Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 17th, 2024, 7:39am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Lasik, a question... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Lasik, a question...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Lasik, a question...  (Read 373 times)
Hirvimaki
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Quod me nutrit me destruit.

3978676 3978676   frotteur   hirvimaki
WWW Email

Lasik, a question...
« on: Dec 15th, 2004, 3:57pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Has anyone out there had Lasik or a similar procedure performed? My insurance just started offering coverage on this and I'm curious as to other's experiences with it.

Thanks in advance,

Hirvimaki-Isi
IP Logged

"What makes us discontented with our condition is the absurdly exaggerated idea we have of the happiness of others."

eddie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

PFDAN TO ALL

Re: Lasik, a question...
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15th, 2004, 4:02pm »

i have ask that very same ???
i think it makes bloodpressure meds work better?
i dunno  
IP Logged

PFDAN TO ALL>><< http://www.putfile.com/ededearl>>><music> http://www.myspace.com/pamneddie
Jonny

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 15th, 2004, 4:04pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Not first hand, but my partners kid had it done (24 yrs old) about a year ago and said it was the best money he ever spent.....the kid paid out of pocket......$3,200

......................................jonny
IP Logged
Melissa

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 15th, 2004, 4:06pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Dec 15th, 2004, 4:02pm, eddie wrote:
i have ask that very same ???
i think it makes bloodpressure meds work better?
i dunno  

Eddie, I think Hirv is talkin about the eye surgery...

Anyhoo, I want to get it done myself, but I'm concerned about my right eye going right back to the way it is due to eye nerve damage (same side as my ch's.  my eyesight in my right eye gets worse every year.) Sad
IP Logged
TomM
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 15th, 2004, 4:07pm »

My wife is a med mal attorney...I would not do it.
TomM
IP Logged

"Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll go fishing."
--Thoreau--
eddie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

PFDAN TO ALL

« Reply #5 on: Dec 15th, 2004, 4:37pm »

thanks for setting me straight on that Mel
my dad had it done along time ago,  
after awhile it got worse.  

eddie
IP Logged

PFDAN TO ALL>><< http://www.putfile.com/ededearl>>><music> http://www.myspace.com/pamneddie
Hirvimaki
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 15th, 2004, 4:46pm »

on Dec 15th, 2004, 4:07pm, TomM wrote:
My wife is a med mal attorney...I would not do it.
TomM

Explicate, please. Details, man! I want details!

Hirvimaki-Isi
IP Logged

"What makes us discontented with our condition is the absurdly exaggerated idea we have of the happiness of others."

Not4Hire
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

...WAS PF since Oct.'02, but ...oh my...(CBusters)

Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 8:05am »

Hirv.... yes, I had Lasik in the spring of 2000 in Lima, Peru where I was working at the time. I was a bit apprehensive but I did some major research beforehand and I must say that I'm glad I did it.  

The doctor was one of the pioneers of the operation, studied at John Hopkins and Harvard, and his operation was clean and REAL cheap (like me).  I paid $1,200.00 for both eyes, was seeing SUPER clearly (like 20-10) after about ten days and this stabilized at better than 20-20.  

My night vision is still a bit *starry* (car lights and stuff) but I had 20- 200 to 20-300 vision before and I never could see that well. I had my eyes checked by my 'Murican doctor before and after and he said I was in excellent shape optically after the op. I'm very pleased with the results and although I'm sure it was a coincidence, missed my CH cycle that year.  I was hoping I'd FIXED the MOFO, but alas they came back.

Of course I had ( still don't) no recourse if things went to hell re malpractice, but all in all, a GOOD thing.  

If the price is $3200, I'd seriously consider buying a plane ticket...anyway, good luck.
IP Logged

Mantra: This will NOT kill me...This will not KILL me... This will not kill ME...
Renee
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

May we all find some pf time!  Is it summer yet?

Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 8:30am »

Several in my family have had the procedure.  All are very happy with the results and, as NT4 stated, the only side effect is at night when they look at bright lights.  The lights look a bit starry.
IP Logged

23 years of battling the beast, 9 years chronic......uneducated docs/nurses make me irate.
The fungus among us is for real!

Hirvimaki
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 9:10am »

on Dec 16th, 2004, 8:05am, Not4Hire wrote:
If the price is $3200, I'd seriously consider buying a plane ticket...

The reason I am even looking into it is that, as I stated, my insurance just starting covering this procedure - not the full amount, but about 70% of it.

Thank you all for your input!

Hirvimaki-Isi
IP Logged

cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #10 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 11:08am »

A frend just had it done......he was shocked it only took so many seconds or couple minutes per eye depending. He is glad he had it done. Know a few others that also had it done and glad they did it and don't need glasses....there are cases that may need redone thru time.

But on the other hand....I'd NEVER let a foreign doc touch me......a freind of my mom's daughter went to Canada to have it done....cheaper.....she is blind now cuz they fucked up. Make sure the doc you go to has a GOOD to excellent track record and has done the procedure routinely. Should be safe and sound with that. Fuzzy vision-ier Pam
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #11 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 2:18pm »

on Dec 16th, 2004, 11:08am, cootie wrote:

But on the other hand....I'd NEVER let a foreign doc touch me......a freind of my mom's daughter Huh? LMAO. Your mom's daughter would be you, right? So that would be your friend, right? went to Canada to have it done....cheaper.....she is blind now cuz they fucked up.

The doctor probably would have screwed up even if he were in any other country. A bad doctor is a bad doctor no matter where she/he is.
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
TomM
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #12 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 3:59pm »

on Dec 16th, 2004, 11:08am, cootie wrote:
.....she is blind now cuz they fucked up. Fuzzy vision-ier Pam  

Hirv---that is why I would never do it. My eyes are too precious. My wife has had a few clients b/c of this. No more details needed.
Tom
IP Logged

--Thoreau--
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #13 on: Dec 17th, 2004, 1:02am »

Um.....what I ment was a freind of my mom has a daughter that had the surgery done....ok....better ? Guess the doc screw'd up and the lazer hit the nerve behind the eye accidentally......his aim was off so to speak but either way it ended up TRAGIC. The girl was only bout 17 or 18....family went with her and she saved alot of money. Sad sad story. A hospital not far from us gave the wrong eye drops recently for after care of catarac surgery and caused alot of serious eye problems and some blindness....they thought the drops they gave out were the same but had run out of what they normally give....used a generic which was NOT the same. So....accidents CAN happen......ya jus don't wanna be at the wrong place at the wrong time Pam
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

Mr. Happy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I can do it, it ain't art.

6108764393 6108764393   Randy   Piscatorus
WWW Email

« Reply #14 on: Dec 17th, 2004, 1:28am »

I'm 20/400, and a candidate, but I like wearing glasses, because they keep sticks and other pointy objects out of my eyes. Like lasers.  
Glasses are a bit of a pain in the nose, but they're cheap, they won't (usually) make you go blind, and the Foto-grays are O-So-Useful.

It also helps if you don't give a fuck what you look like,
RJ
IP Logged

May those who don't want any
Have memories of never getting any.
TomM
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #15 on: Dec 17th, 2004, 9:05am »

on Dec 17th, 2004, 1:28am, Mr. Happy wrote:
I like wearing glasses, because they keep sticks and other pointy objects out of my eyes. Like lasers and nipples.
Had to go there, Hap.  

on Dec 17th, 2004, 1:28am, Mr. Happy wrote:

It also helps if you don't give a fuck what you look like,
RJ
 laugh laugh

IP Logged

--Thoreau--
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss