Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 7th, 2024, 3:30pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Sad news after a great night »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Sad news after a great night
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Sad news after a great night  (Read 341 times)
Carl_D

Email

Sad news after a great night
« on: Dec 18th, 2004, 5:52pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Last night I was kidnapped by friends and went to my first concert in over 2 1/2 years. The best part was, We had good seats so I didn't have to try and stand up, and only had heavy shadows for half the show. Got hit a little while before we got to the venue, so I'm glad it was a midnight show. Saw the band "Scissor Sisters" perform at the Pagaent in St Louis, and they put on a great show. I was very impressed (which is hard to do beings I'm a picky musician.)

I got the news today that my aunt Diane passed away early this morning. Her body had already began shutting down on her Thursday and they pulled her off of life support, so we knew it was only a matter of time. So I'll be with family the next couple of days. The wake is Monday and the funeral Tuesday morning. I really feel bad for my cousins, because I know how hard this is being so close to Christmas.  
I told my sis in law, I don't know if anyone else in my family had noticed this or not, but everyone in my family either dies on a tuesday, or is buried on Tuesday morning. The same was true with both of my parents. Just one of those weird things only I think about, I guess. Sometimes I think I think too much, I think.  

Peace & love,
Carl D
IP Logged
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

Re: Sad news after a great night
« Reply #1 on: Dec 18th, 2004, 5:58pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

hug I'm sorry to hear about your aunt, hope you can all get through it
Take care
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 18th, 2004, 6:04pm »

She is out of her suffereing now Carl.  She's moved on to where she belongs at this time.  

Find peace in this friend.

Cry
IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #3 on: Dec 18th, 2004, 6:23pm »

Carl, I'm so sorry about your loss. She is in a better place. Hang tough, friend.  hug
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Ruth
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 18th, 2004, 7:35pm »

hug
This is for you Carl and the cousins.

Ruth
IP Logged
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 18th, 2004, 10:09pm »

Sorry about your aunt Carl.....sometimes I think this sort of thing is harder on friends and family then it is the actual one dieing. Myself....I think funeral are morbid and drag things out way too long. Glad you had a good time at the concert.....you needed that. Let the good times roll and the old times go Pam
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 19th, 2004, 12:29am »

Rats.

Sorry about this Carl. It seems you never get a break from one thing or another. This however...no matter how you feel, gets a little better over time....It really does.  

Hope you manage to enjoy Christmas anyway.

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Carl_D

Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 19th, 2004, 2:25pm »

Thanks guys. It seems this year has been pretty rough with losing loved ones. Had a friend beat to death Thanksgiving week - kind of blurs why we even celebrate. I guess it is for those around us, and also to remind to hold on to those we have, because you just don't know what you've got until it's gone.  

Has been keeping me asking those eternal questions of, is this really all there is, and when we die we simply cease to exist as we did before coming into this world, or if there truly is an eternity, and a heaven and a hell. If it all comes true, I hope that those who suffer here do not in the afterlife, and for the unmerciful bastards that will behead someone without batting an eye.,..there ain't a hell that can burn hot enough!

Peace,
Carl D

P.S. - I think I've scared everyone that knows me. I've gone to church 3 times in the past month....  Shocked
IP Logged
Luke63
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

For sale:  1 BIG BARKING  HEAD   Price: Free

Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 19th, 2004, 6:04pm »

You carry on. That's all...you go forward.     Luke
IP Logged

I think we should all get together and do a movie..."Night of The Clusterheads". George Romero would have nothing on us!!!
Jeepgun

Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 20th, 2004, 10:02am »

hug
IP Logged
vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: Dec 20th, 2004, 10:05am »

Time for an Irish Funeral!
Celebrate the wonderful life she shared with you!
IP Logged

never, Never, NEVER quit. -Winston Churchill
ExplodingEyeBall
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I can't think of anything clever to put here.

« Reply #11 on: Dec 20th, 2004, 10:12am »

Carl sorry to hear about your Aunt. This is not a good time of year to have to be going throught funerals and arrangements and all of the stuff involved.

I'm sending my best wishes to you and your family.

I'm glad you got to enjoy the concert. I understand what you mean about the picky musician thing. I have to go and see bands like 'Dream Theater' and 'Yes' to satisy my musical needs.

I just heard scissor sisters for the first time on TV a few nights ago. I was pretty impressed with them.

Well... Be there for the cousins and other relatives and hang in there.

PFDAN to you.

Pat
« Last Edit: Dec 20th, 2004, 10:12am by ExplodingEyeBall » IP Logged

Just poke out my eye and get it over with!!!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss