Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 2nd, 2024, 1:03am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « GP Update »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   GP Update
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: GP Update  (Read 310 times)
mem024
New Board Newbie
USA 

Mandy9701
Email

GP Update
« on: Jan 9th, 2004, 6:33pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Went back to the GP's today to discuss treatment options.  I was given Prednisone to take for the next 2 weeks, Verapamil to take for 2 months (and then I have to call her back), and Imitrex for when needed.
She seemed very informed about CH for a GP.  She was able to answer all my questions and was well informed of what medication to prescribe.  She even gave me free samples of the refills for Imitrex since it is so expensive.  I was wondering if this was due to the fact that she was a younger doctor (late 20's to early 30's) and perhaps they are teaching more about CH in medical school.  Maybe there is hope that more doctors are being informed about CH.  Just thought I'd share this with all of you.
Mandy
IP Logged
Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

Re: GP Update
« Reply #1 on: Jan 9th, 2004, 6:41pm »

on Jan 9th, 2004, 6:33pm, mem024 wrote:
I was wondering if this was due to the fact that she was a younger doctor (late 20's to early 30's) and perhaps they are teaching more about CH in medical school.  Maybe there is hope that more doctors are being informed about CH.

From what I am seeing, that certainly seems to be the case.  I doubt that they are teaching more, but I would guess that they are teaching more accurately.

The "fresh outta school" docs are retaining info.

Chris
IP Logged

Where does the white go in a snowman when the snow melts?
stevegeebe
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Re: GP Update
« Reply #2 on: Jan 9th, 2004, 6:49pm »

You're on you way Mandy.  Keep us posted.

All the best.

Steve G
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss