Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 20th, 2024, 10:30am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Male orgasm and migraine »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Male orgasm and migraine
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Male orgasm and migraine  (Read 1807 times)
violet
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

Male orgasm and migraine
« on: Jan 3rd, 2004, 1:51am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi Group,
I have a different kind of question to ask Embarassed, on behalf of my friend Fred.  He has had migraines in the past, normal, typical migraines.  Then, last week I think he had his first cluster.
He told me that at the start of an orgasm, he felt weakened, and a warm rush in his skull, and then a hideous pulsing headache, which he has had continuously for 8 days now.  It sounds like cluster to me, because it is extraordinary pain that makes his eyes run,  and he describes it as an ice pick in his eye socket and temple area.  It hasn't gone away in 8 days, it just dies down and then gets strong again.
Any of you guys get a cluster after an orgasm?
I have encouraged him to see a doctor, but he doesn't have insurance, and is being stubborn.
I'm really worried about him.
Thanks,
Violet
IP Logged
BlueMeanie

Email

Re: Male orgasm and migraine
« Reply #1 on: Jan 3rd, 2004, 1:56am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Nope. Never had that problem. Actually I've attempted to abort a CH that way. Didn't work.
IP Logged
dougW
New Board Veteran
Canada 

pain is inevitable.   suffering is optional

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 3rd, 2004, 2:52am »

referred to as "orgasmic headaches" or "sexual benign headaches.  Try this link for more information.

http://www.headaches.org/consumer/topicsheets/sexual.html

Good luck

Doug Wright
IP Logged

Out beyond wrong doing and right doing there is a field of luminous consciousness. I'll meet you there. (Rumi)
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 3rd, 2004, 9:13am »

hi Violet you know that Clusters don't last 8 days don't you??? sounds like a severe Migraine to me... Get him some imatrex or zomig pronto..... and if it doesnt go away with that get him to a doctor... good luck ree
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 3rd, 2004, 10:39am »

on Jan 3rd, 2004, 1:51am, violet wrote:
He told me that at the start of an orgasm, he felt weakened, and a warm rush in his skull, and then a hideous pulsing headache, which he has had continuously for 8 days now.

For me, CH attacks don't "pulse" at all...  Anyone else??

Also, 8 days??  Nah...something else.

Chris
IP Logged

Where does the white go in a snowman when the snow melts?
Hirvimaki
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Quod me nutrit me destruit.

3978676 3978676   frotteur   hirvimaki
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 3rd, 2004, 10:46am »

If it was a sphalmorgasmy (an incomplte or otherwise unsatifoactory orgasm), then I can see how this could cause a headache (although not CH), but I've found that the copulescense of great sex at the very least eases the pain.

But I'm married to an underwear model, so maybe it's just me...

Hirvimaki
IP Logged

"What makes us discontented with our condition is the absurdly exaggerated idea we have of the happiness of others."

don

Email

« Reply #6 on: Jan 3rd, 2004, 12:20pm »

Haven't had either of them lately so I guess I'm no help.  Undecided
IP Logged
thomas

Email

« Reply #7 on: Jan 3rd, 2004, 4:19pm »

What's an orgasm?  What's a migraine?  I think I had the first one a couple of times........
IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #8 on: Jan 3rd, 2004, 5:40pm »

Lots of stuff around about this.

No body ever faked a cluster though

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
JohnM
New Board Hall of Famer
South_Africa 

Detox believer

« Reply #9 on: Jan 4th, 2004, 3:30am »

My migraines "pulse" but my CH pain is a continuous solid wall of excrutiating pain.

Never yet got a HA after orgasm, than God.

I have had 4 day migraines before, but sinec imigran (imitrex) injections have been available to me I have always aborted them rather than suffer for days.

Get your friend to a decent Doc ASAP for a check up and ask for an imitrex injection right there in in his rooms to see if it aborts the bastard HA.
IP Logged

Moderation in everything; including moderation!
t_h_b
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

primary chronic since 1999

« Reply #10 on: Jan 4th, 2004, 5:57am »

Sounds like a strange aneurysm or vascular problem to me, especially since you describe it as a "warm rush in his skull" followed by continuous, PULSING headache.  Your friend should quickly get to an MD (ER or Neuro) who will at least consider ordering imaging studies of his head.

As far as the insurance goes, they have to treat him at the ER if it's life-threatening regardless of ability to pay.

I do not approve of this at all, but I have heard of people giving false demographic information in order to get "free" treatment if they really couldn't afford it but couldn't qualify for Medicaid.

Some states also offer very inexpensive insurance to those who have a low income but can't qualify for Medicaid.

Good luck to your friend and good luck to you in your efforts to help him.

Also, no offense to Ree, but I wouldn't even consider giving him Imitrex if he could have a vascular problem affecting his brain and hasn't seen an MD.
« Last Edit: Jan 4th, 2004, 6:02am by t_h_b » IP Logged

No, it's not a headache--it's a Stage Ten Primary Chronic Periodic Idiopathic Trigeminovascular Cephalalgic Crisis.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss