Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 12:37am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Re: how Long? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Re: how Long?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Re: how Long?  (Read 2055 times)
Jeepgun

Email

« Reply #25 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 3:17pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Dec 16th, 2004, 2:11pm, exhausted wrote:
I ask the questions you give the answers...none of you are doctors and none are experts.

If years and years of suffering, trying various treatments, and having first-hand experience doesn't make us experts, then why are you even bothering to come here in the first place?

"I ask the questions and you give the answers," is a real shitty attitude, and is guaranteed to get you off to a very bad start, here. You asked questions and people were patient and provided support, care, and answers. If you don't provide accurate and complete information, you are going to get inaccurate and incomplete answers. GIGO.

Try being less circumspect and confrontational. You just might find that people are more willing to help than you seem to believe.

Cheers,
-Frank
IP Logged
Margi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

« Reply #26 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 3:44pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

you attacked me and have attacked my girlfrined in the past

your "girlfrined"'s name wouldn't happen to be Marie would it?

IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #27 on: Dec 17th, 2004, 1:19am »

There are always gaps between cluster hits. They will subside quickly and start up later....perhaps minutes, hours or days while in cycle. There has never been an instance of uninterrupted cluster attacks lasting as long as you say. I doubt anyone could stand it.  

Perhaps you mean that these attacks come and go over this period of time with some periods of considerably lesser pain rather than completely uninterrupted.  

One good way to be pretty sure they are clusters is that they will wake one out of a sound sleep. Also, no one can lie down or rest during an attack. If that's the case, they almost certainly aren't clusters

There is a lot of information here and I encourage you to look it over. Please come back and let us know how you are doing.

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Carl_D

Email

« Reply #28 on: Dec 17th, 2004, 2:49am »

I might be shot by everybody for saying this but...

It IS possible that what could be happening is your girlfriend gets hit with a level 10 attack, but then it reduces to a heavy shadow, around a level 3-5. For some cluster sufferers this is the case, and they are never really pain free in a cycle.  

However, if it is peak pain for the entire 10 hours, then it is not cluster, though the symptoms may be mimmicking CH, it could be any various form of migraine.  
The pain meds, anti depressants and Xanax (anti anxiety) will have no effect on a cluster. Only an abortive such as o2 breathed at 10-15 litres for about 10-20 minutes, or a Triptan such as Imitrex, Relpax, Zomig, Axert, etc. I have had clusters for 17 years and in that time, the longest one has ever lasted was 4 hours - and that only happened twice. They usually clock in at about 45 minutes to an hour and a half.

Exhausted... there are alot of good people here giving you good advice. However, your lack of info is raising the red flags that this isn' CH but another form of headache. I'm sure a doctor may have told your girlfriend she has Clusters. But there are alot of people who DON'T have clusters that are diagnosed as having them, and then others who DO have them but don't know what it is. In any case, if you're girlfriend has not had an MRI, she needs to ASAP to rule out a possible tumor.  

Peace,
Carl D
IP Logged
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #29 on: Dec 17th, 2004, 3:32am »

to the morons and judgemental cretins...I am a male alwyas have been and I ask the questions you give the answers...none of you are doctors and none are experts.
I am not rude unless attacked, you attacked me and have attacked my girlfrined in the past, her and I just talked about it and she told me as much as to who would be supportive and who wouldnt be....and she got it right regarding who would help.

thanks to those that can read

Who the FUCK do you think you are, coming into MY house and asking questions without giving ANY information to base an answer on and then come off with an attitude like that?

Seems to me that if you were worried one iota about someone's health, you would be falling all over yourself to give us the info we need to give an intelligent answer.

And if we are not intelligent enough to answer your questions as you seem to feel, then why come here and ask in the first place?

You want to ask the questions?  Ask me where the door is bi+ch.

Gator
IP Logged
marieinthesprings
New Board Newbie
USA 

2 the world U R 1 person,2 1person U R the world

« Reply #30 on: Dec 17th, 2004, 5:20am »

on Dec 16th, 2004, 3:44pm, Margi wrote:

your "girlfrined"'s name wouldn't happen to be Marie would it?

why do u think it was me.............or are u talking about another Marie????? Not nice dropping names......and nope not me, i have a husband not a boyfriend and i ask my own questions.........cheers...........Marie
IP Logged
Margi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

« Reply #31 on: Dec 17th, 2004, 9:36am »

nope, sorry Marieinthesprings, I was referring to another "Marie" of a time long ago and far away.  Sorry for the confusion, I didn't mean you.  The other Marie also posted as "August", etc.
IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
john_d

Email

« Reply #32 on: Dec 17th, 2004, 10:08am »

me thinks the troll has vacated the thread
IP Logged
Donna_D.
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

OUCH needs volunteers

smileyone1968@yahoo.com  
WWW Email

« Reply #33 on: Dec 17th, 2004, 8:28pm »

on Dec 17th, 2004, 10:08am, john_d wrote:
me thinks the troll has vacated the thread

Darn, and I had my stick all sharpened up!

DD
IP Logged

The information contained above is for the expressed use of fellow clusterheads and their supporters. Any misuse of this information by any of my "Ex's" is considered to be creepy and a form of harassment and will be duly noted by the ch.com webmaster Tongue
exhausted
New Board Newbie
USA 

I'm new...please give me some time

« Reply #34 on: Dec 29th, 2004, 10:59am »

thanks for the input
IP Logged
john_d

Email

« Reply #35 on: Dec 29th, 2004, 11:45am »

on Dec 29th, 2004, 10:59am, exhausted wrote:
thanks for the input

crackup
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss