Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 24th, 2024, 6:06pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Why People Fear Guns (Anothe Non CH but excellent »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Why People Fear Guns (Anothe Non CH but excellent
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Why People Fear Guns (Anothe Non CH but excellent  (Read 2106 times)
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

Re: Why People Fear Guns (Anothe Non CH but excell
« Reply #25 on: Jan 5th, 2004, 7:06pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I’m not a gun freak nor do I encourage anyone to buy one. I just grew up in a family who had them. Guns for us were not thought of as personal protection. They’re way overrated by TV and film as a solution. It’s unreliable, difficult not at all antiseptic or simple. Those who are well-trained or ex-military, know this but video games kids do not. It’s a mess because this alone encourages more gun purchases by people who have no business with them as well as those who see a danger. A catch 22.  

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Jackie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Go For It!!!

Email

« Reply #26 on: Jan 5th, 2004, 7:20pm »

My take on all this.....

I have guns.
I respect guns.
I love to shoot guns....especially at skeet targets.
I love to look at and even love to clean my guns.

Gun ownership is our right and I'm betting it always will be.  The NRA (not that I'm always a big fan of theirs) is a STRONG lobby and they will protect the gun owners rights.

It's not the guns that are dangerous....it's the person behind them.  If they are determined to cause harm they will find a way to do it.....gun or not.  If gun ownership becomes illegal the criminals will be the only people still packing.

Jacks Cool

IP Logged
eyes_afire
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #27 on: Jan 5th, 2004, 7:24pm »

Quote:
...cell phones  

No!  Not those!

Well, we'll have to make sure they're banned BEFORE video games since I don't own one, LOL.

--- Esteban

IP Logged

Still around... in a brand new world now...
Hirvimaki
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Quod me nutrit me destruit.

3978676 3978676   frotteur   hirvimaki
WWW Email

« Reply #28 on: Jan 5th, 2004, 7:36pm »

Esteban,

The quote I think you are alluding to is in fact from Demolition Man.  Edgar Friendly says:

"You see, according to Cockteau's plan, I'm the enemy because I like to think. I like to read, I'm into freedom of speech and freedom of choice. I'm the kind of guy that could sit in a greasy spoon and wonder gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs or the side order of gravy fries. I want high cholesterol. I would eat bacon and butter and buckets of cheese. OK. I want to smoke Cuban cigars the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section. I want to run through the streets naked with green Jell-O all over my body reading Playboy magazine. Why, because I might suddenly feel the need to. OK? Pal, I've seen the future. Know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his pajamas, sipping a banana-broccoli shake, singing 'I'm an Oscar Meyer wiener'. You live up top, you live how he wants. Your other choice: come down here and maybe starve to death."

Great quote.  Silly movie.

Hirvimaki
IP Logged

"What makes us discontented with our condition is the absurdly exaggerated idea we have of the happiness of others."

pubgirl

Email

« Reply #29 on: Jan 5th, 2004, 7:40pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Gun Ignoramus question here.

Is an SKS 7.62 mm a very serious piece of weaponry?

Wendy
IP Logged
jonny

Email

« Reply #30 on: Jan 5th, 2004, 7:44pm »

Passed by Congress September 25, 1789. Ratified December 15, 1791.  

AMENDMENT II  

A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

...................jonny  bigguns
IP Logged
floridian

Email

« Reply #31 on: Jan 5th, 2004, 7:45pm »

The SKS is a decent rifle. It is more accurate than an AK-47 (fires the same cartridge). It was not designed to be a full-auto weapon, and most countries replaced their SKS's with AKs.   The new Woody Allen movie has an SKS in its plot.
« Last Edit: Jan 5th, 2004, 7:46pm by floridian » IP Logged
pubgirl

Email

« Reply #32 on: Jan 5th, 2004, 7:49pm »

Cheers, just checking because someone on here loves theirs so much they've got a full page photo of it on their website.

Not going to argue with them then!

Wendy

P.S. Did a quick search after I asked the question as I know nowt about guns and it came up as the main gun the VC used. Yuk!

IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #33 on: Jan 5th, 2004, 11:23pm »

I love the way guns brings out the best or worst in us.

For those who think this is uncomfortable, try these guys:

http://subguns.biggerhammer.net/sword.cgi

There's more than one kids.

Grease gun Charlie
« Last Edit: Jan 5th, 2004, 11:27pm by Charlie » IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Renee
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

May we all find some pf time!  Is it summer yet?

Email

« Reply #34 on: Jan 5th, 2004, 11:58pm »

Being raised in somewhat rural Texas and still residing in "the sticks" outside of Dallas, I was raised around guns and even given a gun by my father when I was a child.  It was a monsterous b.b. gun that I thought could protect me from anything.  Well, one day that anything came along and my monsterous b.b. gun could not take out the copperhead snake that was striking at me.

I also baled hay and have many times picked up a bale of hay to find a cottonmouth water mocassin still alive but caught up in the bale.

I've also always been raised around cattle and horses and have had to take the desperate route of taking a loved animal out of misery.  It is one of the hardest things I've ever had to do as it hurts me SO much but for the love of my animal I opt for them to no longer hurt if there is no chance of recovery.

I carry concealed, I pack in my truck, I have one by my bed, a couple hidden here and there and a shotgun in my hallway on the wall...all are loaded with shell in chamber.  I'm also have a concealed handgun permit.

Moral of my post:
If you choose to play, know the rules, know the dangers and respect the piece.  It can save your life but it can also take your life or the life of others.

Do I clean my pieces during a CH...hell no.  I don't even go near them.  That would be just too easy and had I not found my CH family here, I honestly think my willpower during a CH would have fled and I would not be here today.

Enough rambling....Thank you my CH family for being there for me!

renee (aka txcowgirl)

IP Logged

23 years of battling the beast, 9 years chronic......uneducated docs/nurses make me irate.
The fungus among us is for real!

12gagueblast
New Board Junior
USA 

BLAM BLAM!!!!!!!

« Reply #35 on: Jan 6th, 2004, 1:39am »

I bow to you charlie.  Great link.  i have always wanted a sten or an MP 40 cant part with the cash yet tho.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss