Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 4:19am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Update on me and mine »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Update on me and mine
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Update on me and mine  (Read 507 times)
OneEyeBlind
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Yea, I can do this

topnoodle

Update on me and mine
« on: Jan 6th, 2004, 12:23pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Well, I have not been around much to offer support.  In fact I suck of late.  But in life sometimes, the only thing you can do is pray you get through the next day and hope people understand.  I'll be back in full swing once things quiet down on the homefront.  Dad's been sick and in and out of the hospital, hubby is getting ready to start the new treatment program (round 3 but still hanging tough) and Christopher of course is at the forefront of my prayers.  My family is certainly challenged but hasn't given up hope.   Never give up is our motto.    

Here is another update on Christopher:

Dear Friends and Family,
The good news- after 4 days of harvesting stem cells last week they collected 3.5 million.   This satisfies the doctors as enough for the transplant.   The bad news-  Christopher has not been eating well for weeks, in fact hardly at all.  We've been home since Saturday night and I'm taking him in this morning for an admission.  They will try to address his nutritional needs, take some tests, see why he's not hungry, try to pump him up with some IV food and hopefully put a smile back on his face (and  
me).

It is difficult to watch the progression of this disease on a daily basis.  How it robs you of your physical and sometimes mental health.  I am grateful that the spirit cannot be crushed, though there are days it feels like it.  Important lesson, don't live off your feelings!  

On another note, January is the slowest month for blood donations due to sickness and weather.  Why not get out and donate........you never know who you might help Smiley  

Continue to pray for all of us.  Chris has a week of vacation (he thought we could do some nice things as a family before the chemo admission, oh well) so he'll be alternating holding down the fort and being with Christopher.  Katie and Adam are back on the school schedule and dealing with a single parent household.  I continue to walk this road clinging to my Savior.  

Psalm 42:11 "Why are you downcast, O my soul?  Why so disturbed within me?  Put your hope in God for I will yet praise Him, my Savior and my God."  

In His Steps,
Chris, Maryann and Family
IP Logged

One cannot step twice in the same river, for fresh waters are forever flowing around us.
Hirvimaki
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Quod me nutrit me destruit.

3978676 3978676   frotteur   hirvimaki
WWW Email

Re: Update on me and mine
« Reply #1 on: Jan 6th, 2004, 12:31pm »

Thanks for the update on Christopher.  Let Christopher and his family know that they are in my prayers.

All the best to you and yours,

Hirvimaki
IP Logged

"What makes us discontented with our condition is the absurdly exaggerated idea we have of the happiness of others."

cathy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
United_Kingdom 

Not all those that wander are lost......

cathy_lucas47   cybersis1965
Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 6th, 2004, 2:59pm »

Nancy.....good to see you posting...you know your in my thoughts everyday...love and prayers to Red, Christopher.  

Never give up!!

Cathy xox  hug
IP Logged

My own tears would mean nothing to me, if I could stop you from just shedding one....

echo
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Chronic and still alive --- I Win!

« Reply #3 on: Jan 6th, 2004, 3:06pm »

thanks for the update Nancy.  As always I will keep remembering you in my prayers.

Take care.
IP Logged

"If you love something, let it go. If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it".

Proud Dad of a US Marine, and a former Marine turned Police Officer.

Opus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

(Insert witty comment here)

pjbgravely   pjbgravely
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 6th, 2004, 7:02pm »

Thanks Nan,
  Your family will continue to be in my prayers.

Opus/Paul
IP Logged

Zed-Zed-nine plural-Zed alpha,

There is no place like home.
Little Deb
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Please SPAY and NEUTER all dogs, cats and idiots!

debbie4278  
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 6th, 2004, 8:54pm »

Prayin' for the whole family and especially Christopher.
What a tough little guy he is.  OK, maybe not so little.  And so strong.  We will be thinking of him and waiting to hear how he is doing.

Hugs,  Little Deb
IP Logged

Adopt a shelter pet!
jonny

Email

« Reply #6 on: Jan 6th, 2004, 9:01pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

You know where I stand Nanc......this way I dont have to swear to get my point across.......LOL

..........................................jonny
IP Logged
ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

The BEAST rises again, and again, and again, and .

Email

« Reply #7 on: Jan 6th, 2004, 9:03pm »

Nan, I hope you know that Red and Christopher are never out of my prayers!  Rest assured that your Clusterville family thinks of them often.

Thanks for the latest update.  I though they wanted 10 million cells?  Glad they have enough.  Hope they figure out why he is not eating.  Have you tried to bribe him with his favorite McDonalds?

Let Red and Christopher know I am thinking of them.

Chuck
IP Logged

"No man can be happy without a friend, nor be sure of his friend till he is unhappy."
Thomas Fuller
TxBasslady
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Bass fishin' is a h00t  It's the catchin' that sux

Email

« Reply #8 on: Jan 6th, 2004, 10:35pm »

Nancy,

I hope you know that our prayers for Christopher have never stopped.  

Sounds like your plate is full.  Please remember to try and take care of yourself!  

You know where we are......should you need us    Kiss

Prayers and vibes to you and yours,

Jean
IP Logged

How lucky I am... to have known someone who was so hard to say goodbye too.

Take a kid fishin
www.takemefishin.org

I adopted a Vietnam POW/MIA from El Paso, Texas!
OneEyeBlind
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Yea, I can do this

topnoodle

« Reply #9 on: Jan 6th, 2004, 11:44pm »

They did want 10 million.  That was optimum.  At this point they are going with the minimum that might work because he just doesn't have the gusto to give them any more.  I think they feel they are lucky they got what they did without killing him.  

McDonald's, Aunt Nan's turkey soup, and anything that might get his little tummy going have been tried.  Can't fault my family on not giving it their best shot.  Whatever he wanted, we cooked.  Just doesn't seem to go down real easy.  Oh well, lots of stuff in life we swallow don't go down easy.  We'll see what the doc's can do for force feeding to get his energy level back up enough to be able to do the next round of chemo.  He's up for it, cause he is my man.  It's not that he doesn't want to eat, it's that he can't.  Held the puke bucket one too many times to not understand that.  

And round 44 starts ............  

Perhaps me becoming a clusterhead was in HIS plan, letting me know that pain does not have to end your life ........ just alter it.  Who really knows, I know nothing at this point.
IP Logged

One cannot step twice in the same river, for fresh waters are forever flowing around us.
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #10 on: Jan 7th, 2004, 1:22am »

I'm here for you and Christopher too. Thanks for the update.  

Hope you can find some way to get him to eat. There are medications I think. Maybe he has enough drugs?

You're amazing Nancy

Charlie

IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
BlueMeanie

Email

« Reply #11 on: Jan 7th, 2004, 2:49am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Thanks for the update. I continue to pray for you & your family. Tell Christopher hi for us and that we're still with him.

Sending VIBES !!
IP Logged
juvy
New Board Hall of Famer
Netherlands 

Misplaced Texan

2487387 2487387    
WWW Email

« Reply #12 on: Jan 7th, 2004, 6:04am »

thanks for the update nancy, my thoughts are with you all.  give Chris a hug for me.

cheers,
April
IP Logged

Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.
brain_cramps
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Email

« Reply #13 on: Jan 7th, 2004, 7:01am »

Thanks for the update.  Hoping and praying for the best for you and your's

grant
IP Logged
Mastifflvr28
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Freddie's eyes

LVT27
WWW Email

« Reply #14 on: Jan 7th, 2004, 9:51am »

Nancy,
Huge vibes going up to YOU,  
and your family
and Christopher and his family.
Take care,
Mast
IP Logged

Mastifflvr28 (aka Michelle A.)
Be part of the solution
http://www.ouch-us.org
OXYGEN!!!
http://www.maplefallswebdesign.com/misc/oxygen/oxygen.htm
Edna
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #15 on: Jan 7th, 2004, 6:14pm »

Nancy, here's hoping you remember what you DO know............

WE LOVE YOU NANCY

Come here when you need us, but know we're with you always,

hugs and smiles,
EDNA
IP Logged
Jackie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Go For It!!!

Email

« Reply #16 on: Jan 7th, 2004, 6:26pm »

Nancy,
You and yours are always in our thoughts and prayers.
By the way....you're doing good, Sweetie.  Keep hangin' in there.  2004 is gonna be better. Smiley

Love ya,
Jacks Cool
IP Logged
OneEyeBlind
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Yea, I can do this

topnoodle

« Reply #17 on: Jan 7th, 2004, 6:27pm »

Christopher lost 9 pounds in the last week.  The hospital is very appologetic that they didn't catch the fact that they saw him almost every day and didn't notice.  Thank God his mom is on top of things.  They inserted a feeding tube (down his throat) yesterday and are hoping that that might help get him back up to where he needs to be for the next round of chemo.  The plan is to keep him hospitalized and on a feeding tube until he is strong enough for the next round of chemo and then do the stem cell replacement.  It might be months before it's accomplished.  Since he will be on the feeding tube for an extended period, they are talking about inserting one directly into his stomach, thereby making it less painful for him, and also allowing him the ability to eat when he is up for it.  They did some blood tests to determine the amount of damage that may have been done due to the malnutirtion.  While his counts were less than half of what "minimal" is, they don't believe that any permanent damage was done.  

We've got a date for tomorrow at 9 am.  Told him I would bring breakfast.  Wonder if they serve frosties that early in the morning ?  

Thanks for the prayers and support.   I'll give him your love tomorrow when I see him.
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss