Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 6:17am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « difficult cycle »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   difficult cycle
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: difficult cycle  (Read 550 times)
hunterdon04
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

difficult cycle
« on: Jan 3rd, 2004, 11:41am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

well the past 2 days have been worse than hell..2 nites ago it was the worst in years..and last nite well it never really went away...question? i had my neuro switch me to nasel and injections...i tried the nasel last nite didn't work...does it matter which nostrile you use...i get my ch on the left side so that nostrile is always blocked...so i used the right one...also...im ready to use the injection...how many times do ya think i can gett away with usin it in 24 hrs...i mean i've been over-using the pills for the last 2 weeks and im still alive....anyway thanx for the ear...peace
IP Logged

i wont surrender, well not this minute anyway
Giovanni
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Re: difficult cycle
« Reply #1 on: Jan 3rd, 2004, 11:54am »

I have used as many as 6 full injections in one day.  BUT I DON'T RECOMMEND IT.

The injections can be divided up into small injectable units--say 1/2.  This way you can do 4 injections and still not exceed the recommended dosage per 24 hours. See imitrex tip to your left.

Also, you can order some insulin syringes from these people and sterile vials to make smaller dosage injections.

http://www.earthstores.com/gpzservices/

good luck.......

John
IP Logged
hunterdon04
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 3rd, 2004, 12:01pm »

thanx john....im tryin to put off using the injection for as long as possible, my nose is starting to clog up so i know im getting close to a cluster...i really hate needles but i quess i have no choice....i think im at the top of this straight-outa-hell-cycle, i cant take much more of this shit!!!!!!!

thanx again
IP Logged

i wont surrender, well not this minute anyway
thomas

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 3rd, 2004, 12:21pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

See if you can get your doc to try a different abortive, ie. zomig, axert, amerge - something like that, these abortives tend to give you more pf time between attacks, than imitrex does.  pf wishes to you.
IP Logged
Unsolved
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
USA 

I'm still alive ?

WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 3rd, 2004, 2:06pm »

Injections are my only source of relief. The nasal spray and pills don't work at all. I've used up to 8 injections in a 24 hour period...but I wouldn't recommend that either (you could blow out your heart).  

If your headaches get bad enough, you'll use the injections ! Goodluck

PS. your'e only supposed to use 12 mg / day (injections)

Unsolved
IP Logged

I need a fully automatic Imitrex injector
River_Rat
New Board Old Timer
USA 

NUFF SAID!!!

realtornorm  
Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 3rd, 2004, 3:06pm »

Use the freaking injection man!! They are the only thing that works for me to, Just look away and have someone push the button.

An imitrex injection will kill my beast in 4 min.

DO IT! I hate needles to, but I hate the beast worse, I will try and get through a few CH but I do need that injection sometimes.

LEE
IP Logged
BlueMeanie

Email

« Reply #6 on: Jan 3rd, 2004, 3:12pm »

on Jan 3rd, 2004, 3:06pm, River_Rat wrote:
Use the freaking injection man!!

Dude. An injection is NOT that bad. Try it. Guarantee you'll like it. Want to be pain free ? Just DO IT.
IP Logged
Jayne
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Pull my finger!

Email

« Reply #7 on: Jan 3rd, 2004, 3:18pm »

It's more painful going through a cluster than to inject your self for all of a few seconds. You will get so used to it after a while, you won't feel a thing. If it helps, when you try it for the first time ask yourself is the pain of the jab more painful than a cluster..you won't feel a thing I promise.
IP Logged

If you haven't laughed today, it's been a wasted day. Smiley
jonny

Email

« Reply #8 on: Jan 3rd, 2004, 3:19pm »

on Jan 3rd, 2004, 12:21pm, thomas wrote:
See if you can get your doc to try a different abortive, ie. zomig, axert, amerge - something like that, these abortives tend to give you more pf time between attacks, than imitrex does.  pf wishes to you.

BINGO!!!!!!!!!

........................jonny
IP Logged
Patrick_A
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If i could get my hands on that wascally Wabbit

Email

« Reply #9 on: Jan 3rd, 2004, 3:50pm »

on Jan 3rd, 2004, 3:19pm, wrote:

Imitrex causes rebounds!
Use it sparingly!

Patrick
« Last Edit: Jan 3rd, 2004, 3:53pm by Patrick_A » IP Logged

Do you think that when they asked George Washington for his ID, that he just whipped out a One Dollar Bill?
BlueMeanie

Email

« Reply #10 on: Jan 3rd, 2004, 5:19pm »

on Jan 3rd, 2004, 3:50pm, Patrick_A wrote:
Imitrex causes rebounds!
Use it sparingly!

Patrick

I agree with Patrick. From my experience, the Imitrex works the best, but you get a shorter time between attacks. With the Amerge you get a longer PF time, but doesn't work as often. Gotta keep the Beast confused. Just be careful swaping meds for aborting the CH.
IP Logged
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

withered branches grow green again.

« Reply #11 on: Jan 3rd, 2004, 6:05pm »

I use the nasal, it can take time to overtake an already going CH.  And just before it catches up, it seems the CH wants to try harder to stay alive, that's the worst time, but it means relief is real soon.  Waking at night with one going, well, grab the icepacks too.  The injections make more sense.
I tend to agree that the Imitrex doesn't keep it away long, that's why using different meds makes sense too, or one your ok with.  I tend to bombard the crap out of one CH a day with meds which buys me more time.
By the time it gets to nearly a three month stay, life is hell at that time, the worst, but just knowing it will soon subside keeps me from getting too crazy.
The nasal is ok if you're astute at seeing it coming, which doesn't always happen easily.  I've had a few ramp up fast on me at work, put the sunglasses on, grab the tissues and wait.  It's stupid.
Those who wrote on this string above me had better advice.
IP Logged
Opus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

(Insert witty comment here)

pjbgravely   pjbgravely
WWW Email

« Reply #12 on: Jan 3rd, 2004, 11:37pm »

I use the nasal until it stopped working but here are some tips.

Get a bottle of nasel saline spray, I kept mine in the refigerator, and sqiurt it up your nose and blow before you use the imitrex, that helped a lot for me. Make sure you have the 20mg, sprays. If all goes well then your pain relif should come in 15 minutes. As soon as the pain subsides to funtion start some coffee brewing ( even at night ) and smoke if you got them. With out the nic and coffee I would be stuck with a  5 for the rest of the CH. When you sleep prop yourself up on pillows or sleep in a recliner. This will help you to wake up sooner in the CH and sometimes stops them altogeather.  

Sorry, no time to spell check.

Opus/Paul
IP Logged

Zed-Zed-nine plural-Zed alpha,

There is no place like home.
kissmyglass
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Don't Mix Triptans

Email

« Reply #13 on: Jan 4th, 2004, 1:05am »

I hated needles too...Cant grab one & jab fast enough now....Those little tiny girley needles like Roxy uses are good  Smiley  
Jab away!

Kev
IP Logged

"It does so fucking look like her" - Picasso
[img][/img]
JohnM
New Board Hall of Famer
South_Africa 

Detox believer

« Reply #14 on: Jan 4th, 2004, 3:20am »

I am unfortunately back in cycle since Xmas eve and getting hit 3 or 4 times daily.

This time around I took the imitrex tip route with some advice on how to inject from Bluemeanie. I use the vial and qtip method and inject 1/4 to 1/3 of a shot the instant I wake up or get the first signs of one coming on. It takes a little longer than the full shot but this is the first ever cycle that I feel in control and have been able to get on with my life. I am using 1 injection a day split into 3 or 4 doses rather than several full doses a day.

My meds are lasting longer, costing a little less, and I am not getting the heart palpitations due to the smaller dose. Just pinch hard on a generous bit of flesh on the upper leg and slowly push the needle in. It is actually far less painful than the bang stick! Doesn't hurt a bit.

I'm still getting hit but can get on with my life in a normal way. I have visitors from overseas staying on holiday with me for another week so have to be fully functional. I have tried not let these bastards get past a kip 4 since they started again

Going to try a full on detox diet starting next week to try and break the cycle.

I agree with some of the others above Hunter - use the injection and stop suffering. Good luck and best wishes for the coming year

John
IP Logged

Moderation in everything; including moderation!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss