Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 9:04pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Corporate E-Mail People »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Corporate E-Mail People
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Corporate E-Mail People  (Read 279 times)
TomM
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

Corporate E-Mail People
« on: Dec 23rd, 2004, 10:32am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Many of you know I work in IT @ a large DC law firm. So, this AM I receive about 30 'All Firm' Out of Office reply e-mails from a gal in our graphics department. I called her and left a VM saying this was happening, informed her to call the HelpDesk or me for help before the IT director blows a gasket. See, I could tell our e-mail server was crashing b/c of all these replies. One secretary actually e-mailed the entire IT department stating and I quote: "This needs to be fixed.  We have received an out of office notification about 25 times."  I almost replied "No shit? Really? I did not get a one." but did not.
The offender called me a few minutes ago thanking me for my advice and said I was the only person at our entire firm that was helpful. I kind of blushed b/c I love to poke fun @ end users, but this person knows me well.  I'm not much of a scripture man but this came to mind during our holiday season: "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do. "  
It is the holiday season and I love it!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Tom
IP Logged

"Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll go fishing."
--Thoreau--
Bethany1
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Always do whatever's next.

Re: Corporate E-Mail People
« Reply #1 on: Dec 23rd, 2004, 11:17am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Way to go Tom...... some people you just have to shake your head at..... like myself.  Roll Eyes
IP Logged

I am sofa king we todd did.

crack is wack
Ueli

Email

Re: Corporate E-Mail People
« Reply #2 on: Dec 23rd, 2004, 11:46am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

LOL, Tom
At our ISP there was a similar incident a few years back. The ISP had sent a mail to "mailinglist" (e.g. all their customers) bragging about the improvement they made to their services. Two month later a dissatisfied user dug out this mail and replied to it, stating his grieve. This complaint went to the entire mailing list. Of course some users replied "I'm not interested in this shit", again to the whole mailing list. One especially clever guy advised to use only the 'reply' button, not the 'reply all', but of course he himself used the later.

The ISP later apologised and said the incident showed two things: 1) their mailing list was open for everybody, something they fixed and 2) the new mail server could easily handle a million mails in half an hour.

Merry Christmas,  Ueli                 smokin
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss