Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 9:36am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Be careful...non CH »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Be careful...non CH
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Be careful...non CH  (Read 432 times)
aprilbee
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ain't I a stinkah!!

Be careful...non CH
« on: Jan 7th, 2004, 9:22am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Man oh man!  The last few months have been hell and it finally escalated yesterday (my Birthday of all days)...I have been taking effexor for panic attacks, and I never realized it had been fucking with me until yesterday...I totally lost it!  I was bawling uncontrollably, my boss was ready to send me to the loony bend, I was ready to quit my job, move somewhere in the mountains and become a hermit (not sure what you call a female hermit)...I called my doctor and told him what was going on and he is taking me off of the effexor...I already feel 75% better!

If you are taking Effexor, be careful, pay attention to yourself, notice changes in your behavior, listen to what others are telling you!!  I thought it was a miracle drug, but it turns out it was turning me into a manic depressive with anger issues!!   gocrazy

IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Re: Be careful...non CH
« Reply #1 on: Jan 7th, 2004, 9:35am »

Glad you're feeling better.

And i think it would be a hermitette.
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
Paigelle

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 7th, 2004, 9:35am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Oh April!  This time last year, my doctor put me on Lexapro and the same thing happened to me.  I was on it for a few days and all of the sudden, I thought I was going to die.  Glad you are feeling better.  By the way  HAPPY BIRTHDAY wave
IP Logged
echo
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Chronic and still alive --- I Win!

« Reply #3 on: Jan 7th, 2004, 10:25am »

Glad to read that you are feeling better.  It's amazing how the drugs that are designed to make you better can turn on you in a heartbeat.

Hang in there.  Glad you identified the problem.
IP Logged

"If you love something, let it go. If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it".

Proud Dad of a US Marine, and a former Marine turned Police Officer.

Miklos
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 7th, 2004, 10:49am »

Am glad that things are improving for you. I had a similar experience with an inadvertant double dose of Welbutrin. I had a panic attack that left me sitting virtually paralyzed in a recliner for five hours until the dose wore down. Totally weird since I don't have a history of panic attacks.
« Last Edit: Jan 7th, 2004, 11:02am by Miklos » IP Logged

Don't be offended by my frank analysis. Think of it as personality dialysis.
Jimmy_B

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 7th, 2004, 11:29am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I'm sorry you had such a bad reaction to the med. Usually S.S.R.I's (Selective Seratonin Reuptake Inhibitor's) work very well for the general population (Effexor is inhibits both serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake as well as weakly inhibits dopamine reuptake), however for a small minority it does the reverse of it's intention & can make anxiety worse. This true of all S.S.R.I.'s

It's good you discovered this & made others aware of a potential side effect. I have a family member on Effexor. She was originally on Paxil, which made her symptoms worse. But the effexor has worked miracles & I believe still a good compound for OCD, GAD, and Panic Disorder.

Stay painfree...

Jimmy

IP Logged
Lissa
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Jan 7th, 2004, 11:43am »

BEWARE:  Effexor also has horrible withdrawal.
IP Logged

Episodic cluster survivor since 1995 at age 16.
River_Rat
New Board Old Timer
USA 

NUFF SAID!!!

realtornorm  
Email

« Reply #7 on: Jan 7th, 2004, 2:12pm »

I took this thing in college once called "acid" and wow that shit changed me, it was really wierd. Grin I had laugh attacks for no reason, tried to go swimming in the fountian down town, couldn't sleep for hours and hours, I think that acid stuff may have reacted to the 22 beers I had, dunno?

But seriously, I'm glad you figured out what was going on and got it taken care of.

NORM
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss