Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 18th, 2024, 11:39am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Re: Newsflash!!  Hell is breaking loose on OUCH b »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Re: Newsflash!!  Hell is breaking loose on OUCH b
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Re: Newsflash!!  Hell is breaking loose on OUCH b  (Read 1701 times)
pubgirl

Email

« on: Jan 3rd, 2004, 11:45am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Donna

I have been reading it since it started and also posted but frankly I am completely stunned at what people will play out in public view.

Ridiculous behaviour for adults Embarassed

Wendy
« Last Edit: Jan 3rd, 2004, 11:59am by pubgirl » IP Logged
fubar
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #1 on: Jan 3rd, 2004, 1:23pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I'm not sure what started the whole mess, and I don't care to have all the gory details.  I've said before, we are a cranky lot, it's who we are.  If Don wants to quit, I don't think any by-law is going to stop him.  I'm not sure what the board 'accepting' his resignation has to do with anything.

I agree with Wendy that the whole drama seems like something that should have been handled in private.  In this case, airing out only 10% of what's going on just makes it annoying to everybody.

In the end, I think this is a big blow to OUCH.  It makes it look like a bunch of kids running a tree-house club.  It certainly sours my perception of what OUCH is all about.

-Shawn
IP Logged

"He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
don

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 3rd, 2004, 1:30pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Shawn, OUCH is still about the right thing.

he Organization for Understanding Cluster Headaches (O.U.C.H.) provides information and emotional support to cluster headache sufferers throughout the world.

We encourage, support and participate in research to develop new and improved therapies and practices for treating cluster headaches.  
IP Logged
ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

The BEAST rises again, and again, and again, and .

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 5th, 2004, 6:43am »

For what ever reason, Don has resigned.  The reason does not matter.  The by-laws are being re-written, but until the new ones are out, the old ones must be followed.  It states very clearly that the VP takes over if the office of President goes empty.  The BoD or membership have no say in it.  It is a done deal.  No need to discuss or accept the new president.  He was voted in as VP, and part of the duties are to take over the helm, if the president leaves office for any reson.  No discussion or vote is required.  Nothing shady or underhanded is going on.  The by-laws are being followed.  End of discussion.

Chuck
IP Logged

"No man can be happy without a friend, nor be sure of his friend till he is unhappy."
Thomas Fuller
Kirk
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

VINIMUS, VIDIMUS, DOLAVIMUS

161860987 161860987   kirk_jones511   krkevrtt
Email

Re: Newsflash!!  Hell is breaking loose on OU
« Reply #4 on: Jan 5th, 2004, 7:48am »

I believe Chuck is right.
Damn I hate it when I have to agree with a redneck pollock refugee from the shallow end of the gene pool.
So lets calm down and be (gasp) adults.
Who has the copy of Roger's rules of proceedings handy anyway?

Chucky?

TTFN
IP Logged

Edna
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 5th, 2004, 9:06am »

As I found in the OUCH bylaws.....

"Vice-President: The Vice-President shall act as an aide to the President and shall assume the duties of the President in his/her absence or in the event of a vacancy in the office"

"In the event of a vacancy in the office of President, the Vice-President shall complete the unexpired term. By a majority vote, the Board of Directors shall fill a vacancy in any other office."

So, from what I'm reading, Chuch and Kirk got it right. If not, would someone please explain?

EDNA

IP Logged
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Jan 5th, 2004, 11:29am »

Edna,

That's right.

There are no decisions to make, no votes to be taken, no review periods to adhere to.

I resigned my position as of January 1.  Same holds true for that one.  The BoD just appoints someone to take the spot.

The Bylaws are still in effect and they just need to followed.
IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss