Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 19th, 2024, 4:01pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « I AM FED UP »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   I AM FED UP
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: I AM FED UP  (Read 349 times)
toddswill

Email

I AM FED UP
« on: Dec 15th, 2004, 9:22pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I am going on eight weeks of this bullshit! I was in Aruba and got hit every day! luckily there is a first aid station there almost like a minny er, the emt in charge let me have as much o2 as i needed. I thought they wre going away and last night WHAMMO four in a row well two trx shots and two nasal sprays later i am sitting in the basement with a painfully sore head on percs isn't life grand?

Happy holidays and PFDAN to all
IP Logged
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: I AM FED UP
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15th, 2004, 9:24pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Dude....don't mix triptans!!!!
IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 15th, 2004, 9:25pm »

Man that would be a bummer on vacation.....was worried bout Brad startin back up while in Myrtle this fall......it'd of been the end of vacation as we know it Pam  

Hope ya get PF reallly soon.....then maybe you can go back and REALLY enjoy the trip ?? Prolly not ech ? Sorry.
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

toddswill

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 15th, 2004, 9:30pm »

I know mixing the nasal and the shots were not smart but I was at my wits end especially not being able to sleep for the last three nights.
IP Logged
marlin
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #4 on: Dec 15th, 2004, 9:30pm »

You talkin about it makes my head hurt.  Just blows.  And in Aruba to boot.  Shit.  If you haven't tried the pred taper you may want to.  I know it's a f'ed up med but it broke my last cycle instantly.  Good luck and see a doc.
IP Logged
Sean_C

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 15th, 2004, 9:33pm »

The perc's will make ya rebound, but its entirely up to you.

Sean.........................
IP Logged
toddswill

Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 15th, 2004, 9:37pm »

i am going to the doc tomorow hopefully he will give me pred and as far as the percs i know the rebounds are not far off i just don't have any solutions right now.
IP Logged
Sean_C

Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 15th, 2004, 9:48pm »

And the perc's are? Stick to the O2, preventatives and abortives. Don't fall victem to the script junk, you don't need it bro.

peace

sean............................
« Last Edit: Dec 15th, 2004, 9:53pm by Sean_C » IP Logged
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #8 on: Dec 15th, 2004, 11:20pm »

on Dec 15th, 2004, 9:30pm, toddswill wrote:
I know mixing the nasal and the shots were not smart but I was at my wits end especially not being able to sleep for the last three nights.

Mixing shots with snorts with tabs won't hurt you as long as they are all the same medication, ie imitrex and as long as you don't overdose.  What is meant by Don't Mix Triptans is mixing different brands, like Zomig, Imitrex, relpax, etc.

Maxalt (rizatriptan), Zomig (zolmitriptan), Imitrex (sumitriptan), Amerge (naratriptan), Relpax (eletriptan), Axert (almotriptan), Frova (frovatriptan) and meds containing ergotamine are dangerous to take within 24 hours of each other.   Mixing triptans can cause serious cardiac problems.  If you switch from one to another, you need to wait at least 24 hours between the two different meds.  

Narcotics won't help your pain much, if at all and will cause you more pain in the form of rebounds.  There are many different things that have worked for people without medication.  Check out this link:

http://www.clusterheadaches.org/resources/non_script_treat.htm

Sorry you have to be suffering this right now, but it will end.  A lot of people get slammed the hardest just before their cycle ends.  Kind of like the last great act of defiance by the beast.  Hang in there.  Vent here if you need to.

PF wishes for you,

Gator
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #9 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 12:18am »

Sorry you're having such a hard time.  hug
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #10 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 12:22am »

Damn.  

This will get better. You have to know that. It is shitty and I know how you feel.   Angry

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
WhoIsTedNow

Email

« Reply #11 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 12:30am »

I can imagine how bad it must have been in Aruba. And those orphans in Iraq think they have something to complain about?
IP Logged
K-9
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #12 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 2:08am »

Be tough, it'll get better soon!!!
IP Logged
becky8

Email

« Reply #13 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 9:31am »

hang on, hopfully your cycle will be ending here soon! Wishing you much better days to come and a PF Christmas!! hug hug
IP Logged
Jeepgun

Email

« Reply #14 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 9:41am »

Hang tough, man. Beat that beast until your knuckles are bloody! You'll be through with this cycle soon. Just hang on tight.

-Frank
IP Logged
toddswill

Email

« Reply #15 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 11:55am »

To all of those who understand my plight thank you for hearing me out and supporting me. It means alot to have someone who understands what you are going through. Happy holidays.
IP Logged
Jonny

Email

« Reply #16 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 6:52pm »

on Dec 16th, 2004, 11:55am, toddswill wrote:
To all of those who understand my plight thank you for hearing me out and supporting me. It means alot to have someone who understands what you are going through. Happy holidays.

Todd,

This is Clusterville, there is noone that knows what you deal with better than this family, a doctor would have to have CH to really understand what you go through.

DJ built this website so he could see the day that he would read your quote above.

Hang in there bro......the family is always here for you!!

...........................................jonny
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss