year I guess.

Oh yeah... HAPPY NEW YEAR!   Grin
« Last Edit: Jan 1st, 2004, 4:28am by fubar » IP Logged

"He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
sepideh
New Board Newbie
Iran 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Pain.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 1st, 2004, 5:01am »

hi everyone,
i suffer from cluster ,but in a way it is not so much suffering , it has 2 faces , i think pain is bad because its a physical suffering but for my long term life ,it makes me strong .and besides it has made me more patient i think pain will be removed sooner or later ,but the effect of it will be remained, and we should take another postion toward of our pains,lets start this new year with good feelings , and i always remind myself this world is full of poverty and pain, comparing to what is going on in earth quakes and floods and ... our pain is too little,
i hope you all the bests.
IP Logged
Woobie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I luv you guys!!!!!!!!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 1st, 2004, 5:15am »

Hi: sepideh............ nice to meet you.  Nice thoughts to think on!    

Shawn - Ramon's done that same thing - ...OUCH!

Happy New Year to you all - too!

t
IP Logged
stevegeebe
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 1st, 2004, 6:15am »

Still..  that hurts from here.  

FUn times ahead.

Steve G
IP Logged
cathy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
United_Kingdom 

Not all those that wander are lost......

cathy_lucas47   cybersis1965
Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 1st, 2004, 7:29am »

Fubar...happy to hear that the beast is still leaving you alone...sorry to hear about the tooth though, but don't worry because going to the dentist is nothing to worry about honest.... Grin

Cathy  Grin
« Last Edit: Jan 1st, 2004, 7:30am by cathy » IP Logged

My own tears would mean nothing to me, if I could stop you from just shedding one....

suzy617
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Love is friendship set on fire

suzy617
Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 1st, 2004, 10:16am »

LMAO Cathy, your bad!   Grin

Get your butt to the dentist Fu...

Suzy
IP Logged

When God measures men, He puts the tape around the heart, not the head.
hunterdon04
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #6 on: Jan 1st, 2004, 10:22am »

if there is a silver lining to the coming of the beast, i guess it would be the great-strenght needed to overcome!!!..but i gotta be honest, when im in a full-blown CH i'd sell my soul to the devil...well you all know the rest..

peace
IP Logged

i wont surrender, well not this minute anyway
Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

« Reply #7 on: Jan 1st, 2004, 12:25pm »

on Jan 1st, 2004, 4:27am, fubar wrote:
t feels like electricity is running through my left half of my jaw and up to my eye socket.  I must have really messed up a nerve here because this is one hell of a pain.  When I work up the courage to face the dentist (I friggin hate the dentist?  the only things I fear in life are needles and dentists, and especially dentists with needles), I hope the repair isn't more painful than this..

Worst case, the dentist has to do a root canal.  I've had two, and they were cake.  I notice that you said it was a top one...the shot in the roof of your mouth will get your attention, but the pain lasts 5 seconds at best.  All in all, no dentist experience has ever competed against the pain level of CH for me.

Good luck gettin it fixed Shawn!

Chris
IP Logged

Where does the white go in a snowman when the snow melts?
Cerberus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Whomever said that two heads are better than one?

Email

« Reply #8 on: Jan 1st, 2004, 4:04pm »

10000 yrs of recorded medical dentistry and the best they've come up with is a dremmel tool and a pair of really wierd pliers Huh....................Somehow I still don't feel better about goin to the dentist.  
  Fu, I been there man and share your tourture, that very same thing happened to me just a few weeks ago.

Fuck it, I'm gettin' dentures, THEY don't hurt when they break. Wink

Ramon
IP Logged

I would rather face the end with terror than terror without end. - (Deitrich Sawatsky 194?)
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #9 on: Jan 1st, 2004, 4:13pm »

Welcome aboard Sepideh:

Sorry you had reason to find us but if you stick around,
you'll find some good ideas and ways to deal with this horror.  

A happy 2004 to you and yours.

LOL Cathy. That's right; he is a dentist isn't he? Good one.  

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #10 on: Jan 1st, 2004, 5:43pm »

Hey Fu did you get the tooth fixed ? I've done that before.....ka-rist that hurts !! Actually you can buy temporary fillings now at Walmart and stores that will bide you sum time less escruciateing untill you can get to the dentist of get up the 'nerve' so to speak. Best thing ta do is dab sum of the tootache med stores sell on a teeny tiny piece of cotton first (forgot the name of the stuff that comes in a little bottle and is basically clove oil deal.....very strong and not the baby toothache stuff for gums) gently get that cotton up in the hole or area then apply the temp filling. I've had to do that before and get thru an entire weekend or week or two.......I'd replace the filling if it fell out or wore down. It will set up so that you can tolerate it and get the air off that nerve to carry on at a tolerable level but can take a day or longer for that nerve to settle after the jolt of the break. Not ment to be permanent esp in this type of case tho. Good luck. Pam that has broke off more teeth then I have in my mouth  Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

Roxy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #11 on: Jan 1st, 2004, 5:54pm »

oh man, fu.....that hurt to just read about it.  I'm kinda like you when it comes to dentists, they pretty much have to tie me down and carry me in.  

Here's hoping the repair work is totally PF..... me&mb

Hope your New Year is a great one, and that it remains PF (at least headwise....lol).

IP Logged

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. (Einstein)

I used to have a handle on life....but it broke.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss