Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 17th, 2024, 6:11am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « What doesnt kill us makes us stronger?? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   What doesnt kill us makes us stronger??
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: What doesnt kill us makes us stronger??  (Read 324 times)
marieinthesprings
New Board Newbie
USA 

2 the world U R 1 person,2 1person U R the world

What doesnt kill us makes us stronger??
« on: Dec 17th, 2004, 4:36am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Moring all....I have been on pred. for 5 pf days now Smiley, i am afraid of what will happen when my 10 days are over Sad...So does anyone believe these words of wisdom?  What doesn't kill us makes us stronger? Does anyone gain strength from the beasts rage? I know he wears me right down, can't seem to find the positive in this lesson of life.  Anyone ever wonder what is going to kill us clusterheads? Is it going to be the unexplained BS that goes on in our heads every time the beast rears its ugly head? Or maybe all the meds? How about we just do ourself in cuz the years of pain did not make us more strong???  Sorry I am being such a downer...Can't understand why we are picked to suffer with these stupid ha's...........wish everyone a new year of pf days..........cheers...Marie
IP Logged
net5354
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: What doesnt kill us makes us stronger??
« Reply #1 on: Dec 17th, 2004, 5:04am »

I just started a post parallel to yours on this section of the message board.  Just saw yours too.  Read mine if you have time?

I tried preds - they didn't help at all.  In fact, I thought it made them worse, along with the preds side effects and the fact you can't stay on them.

Elivel(sp?) wiped me out.

Going to try to sleep now.
IP Logged
Lobster
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #2 on: Dec 17th, 2004, 7:54am »

Sorry you two are being hammered.

I only use Pred for 5-6 days until my primary prevent, Topamax, kicks in.  

For myself, Pred alone will not do the trick for an episode.
IP Logged

Rock beats Scissors.
Jeepgun

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 17th, 2004, 8:32am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Marie, I wish there were a "why," so that maybe a true cure could be found, or at least, a starting point... I often think that if I could take on everyones' pain I would gladly do so, just so that no one else would have to suffer with these things...  Cry

Please keep on hanging in there. CH will not kill you unless you give in. Often, when we are in deep pain, we dwell very closely with our own demise. It's never a thought that is all that far away...  Undecided Anyway, I hope that you get some pain-free time and some real relief from the attacks. My best to you.

-Frank
IP Logged
vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 17th, 2004, 10:37am »

Elavil (Amitrypaline) wiped me out too, in many ways.
Good luck to both of you!
Yes, we DO get stronger!!!!!
IP Logged

never, Never, NEVER quit. -Winston Churchill
becky8

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 17th, 2004, 10:45am »

On your Pf days try NOT to think about it, I know its hard and I did the same thing. I didn't even get on these boards just because I didn't want a reminder!! I am doing good but I know that tomorrow could be different (I'm chronic) but I can't ....no I refuse to live like that anymore. Hang on, hug hug everyday is different!! We just have to go day by day, but at least we got each other,RIGHT?
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #6 on: Dec 17th, 2004, 11:13am »

We are the strongest people I have ever come across! Sometimes it's hard to stay strong when we're being invaded by this beast. That's why we come here. We can hold each other up. Hang in there... hug
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Ruth
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 17th, 2004, 11:30am »

Reality is, I am not sure if we get stronger, but we do learn to appreciate the good times and the pain free times in our lives, maybe more so than those that do not suffer from CH.  
CH is only one part of our lives, we still have to deal with all of the other things that life throws are way.While in cycle it seems like thats all that life is about is the pain and getting through it, others that are chronic, don't have the option of pain free periods.
These little qoutes like what doesn't kill us makes us stronger or another one the lord doesn't put more on you than you can handle, well I just have to wonder about that.
You may live through it but I can gaurantee you, you will sing a different tune in the aftermath of the storms.
So for now just weather the storm and be ready when the storm is over to rebuild.

Ruth
IP Logged
marlin
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #8 on: Dec 17th, 2004, 1:29pm »

I think it makes you stronger and a better person for facing the beast head on.  You become more compassionate and humble.  You'll get through it.  The pred taper actually knocked my last cycle dead.  It was around 5 weeks in and that's the normal end of my cycle but I was getting HAMMERED HARD when I started taking it so I do think it worked.  Hope it works for you too.
IP Logged
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 17th, 2004, 1:48pm »

I think with every or any 'life threatening' (so to speak) expirience it 'changes you'. Either you become more appreciative of the good times or more paroniod of the worst to come. What 'can' happen 'will' Pam  

PS: Is it jus me or have alot of new people showed up all at once ? Do the majority cycle at the same time ??
« Last Edit: Dec 17th, 2004, 1:49pm by cootie » IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

Melissa

Email

« Reply #10 on: Dec 17th, 2004, 1:54pm »

on Dec 17th, 2004, 1:48pm, cootie wrote:

PS: Is it jus me or have alot of new people showed up all at once ? Do the majority cycle at the same time ??  

Yuppers.  I can't remember which months are the most active in the guestbook (I knew them when I counted the number of entries for DJ), but I think Dec. was one of them.  There are majorities of people with cycles during certain times of the year.

IP Logged
Jeepgun

Email

« Reply #11 on: Dec 17th, 2004, 2:25pm »

Autumn and early spring are big ones too.  Sad
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss