Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 19th, 2024, 2:12pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Not the tree I used ta be............. »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Not the tree I used ta be.............
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Not the tree I used ta be.............  (Read 393 times)
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

Not the tree I used ta be.............
« on: Dec 14th, 2004, 8:44pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Drug the tree downstairs fineally and fought thru the closet to get decorations all out.......got everything decorated. Third time I plugged in the tree half the single strand of 50 lights went "out". WTF ?? Brad new strand....had this happen several times before. Brad ended up CUTTIN the dam things off the tree verses takein everything off again !!!! He checked the wires and half way thru the strand the wires were DEAD. No reason....nothin moved em or touched em....they jus crapped out. Cheap ass shit.....don't ya jus LOVE the holidays. Bah humbug of a half lit tree Pam  

Thought I'd share this lame ass story.......what a pain tho ! And alot of hobblein on broken foot to do it all..........wasted pain.
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

Re: Not the tree I used ta be.............
« Reply #1 on: Dec 14th, 2004, 8:49pm »

so you DID break your foot?
bummer.
kickin' Brad's a$$? laugh
IP Logged

never, Never, NEVER quit. -Winston Churchill
don

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 14th, 2004, 8:52pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Could be worse.

IP Logged
Jeepgun

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 15th, 2004, 8:20am »

You mean those high-quality state of the art Chinese-made lights aren't holding up?  Shocked I am simply shocked and amazed...  Cool laugh
IP Logged
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

withered branches grow green again.

« Reply #4 on: Dec 15th, 2004, 8:32am »

on Dec 14th, 2004, 8:44pm, cootie wrote:
half the single strand of 50 lights went "out". WTF ?? Brad new strand....had this happen several times before. Brad ended up CUTTIN the dam things off the tree verses takein everything off again !!!

Twinkle twinkle little light
Or I'll cut you up 'fore Christmas night

Kevin M
IP Logged
Melissa

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 15th, 2004, 8:39am »

Ok, last week Thursday was the day I was gonna make a couple margaritas, listen to some Christmas music and decorate the tree.  First off, I started with the first strand of lights, well I got the strand about 1/2 way round the tree, and thought to myself what a dumbass I am for not plugging them in first (no music or margaritas yet).  I plug them in, and wouldn't you know it, 1/2 the strand is lit.  I go to take them off and the fucking tree tips over.  I try straightening it, also with pliers, pinched my fingers twice and was holding it all in from cussing really really loud (since my daughter was right there with me).  So, I get pissed off, unscrew the thingys, take the tree outta it's stand and run down to the basement to get a different one.  I finally was able to put it in the different stand, and it tips again (hubby cut the stump at a sharp angle Roll Eyes).  I pull it forward so it "sticks" into place.  Figured as long as nobody pushes on it, it'll be alright.  I then attempt to test the other strands of lights I have.  Well, I have one strand that I usually use which all lights up, so I go ahead and put them on the tree.  I then have a bottom part of the tree that is unlit, so I go to test 2 other strands.  They were different colors and the one strand that I can use, the 1/2 lit one, so I say fuck it, and wrap the lit part around the bottom of the tree and then coil the rest, unlit, strands, use a twist tie and hide the unlit part by tucking it in the back.  I did get the star wired to the top of the tree, as there was no topper to hold it in place, and the damn thing still looks crooked.  Oh well, needless to say I didn't have a margarita or any Christmas music that night.  Instead I went out for a cig and played puter games.  I put the bulbs on 2 days later...

Happy Freakin Holidays

Grin

edited to add, LMFAO Kevin
« Last Edit: Dec 15th, 2004, 8:42am by Melissa » IP Logged
Langa
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

So many donuts, such little time...

« Reply #6 on: Dec 15th, 2004, 8:51am »

on Dec 14th, 2004, 8:52pm, don wrote:
Could be worse.

I honestly never thought it could be THIS much worse...that's just downright sad!  Undecided

LOL!  laugh
IP Logged

When you saw only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.
TomM
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 15th, 2004, 9:21am »

Come on people, lighten up! It's the holidays...
Tortuga 151 rum in my Egg Nog and hot cider does the trick for me!
IP Logged

"Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll go fishing."
--Thoreau--
kimh
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

What don't kill ya makes ya stronger

Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 15th, 2004, 9:33am »

LOL Grin  Tis the season laugh

Tree is up.  Decorating tonight.  I've decided to drink the rum B4 decorating - no matter what happens, things will be a-glow Cheesy  Who knows, maybe i'll even have a shot of yegameister - my shoes could be hangin from the tree by this time tomorrow.

Happy freakin Holidays .......yup Grin
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #9 on: Dec 15th, 2004, 9:52am »

Coots...you...must...take...care...of...yourself! Screw the lights! Throw a few handfuls of tinsel at it from the chair your RESTING on.
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: Dec 15th, 2004, 5:05pm »

Ok Ted Who is TED now... dont read this because I AM GOING TO WHINE...........  
  My tree decorating "happening" started by me waking up  in the morning and discovering that the diamond in my wedding band was gone. I caught the damn thing and thought it was ok... went about my cleaning etc... and it fell out at some point........... Then the cat came upstairs with the hampster in its mouth........... thank God it was still alive.  Watched the news to my dismay 2 helo's crashed that day in Iraq..... but decided not to get in a tizzie like last time... No news is good news so if I dont get a knock on the door Scott is ok...Then I find out Sean wasnt coming home for Christmas either. He gave Christmas to one of the guys that has kids being the guy that he is.  So...
I decide to decorate maybe that will change my mood. Of course Breezy didnt want to help... (jr bah humbuger)Dave took down the tree for me and went to work... Decorations etc...  None of the lights worked as every year...((( I have decided Christmas lights are allergic to my attick...))) so I would have a naked tree til the next day............ We get up, go to Target to get new lights... Dave picks em out I dont look at them......get em home and notice that they have white wires on them... put them on the tree...of course they look stupid because the white wires show up on the green tree... (((dumb design)))Now the naked tree is still naked... I am working so it remains naked another day....... Third day, I go to buy lights and all the ones with alot of white lights and GREEN wire are all gone...so I have to go through all the lights in the store and finally settle for 4 small sets of lights and will have to put them all together to make a trees worth of lights..........I get the lights on and the beaded garland. As I start to take the ornaments out of the box I realize this isnt a good idea........ tears a flowing as I go through 28 years of 1st ornaments, home made hand ornaments, football, pictures, the very first star on the tree when I was married to the boys dad etc etc etc... I just about had a nervous breakdown. I then decided to have a more upbeat tree and left alot of that stuff in the box....... Friends have actually said you SHOULD have put those things out... I just can't.  We brought the wreaths up stairs too... I just don't feel like decorating. Donning my tree top is a huge yellow ribbon under the star.This is not the tree it used to be for sure.  Got a call from the jewlery store... they put a diamond in to replace the one lost.  The hampster is fine.  Our tree sparkles.  But still a lonely mom and Nana sits and waits for her family to feel complete again.  thanks for letting me share this... next year I think I will volunteer somewhere that I will be needed and can put this emotion to use...... ree
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: Dec 15th, 2004, 5:17pm »

Ree I think you are really brave carrying on each day and I admire you greatly. I think it will also be a HUGE comfort to Sean to imagine you all doing all the familiar things he remembers from all the other family Christmases so carry on as you are, stick your chin out and raise a glass to him with love and thanks from all of us. I can guarantee you that at 5pm on Christmas day my time I shall do just that and I hope you'll join me! I think that will be about midday for you so not too early for a toast.  
lots of love
Helen
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #12 on: Dec 15th, 2004, 9:00pm »

Yer all alive and well tho Ree......that's a good thing. Bet it is hard on ya.....sorry. Best wishes to all your family and staying safe vibes.

Did you know that if you handle the Xmas light wires you WILL be in contact with LEAD ? Is this some sorta made in china dumb Xmas joke ? I bout shit when I read that on the info sheet for the lights that went HALF OUT HALF ON. I have several sets upstairs that did the same thing......only saved em for the spare bulbs. Problem is the dam things will work for a few days and then POOF.....a half lit tree for all to see. Whats up with that. Brad got curious and ran tests on the strand. Half way thru the 3'd wire connects and that's where it BLOWS. Oh and by the way.....I can't use tensile cuz I have cats.....they eat it and poop it and dangle it out there ass then try to RUN from it.......actually it can tangle in there bowels and kill em. I use glittery little plastic bulbs.....cats swipe em off the tree and when you hear the crunch under yer foot you WILL feel a pain soon after if glass. So....we have a very cat-friendly Xmas. Brad put on the new lights for me and kinda got things mussed up......why can't men see where things go like woman do. But hey.....it's up.....it's done. Now if he'd jus do the Xmas cards....bakeing and finish shopping and wrap everything I'd be real happy. Holly hobble hop Pam  Cool

PS: It also stated on the lights info sheet that you aren't supposed to have more then 2 or 3 strands plugged into each other....fire hazard. Matter fact all the warnings and lead warning all added up to......DANGER DO NOT USE.
« Last Edit: Dec 15th, 2004, 9:05pm by cootie » IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

Jeepgun

Email

« Reply #13 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 9:21am »

ROFL, Pam! I was talking to my younger brother the other night on the phone. He was walking outside to turn off the Christmas lights and suddenly yells, "O HOLY SHIT!!! (not 'O Holy Night' ) LOL! "I just got electrocuted!!" We had been in the middle of playing an on-line adventure game, (Neverwinter Nights) and I thought he was talking about the game, so I said, "How much damage did it do?" He's like, "What the fuck are you talking about? I just got honestly electrocuted!" I said, "Are you okay?" He said, "No, you fucker!! I just got fuckin' electrocuted!" I said, "That can't be very good for your health, man..." He yelled, "NO SHIT!! Dude, my hands are numb!" Meanwhile, I'm just laughing my head off, and he's yelling, "It's NOT FUNNY!! Owwwww, shit..."

laugh

Ree... I have tears in my eyes... Hang in there, Luv. I know it isn't easy for you.  Cry hug Keeping you and your boys in my thoughts and prayers...

-Frank
IP Logged
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #14 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 11:02am »

Hey Jeep....yer brother jus got himself a good bumpstart that's all......gettin the ole ticker in tune. Long as he didn't get any burns on his hands tho.....yeow. Rank 'Zappa' Pam

I am afriad to unplug my Xmas tree lights now fer fear these ones will also do the 'blow out special'....got both strands same time. And I've had enuff lead exposure for the week puttin em on.
IP Logged

Jeepgun

Email

« Reply #15 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 3:25pm »

LOL, Pam! After about ten minutes of solid swearing and whining, he was okay, but lord.. I laughed until I had tears rolling down my face! LOL!
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss