Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 1st, 2024, 10:21pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « You might already know. Not c/h »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   You might already know. Not c/h
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: You might already know. Not c/h  (Read 455 times)
forgetfulnot

Email

You might already know. Not c/h
« on: Jan 10th, 2004, 9:53pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

But now there is a snitch..........

http://www.forbes.com/home_europe/newswire/2004/01/10/rtr1205827.html

Lee
IP Logged
jonny

Email

Re: You might already know. Not c/h
« Reply #1 on: Jan 10th, 2004, 9:56pm »

Where lies the problem?

........................jonny
IP Logged
Little Deb
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Please SPAY and NEUTER all dogs, cats and idiots!

debbie4278  
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 10th, 2004, 9:58pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

not really suprized, but saddened.

LD
IP Logged

Adopt a shelter pet!
forgetfulnot

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 10th, 2004, 10:00pm »

Don't know where the problem is jonny, do you mean who ya going to believe?

Lee
IP Logged
jonny

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 10th, 2004, 10:07pm »

on Jan 10th, 2004, 10:00pm, forgetfulnot wrote:
Don't know where the problem is jonny, do you mean who ya going to believe?

Lee

Are you asking me purely on your lack of knowledge or are you asking my opinion?

.............................jonny
IP Logged
forgetfulnot

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 10th, 2004, 10:17pm »

on Jan 10th, 2004, 9:56pm, jonny wrote:
Where lies the problem?

........................jonny

I don't understand your question jonny, I guess i'm to stupid to get it.

Lee
« Last Edit: Jan 10th, 2004, 10:18pm by forgetful » IP Logged
brain_cramps
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Email

« Reply #6 on: Jan 10th, 2004, 10:21pm »

Classic quote:

He likened Bush at Cabinet meetings to "a blind man in a room full of deaf people."  

laugh
IP Logged
Marc
New Board Newbie
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Jan 10th, 2004, 10:22pm »

Years ago, the UN proved (and agreed) that Iraq had WMD's. Then Iraq used WMD's - and made it clear that they would again.

Even Bill Clinton recently said he was convinced that Iraq had WMD's right up until the time we went in.

The whole world knew that they had WMD's.  

Does anyone really believe that Saddam is a good guy, or that this is about oil or revenge or politics? (Geez, I hope that no one has actually fallen for that............. )

The argument isn't about the existence of WMD's in Iraq or about the imminent danger they posed.  It's what do we do now.  

And how do we handle the next rouge nation who decides that he can threaten the world?

Marc

IP Logged
Lizzie2
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"L'Chaim"~Hebre w Toast~"To Life"

Lizzie52004  
Email

« Reply #8 on: Jan 10th, 2004, 10:29pm »

has anyone else read the book "The Demon in the Freezer" by Richard Preston?  i honestly was firmly against us going into iraq and thought the whole wmd thing was a load of propaganda, but then i read that book.  i don't know how i feel about the issues still, but it has given me totally new insights on wmds....and the potential that iraq did/does have them.
IP Logged

Mark C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Onward through the fog.

Email

« Reply #9 on: Jan 10th, 2004, 11:51pm »

December 10, 2002
 President Bush fired his first cabinet member, Paul O'Neill, last Friday.........

A senior administration official said O'Neill's "suggestion that the administration was planning an invasion of Iraq days after taking office is laughable. Nobody listened to him when he was in office. Why should anybody now?"

Danish troops in Iraq find shells from Iran-Iraq war

Leaking shells found in Iraq

Found Shells Contain Blister Agent, Tests Show

Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Click The Flag
Pinkfloyd
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

comfortably numb

psiloscribe   pinkshroomrat
WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: Jan 10th, 2004, 11:56pm »

Interesting Lee...
Let's see now...I wonder if any of the previous presidents went into office knowing exactly where they would be sending troops with a mission....hmm. Wonder if I can think of one.....

uh, Roosevelt?....yep (took him a while to convert the masses away from our isolationist leanings..)
....truman? yep
....I like Ike? ....yep...
Kennedy......yep
Johnson?...oh yeah
Nixon...? Yep
Ford..?(they didnt even tell him they HAD a button let alone give him the instructions)
Carter? (he had to ask his daughter first but had he gotten permission..Wink
Reagan....gee, I wonder  
Bush #1...yeppers
Clinton? Think he really thought he could make it 8 years without committing troops at some point, on the day he took office?
Bush #2....these guys are briefed for a couple months before they take office so they have time to make such plans and decisions. They better know exactly what their plans are before they take office.

They know what they want to do....they just need to come up with enough reasons (excuses, if you must) to get it done and have 51% of the country behind them.

You may not agree with their plans, but they do have to have them....ahead of time.

Just giving you a hard time Lee. I'm not real happy myself with the increased deployments in our war against....drugs!!!

Please forward all flames to someone that can actually solve the problems of the world cause I sure can't. Besides, this is like a hit and run....I won't be around for 4 or 5 days. hehehehe

PF
off to Reno!!
IP Logged

"Nothing is so firmly believed as what we least know."
"There is no passion so contagious as that of fear."
[Michel de Montaigne
www.clusterbusters.com
www.obscuredview.blogspot.com
Callico
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Proud Dad of a US Marine!

Email

« Reply #11 on: Jan 11th, 2004, 12:54am »

The Department of Defense has a division that does nothing but prepare plans for the invasion or the defense against invasion of virtually any country in the world.  They are reviewed and brought to the President's attention on a regular basis.  We even have contingency plans to fight such countries as Canada, Great Britain, Mexico, etc. etc.  They are not expected nor wanted to be employed, but they exist and are reviewed, even practiced in warg games.

I'm sure that President Bush had in mind the need to deal with Saddam, and as a result paid a little more attention to him than he did to Canada, Grin  but I doubt he went into office determined to attack.  I do believe he went into office determined to enforce the cease fire agreement that Saddam had been violating for 14 years, and to hold the UN responsible to enforce the 17 resolutions they had made against Iraq for egregious violations.  

Whether or not O'Neal is right, and I doubt it, I could not be prouder of the job our military has done in Iraq, nor could I be more gratified by the freeing of the Iraqi people.

Jerry
IP Logged

"When He acts on the left, I cannot behold Him; He turns on the right I cannot see Him. But He knows the way that I take; when He has tried me I shall come forth as gold." Job23:9,10
KenB
New Board Veteran
Ireland 

Sometimes it feels like this

Email

« Reply #12 on: Jan 12th, 2004, 4:22am »

Before I start this post please note the following:

I do not support terrorism
I do not sympathise with Saddam (in fact I hope they hang him from his toenails)
I am not anti-american

OK?  Let's begin.......................

The US weapons inspectors have been withdrawn without finding a WMD.   Regardless of what the current situation is I don't think it's right to try and retrospectively justify a war.  Bush clearly stated that he felt Iraq was a clear and present danger due to the existence of WMD's.  Where are they?  If he had been up front and honest from the start about his motivation for war he might have earned a lot more respect.  Now, as far as I'm concerned, he's just a muppet.
IP Logged

Who was the first person to realise you could get milk from a cow - and what did he think he was doing at the time?
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss