Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 28th, 2024, 5:20pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Great start to the New Year »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Great start to the New Year
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Great start to the New Year  (Read 422 times)
Callico
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Proud Dad of a US Marine!

Email

Great start to the New Year
« on: Jan 4th, 2004, 12:45am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

AT least my luck hasn't changed any just 'cause the calander did.  While we were returning from my parents home Jan 1 at about 7 in the evening a young man looked up from the road to tend to his baby in the back seat and ran into the back of my newer van.  I was asleep at the time, sitting sideways in the middle seat, and the impact messed up my lower back again.  The rest of my family is ok, just shaken up a good bit.  The van was totalled, and the book value doesn't come close to what it is worth due to the care it has been given.  Just when I was back to working close to full weeks this knocks me out of work for several days, plus the time needed for visits to my Chiro.  (He does nothing for the HAs and knows it, but he does help the back.)

Just frustrated and venting.  I'm waiting for Hee Haw to come back on TV.  I'll have a starring role! Grin

I've gotta shut my mouth  Lips Sealed and count my blessings.  In the long run my problems are few.  I'm just haveing trouble seeing beyond them right now.  

At least the demerol they gave me in the ER knocked out a cluster attack.  First time for that.

Hope you all are doing better.

jc
IP Logged

"When He acts on the left, I cannot behold Him; He turns on the right I cannot see Him. But He knows the way that I take; when He has tried me I shall come forth as gold." Job23:9,10
TxBasslady
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Bass fishin' is a h00t  It's the catchin' that sux

Email

Re: Great start to the New Year
« Reply #1 on: Jan 4th, 2004, 1:12am »

Sad............Not a good way to start the new year.

Certainly it could have been much worse!

Glad to know that you and your family are ok.  Sorry about your back........and your van.    

We all should count our blessings......things could surely be worse than they already are!

PF vibes and nothing but good wishes for you a fast recovery.

Jean
IP Logged

How lucky I am... to have known someone who was so hard to say goodbye too.

Take a kid fishin
www.takemefishin.org

I adopted a Vietnam POW/MIA from El Paso, Texas!
Woobie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I luv you guys!!!!!!!!

Email

Re: Great start to the New Year
« Reply #2 on: Jan 4th, 2004, 2:25pm »

Oh Jerry - I'm sorry.............

Glad you and your family are OK, tho!   You can replace the van - (eventually) - but you cant replace them!

You need a good ol' fashion PARTY in Davenport... take one of them and call me on Monday!

Grin
Tina
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss