Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 3:15am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Holby City Tackling CH's »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Holby City Tackling CH's
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Holby City Tackling CH's  (Read 654 times)
Stealing
New Board Newbie
England 

stealingvenus
Email

Holby City Tackling CH's
« on: Jan 3rd, 2004, 3:55pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have just been watching a soap program called Holby City, It's a hospital drama. One of the patients came in with chronic headaches he was told they where Migraine's, He was sent away but he wasn't happy with the diagniosis and started making a lot of noise shouting that he would carry on until he was seen by another Doctor, any way this all went on for a while until a security guard mentioned to the Doctor that his Brother suffered from bad headaches called Cluster Headaches, the Doctor looked into it. The man was diagnosed and given o2.

I think it';s really great that this has been brought to the publics attention, the more people that hear about CH's the more hope there is for understanding of what we go through, sometimes everyday.
IP Logged
ianric
New Board Newbie
United_Kingdom 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Holby City Tackling CH's
« Reply #1 on: Jan 3rd, 2004, 5:16pm »

I think you may mean Casualty. Don't watch Holby so I don't know. Just watched Casualty and I looked it up and found this site.

When I was 30, 6 years ago, I woke in the night to go to the loo and passed out for no reason. I fell backwards and hit my head hard on the solid brick dividing wall - it was a terraced house - and also caught the door which slammed shut. The next thing I knew, I was lay one the floor screaming because I didn't know where I was, who I was or who my wife was. My wife - as she was then, I am now divorced because of these headaches, said I had fainted and I was unconscious for about 10 mins and she had phoned the ambulance.

To cut a long story short, I am still suffering with headaches. They are constant 24/7 apart from when I'm asleep but as soon as I wake up they start again. It may not be CH but it is close. I can't play computer games, listen to music, read etc for a long time because I get a headache. Alcohol makes it worse so I don't drink. Most of the time now, anything over a normal talking voice hurts my head and makes my teeth hurt.

I had a very loving wife who stood by me for almost 5 years but in the end it became too much for both of us so I left. I decided she didn't need me and she would be better off without me because I wasn't the man she married back in '96. I had changed into a monster she referred to as Jeckyl and Hyde and most days she was scared of coming home because she didn't know what mood I'd be in. I WASN'T violent, I just sat in silence and sulked and caused an atmosphere.

There's much more to this story but I get very emotional when I remember so I'll leave it there.

Ian
IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #2 on: Jan 4th, 2004, 4:54am »

Stealing, thanks. Now if only we could get a program (any program) in the USA to mention the word clusterheadache.

ianric, sorry to hear about all the problems your headaches have caused. But, IMHO you do not suffer from clusters. That's the good news. The bad news is you have terrible headaches. Sounds like a damaged nerve, possibly in your neck from the whack you took in the fall. I am not a doctor so please don't rely on my word.
Why not clusters? Clusters are not caused by injuries. Clusters do not last 24/7. Most cluster attacks happen during sleep and are not relieved upon wakening. Listening to music, playing computer games, reading do not trigger clusters.  
This is all just my opinion. Please see a neurologist soon. Whatever it is needs to be found as soon as possible.
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
pubgirl

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 4th, 2004, 6:10am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hello Ian and Stealing

Quite an achievement getting it on TV drama wasn't it?
It was down to one of OUCH UK's trustees, Mo who has a friend who is a scriptwriter, so she briefed them on CH and sent them written info and they wrote a script and it was used!

For the Americans here, Casualty is the Brit equivalent of ER and as a % of the population watching is probably as popular.

The website referred to on the programme is www.clusterheadaches.org.uk  so if you haven't been there yet, come and see the UK site as well.

Also Ian, for what it's worth, your headaches sound abominable but not like CH at all to me. You need to get your GP to refer you to a good neurologist as you can't live life like that. If you post over on the UK site you may live near someone who can recommend a good neuro in the area (I can in Bucks). There are also some excellent links here to enable you to research other types of headaches (click on them in the left hand margin) and of course the CH quiz to help clarify the CH question.

See you both 'over the pond'?

Wendy
IP Logged
Stealing
New Board Newbie
England 

stealingvenus
Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 4th, 2004, 2:57pm »

Ian and Wendy,
Thanks for your replies, Wendy I have been to CH's UK (It took me a while to figure that one out as I kept going to the American one!!) Thanks for that.

Ian, I hope you find some answers to your Headaches, I hope for your sake that they aren't CH's. I would go and see a neruo asap. Keep us posted.

Nicky
IP Logged
cher
New Board Junior

cherylbye
Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 5th, 2004, 7:34am »

hi, lol, sorry i didn`t see your post, i wrote about it too,

sorry about that once again

love

cher x
IP Logged

cher x
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #6 on: Jan 5th, 2004, 8:22am »

Nice goin' cher. Duhhh. Jeeze! Pay attention, will ya?  Roll Eyes

Hey, I'm just kidding.  laugh

Thanks for thinking it was (and it is) important enough to be here.

Wink
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
athos
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Reality is for those who lack imagination!

athos_3d   Athos3d
WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Jan 5th, 2004, 11:46am »

I wonder if there is a way to see if what kind of response that they have received...
IP Logged

http://www.XdUP.com
Find Your Value For X
pubgirl

Email

« Reply #8 on: Jan 5th, 2004, 12:42pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

We are tracking it if they contact OUCH UK website of Helpline but I think mostly people come here first, then find OUCh UK from here. Bloody BBC won't let us put the website or Helpline number on their webpage for the programme though which is  a HUGE opportunity lost. Tossers!

I think we have already picked up quite a few sufferers already from the programme though

Wendy
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss