Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 7th, 2024, 9:56am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Horrific News Story »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Horrific News Story
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Horrific News Story  (Read 390 times)
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

Horrific News Story
« on: Dec 18th, 2004, 6:05pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have just read this on NTL news, has anyone else heard this report? Is it true? If it is it has to be simply the most horrifying thing I have ever heard

Quote:
A woman has been arrested in the US after a baby girl was taken from her dead mother's womb. The baby has now been rescued alive and well.

Bobbi Jo Stinnett, who was eight months pregnant, was found dead at her home in Missouri on Thursday. Her unborn daughter had been removed and detectives say they found the girl a day later in Kansas.

FBI agents tracked down the baby to the town of Melvern where she was found in apparently healthy condition at the home of Kevin and Lisa Montgomery.

Lisa Montgomery, 36, has been named in federal kidnap-murder charges, which carry the death penalty. Agents who made the arrest said Montgomery had told her husband that she had unexpectedly given birth.

The couple have two older children but it is not clear from the document if she is also their mother.

It is not yet known if the child is suffering any ill-effects from her traumatic experience although the police say they are confident she is unharmed.
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

Jonny

Email

Re: Horrific News Story
« Reply #1 on: Dec 18th, 2004, 6:09pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

True
IP Logged
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 18th, 2004, 6:13pm »

Bloody hell.
Bloody bloody hell.
I can't decide whether she is the most evil bitch who ever walked or the most insane.
How little life is worth to some.
Praying here - hard.
IP Logged

nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #3 on: Dec 18th, 2004, 6:14pm »

Unfortunately it's true. Even more unfortunately it happens more often than you'd think. There was a case like that here in New Mexico back in the late 80s. The murderer was found mentally ill and is eligible for parole in 2017. The baby and her dad now live in Utah. Things like this just make me ILL.  Angry
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Ruth
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 18th, 2004, 7:38pm »

I haven't been up to watching the news report, but I have seen the headlines on TV
I just have such a hard time with things like this, it just is so crazy and sick the things that happen to people.

Cry
IP Logged
ski2k
New Board Old Timer
USA 

skipolak  
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 18th, 2004, 8:38pm »

Its stories like this that make me not watch or read the news.
sick.....just sick!!!!!!!!!

ski
IP Logged

Here's where I got my RC (Rivea Corymbosa)seeds: I am Shaman
https://www.iamshaman.net/affiliatewiz/aw.aspx?A=1022&Task=Click
Sean_C

Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 18th, 2004, 9:03pm »

She definately has issues. Its unthinkable.
 Huh
Sean.........................
IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 19th, 2004, 12:13am »

It boggles the mind.  Angry

Actually, this is something like the second or third time lately over here. I heard that there have been others elsewhere not all that long ago.  

Geesh.  Sad, so sad.

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 19th, 2004, 12:18am »

Yep,
 Sad but true, right up there with Scott Peterson. If you didn't here about this one Lelimey, this guy murdered his 9mths pregnant wife and weighed her down with concrete blocks then dumped her in the SF bay. Now awaiting delivery to death row.
Sick people out there.  
BB
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
yikes-another-one
New Board Old Timer
USA 

dancenshout2002   joyflheart2004
Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 19th, 2004, 8:24am »

The worst part is that this was a story line on a Soap Opera on TV last year.  A young woman was held in a basement and treated by a mentally ill family until she gave birth....  and then the young daughter pretended to be gaining weight and such until she could snatch the baby.....

IT was horrifying on TV.  
I can't imagine it playing in real life.

We need a service for those desparate people.
The ones who go for abortions, and the ones who really want to raise them....they should be helped,
not persecuted.
IP Logged

Psalm 23 - Goodness and mercy shall follow US all the days of our lives and WE will dwell in the house of LOVE forever.
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: Dec 19th, 2004, 11:27am »

on Dec 19th, 2004, 8:24am, Tetris-addict wrote:
The worst part is that this was a story line on a Soap Opera on TV last year. We need a service for those desparate people.
The ones who go for abortions, and the ones who really want to raise them....they should be helped,
not persecuted.

Some TV companies are completely irresponsible. I could really vent on this but I'm sure you all know what I mean.
I agree with the second statement to a point, if it was possible to arrange for people to have a child and give it up for adoption rather than terminate then that is obviously preferable BUT anyone who resorts to murder to have a child has crossed the line and whilst I can totally accept they are mentally ill in some cases, I cannot accept that anyone with such a low regard for life, ill or not,  deserves to be a parent.
The sad thing isn't just that these things happen, its that people become de-sensitised to it. I hope we never lose our sense of outrage, horror and revulsion.  
Thanks everyone for letting me vent, I'm having a big problem with this as you probably guessed
IP Logged

Carl_D

Email

« Reply #11 on: Dec 19th, 2004, 2:35pm »

It's a sick world after all.

Carl D

P.S. - Something like this happened a few years ago in Urbana, IL. If someone is sick enough to do that for a person, just imagine if they get away how sick that child will be raised to become.
IP Logged
becky8

Email

« Reply #12 on: Dec 19th, 2004, 3:23pm »

Sickos!!!!! Angry Angry
IP Logged
Lizzie2
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"L'Chaim"~Hebre w Toast~"To Life"

Lizzie52004  
Email

« Reply #13 on: Dec 19th, 2004, 3:52pm »

It's like kidney harvesting.  If you ever go to a party and pass out from something in your drink and wake up in a bathtub of ice with ungodly back pain...better make sure they didn't steal your kidneys to sell on the black market!  I know this is always passed around in some sort of dumbass chain letter, but it's happened.

I heard a lot about the baby stealing/mother murder story today because I work in maternity.  We all came to the consensus that this woman had to be completely nuts to do this.  I see some pretty wacko people in the city here sometimes, but I still haven't seen anyone wacko enough or sick enough to do this.  Hope I never run into that kind of person, or I might not be the overly compassionate nurse I'm supposed to be!

Lizzie
IP Logged

jimmers
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hello GOD! The gene pool needs some chlorine!

« Reply #14 on: Dec 19th, 2004, 6:09pm »

I've got a 7mm remington magnum that can solve alot of these problems Angry

seeya,

Jimbo
IP Logged

I don't suffer from INSANITY; I'm enjoying every minute of it!
echo
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Chronic and still alive --- I Win!

« Reply #15 on: Dec 20th, 2004, 10:21am »

True,  

Happened in this area.

Should see a change to the Amber system because of this incident.  Thank God the sheriff didn't back down.
IP Logged

"If you love something, let it go. If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it".

Proud Dad of a US Marine, and a former Marine turned Police Officer.

Sylvan
New Board Veteran
USA 

« Reply #16 on: Dec 20th, 2004, 10:33am »

Possible long term effects of all of the publicity on this also. There's been some talk about using it to overturn Roe V. Wade.  

I just can't fathom anyone being able to do that to another human being. So sad. So sick.  

And can you even begin to imagine what this child's life is going to be like?  

IP Logged
cschick

Email

« Reply #17 on: Dec 20th, 2004, 11:37am »

This has been all over the news here since it happened.  It's a tragedy and I am deeply sickened by this.  What a world we live in.   Cry

IP Logged
Tiannia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Life does not apologies......

Tiannia_L  
Email

« Reply #18 on: Dec 20th, 2004, 12:00pm »

on Dec 20th, 2004, 10:33am, Sylvan wrote:
Possible long term effects of all of the publicity on this also. There's been some talk about using it to overturn Roe V. Wade.  

I just can't fathom anyone being able to do that to another human being. So sad. So sick.  

And can you even begin to imagine what this child's life is going to be like?  

I cant see how they could use this to overturn Roe vs Wade...  

But it is not the effects on the child, but the effects on the father.  Like the Father in Texas who got a call that his wife murdered his (what was it?) 5 kids?  No matter how much my husband loves me and no matter how mentally ill they proved that I was, I honestly believe that Shaun whould kill me.  

I worked with the mentally ill. While many are detached from reality (thus the main criteria for being diagnosed Mentally Ill) but 99% of the time there is an inner undersatnding of what is acceptable and they will stop themselves.  I have seen people become Catatonic reater then following through with hurting someone because they 'know" that it is wrong.  
IP Logged

The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change. - Carl Rogers
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss