Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 7:26am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Do you know where your OUCH is tonight? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Do you know where your OUCH is tonight?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Do you know where your OUCH is tonight?  (Read 780 times)
Donna
New Board Newbie
USA 

Do you know where your OUCH is tonight?
« on: Jan 2nd, 2004, 11:53pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I am the type of person who does not understand the complacent person.  I "need" to get all of the facts in order to come to an educated conclusion.  I "need" to ask questions.  Not in a mean way....just looking for answers.

It's easy to just look the other way, but I can't.  I need to have answers.  No debates..no arguements...no ill feelings......just facts that can help me feel satisfied that I didn't just stand idle and let a few make my decisions for me.  

Sometimes these decisions are not what I would like to see happen......so therefore, you are going to hear about MY feelings and know my ideas and I will hear yours.

All members of OUCH should visit the Business Board regularly and help tough decisions be made.  All voices need to be heard.

Don't wait for surprises....you might not like them.  Get involved or at least be aware of what's going on.
IP Logged
TxBasslady
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Bass fishin' is a h00t  It's the catchin' that sux

Email

Re: Do you know where your OUCH is tonight?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 3rd, 2004, 3:13am »

No offense, Donna........but I don't feel like I am complacent.

I DO visit the OUCH Business Board....everyday!

Just because I haven't posted alot there, doesn't mean I don't care.  On some of the threads that I was interested in reading.......I found a bit of bitterness and some personal attacks on other members.

Sorry, but I, for one, really don't care for the constant bickering and discontent that I have read on some of those threads.

Again, no offense to you..........I choose to do my support with my checkbook, and by supporting here on the General Board.

There are some good people that hold office with OUCH.
In no way do I mean to be disrespectful.......please don't take my comments as such.

I am sure I will be bashed for my comments........but it won't make much difference to me.  I came here for help and support.....if I wanted to listen to bickering and fighting, then I could go down to the local bar.

Respectfully,

Jean
IP Logged

How lucky I am... to have known someone who was so hard to say goodbye too.

Take a kid fishin
www.takemefishin.org

I adopted a Vietnam POW/MIA from El Paso, Texas!
don

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 3rd, 2004, 10:24am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Quote:
really don't care for the constant bickering and discontent that I have read on some of those threads.  

On the other hand, at least now there are people involved to bicker.
IP Logged
Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 3rd, 2004, 10:31am »

on Jan 3rd, 2004, 3:13am, TxBasslady wrote:
Just because I haven't posted alot there, doesn't mean I don't care.  On some of the threads that I was interested in reading.......I found a bit of bitterness and some personal attacks on other members.

You shouldn't be bashed for these comments...you are right on Jean!

Chris
IP Logged

Where does the white go in a snowman when the snow melts?
Elaine

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 3rd, 2004, 11:27am »

Jean you are so right ! I have no faut with the way you feel and I can not blame you at all. You have been a great supporter of OUCH. I would like to also see a more civil constructive threads and work there. If I am to blame for any of it I apologize. I will do my very best for it not to happen on my part. I do Thank you for your support and your opinion. Its a damn good opinion!
IP Logged
thomas

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 3rd, 2004, 1:15pm »

I DO visit the OUCH Business Board....everyday!

Me too, however it seems like if I have an opinion on an issue, some else has already said the same thing.... Undecided I'm a HUGE advocate for ouch and ch.com, I get to meet a lot of doctors and people in the medical world through both my private and professional life, I put the word out every chance I get.....That is were my talents lie....I will not be comfortable in making impacting dicussions on the ouch board untill I feel like I deserve to....after I have made a sizeable contribution ($) to ouch and have been a member for a long enough time (that time is for me to decide) then I will become very involved...You'll want me to shut the hell up after awile, I'm sure...But right now I go there daily, check in, see what's going on and see what people who have a vested interest have to say, and most of the time I agree with someone already.  I really want ouch to thrive and grow, I'm just not ready to unleash my opinions just yet.....Sorry, I guess I'm a little too complacent. Sad
« Last Edit: Jan 3rd, 2004, 1:21pm by thomas » IP Logged
Donna
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #6 on: Jan 3rd, 2004, 2:05pm »

Thanks for the answers.  

It's dialog like this that helps us understand one another better.  

IP Logged
don

Email

« Reply #7 on: Jan 3rd, 2004, 2:11pm »

Quote:
after I have made a sizeable contribution ($)

That shouldn't be a condition you place on yourself.
IP Logged
kim
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #8 on: Jan 3rd, 2004, 2:33pm »

Yeah.........I am fullt t aware if wgere    is ouch.  

Point???????????? Embarassed

IP Logged
kim
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #9 on: Jan 3rd, 2004, 2:37pm »

some things are just a huge let down.  We all climed the hill and it was just amole afta sqaull.

I lay my pankakes where they git gobbled = fullup and a grin***ya =- all  else can git back to the faorest
IP Logged
jonny

Email

« Reply #10 on: Jan 3rd, 2004, 2:40pm »

I am sure I will be bashed for my comments. .

Not on my watch, Sweetheart!!!  mad

......................jonny
IP Logged
don

Email

« Reply #11 on: Jan 3rd, 2004, 2:40pm »

I guess that about sums it up then.

(Jonny cut in line)
« Last Edit: Jan 3rd, 2004, 2:41pm by don » IP Logged
thomas

Email

« Reply #12 on: Jan 3rd, 2004, 4:12pm »

on Jan 3rd, 2004, 2:11pm, don wrote:

That shouldn't be a condition you place on yourself.

If I'm gonna speak my mind, I had better be able to put my money where my mouth is, sir.  Just buying a new home and Christmas, I'm tapped, after the meet and greet I will make a contribution, and after that time I will feel like my opinion matters.......
IP Logged
ckelly181
New Board Old Timer
USA 

To err is human; To forgive, canine.

Email

« Reply #13 on: Jan 3rd, 2004, 5:35pm »

Feeling a bit reticent after the last brouhaha on this board, I wrote an article for the newsletter, and am making babysteps toward becoming more involved in OUCH.  

However, it is difficult to keep one's chin up and support an organization that is unable to manage conflict amongst its leadership. Certainly any and every organization will have its share of conflict, but some of the leaders incite bickering contests and make no secret of their dislike for each other. Wanna get involved in that?

Who doesn't make a mistake? Instead of going out in flames and taking everyone down with you, try an apology and then move on. That fiasco on the business board is tantamount to watching a Dallas rerun.

The information on this site is PRICELESS and has helped me to better manage my c/h. I'm made of pretty stern stuff, but there's enough stress in life without having to worry about the behavior of a SUPPORT GROUP.

Oh, Donna, I'd still like to be involved with the newsletter. You run a nice ship, thankfully.

Thanks to you who do support - you are priceless - Eb, Vig, Ann, Thomas, etc. etc.  

Chris
IP Logged

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
Roxy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #14 on: Jan 3rd, 2004, 6:21pm »

on Jan 3rd, 2004, 4:12pm, thomas wrote:

Just buying a new home and Christmas, I'm tapped, after the meet and greet I will make a contribution, and after that time I will feel like my opinion matters.......

Thomas....your opinion matters whether you have contributed "financially" or not.  I have seen you, day after day, support and contribute to other sufferers.  That is what matters......heart.....not finances.  

Just my little  twocents worth.

Smiley
IP Logged

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. (Einstein)

I used to have a handle on life....but it broke.
jonny

Email

« Reply #15 on: Jan 3rd, 2004, 6:51pm »

on Jan 3rd, 2004, 6:21pm, Roxy wrote:
Thomas....your opinion matters whether you have contributed "financially" or not.  I have seen you, day after day, support and contribute to other sufferers.  That is what matters......heart.....not finances.  

Support talks.....money whispers.....I learned this

You support like a mother Tom.....you need not do more.

.......................................jonny
IP Logged
Jackie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Go For It!!!

Email

« Reply #16 on: Jan 3rd, 2004, 7:28pm »

Jean, my friend.....I agree with you 100%.  You make valid  and sensible points.  We would do well to listen to you.

Thomas.....you have been one of the kindest and most supportive I've ever seen.  You, sir, are doing good work here and I for one appreciate it.  You give from the heart and there is no amount of money or time that can compete with that.   Now....I expect a hug from you in Davenport.... Grin

Jacks Cool
IP Logged
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

withered branches grow green again.

« Reply #17 on: Jan 3rd, 2004, 7:34pm »

Well, all this talk about OUCH has inspired me to just sign up.  I haven't had much confidence in the past with the organizations attaining its lofty goal, but then again UNDERSTANDING should not be a lofty goal.  It should be attainable.  Hard to reach, maybe.  
I just read the report of the President's council on Bioethics, which regards the brainstorming of about 20 people from ALL walks of life in different professions who came to write a VERY interesting book about the direction of human cloning which is to be used to advise all future laws on the subject in this country and in cooperation with the rest of the world.  Very interesting on how VASTLY different opinions on the subject came to an opinion that can ethically be lived with.  It's called "Human Cloning and Human Dignity".  Very inspiring how people with far flung philosophies on the subject were able to come together on this HIGHLY IMPORTANT document.  I feel CH is highly important to all of us.  It is the format they used to encompass everyone's thoughts on the subject WITH TOLERANCE and UNDERSTANDING which was inspiring.  That lesson was alone, an inspiration on what CAN be accomplished when the gravity of the subject matter means more than "who talks the loudest is the rightest".  A pinnacle of humans working together.
IP Logged
ckelly181
New Board Old Timer
USA 

To err is human; To forgive, canine.

Email

« Reply #18 on: Jan 3rd, 2004, 7:43pm »

on Jan 3rd, 2004, 7:34pm, Kevin_M wrote:
I feel CH is highly important to all of us...That lesson was alone, an inspiration on what CAN be accomplished when the gravity of the subject matter means more than "who talks the loudest is the rightest".  A pinnacle of humans working together.

Nice analogy, Kevin. Very apt.

Chris
IP Logged

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
Donna_D.
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

OUCH needs volunteers

smileyone1968@yahoo.com  
WWW Email

« Reply #19 on: Jan 4th, 2004, 12:54pm »

Posted by: ckelly181 Posted on: Jan 3rd, 2004, 5:35pm  
Quote:
Oh, Donna, I'd still like to be involved with the newsletter. You run a nice ship, thankfully.  

Chris, you did a fanstastic job on your last article.  I am happy you want to stay on staff!!!  I'll be in touch very very soon!  Gather your ideas for your next story!!

Here's to smooth sailing!

Donna D.

« Last Edit: Jan 4th, 2004, 12:56pm by Donna_D. » IP Logged

The information contained above is for the expressed use of fellow clusterheads and their supporters. Any misuse of this information by any of my "Ex's" is considered to be creepy and a form of harassment and will be duly noted by the ch.com webmaster Tongue
rumplestiltskin

Email

i'm guessin cyberspace
« Reply #20 on: Jan 4th, 2004, 2:46pm »

Quote:
Support talks.....money whispers.....I learned this  

You support like a mother Tom.....you need not do more.  

.......................................jonny  

OK what have you done with Jonny? If this is some kind of veiled ransom note...you won't get any "support" from me. I know yer kind...you'll keep wanting more and more support.

I will offer tons of "support" as a reward to anyone that turns you in.

Let him post a "fuck you" or "egocentric picture" so that we know he's OK. For Gog's sake don't hurt him.

Worried
den
IP Logged
Donna
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #21 on: Jan 4th, 2004, 4:36pm »

Now, den, that's funny.  We need a lot more of that.

Thanks
IP Logged
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #22 on: Jan 4th, 2004, 6:58pm »

A kinder, gentle-er Jonny?  OMG....what's next? a haircut and tat removal?    

Linda
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss