Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 18th, 2024, 8:52pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « What are your plans? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   What are your plans?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: What are your plans?  (Read 1402 times)
Langa
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

So many donuts, such little time...

What are your plans?
« on: Dec 23rd, 2004, 2:06pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

What are your plans for the holidays???

Xmas Eve - I'll be cooking at home and having some friends over.  I'm hoping the au-gratin potatoes come out good!  Thanks for the recipes...I'll let you know how it comes out...pray for me... Undecided

Xmas Day - I'll be heading to the Bronx to visit family.

New Year's Eve - I'll be going dancing at the CopaCabana in NY City.   Anybody in NY wanna come???  Grin

Your turn...
 Grin

Langa

IP Logged

When you saw only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.
echo
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Chronic and still alive --- I Win!

Re: What are your plans?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 23rd, 2004, 2:11pm »

24th -- my little brides famous spagetti and meat sauce
25th -- my wife and I with one of our six children  (going to be a little quite and sad)  Mid afternoon dinner of leg of lamb.
Rest of the time I'll be catching up on odd jobs, eating anything not stapled to the carpet and expanding my winter fat to make it through the cold spell.  

After 3pm today I'm out until the 3rd.
IP Logged

"If you love something, let it go. If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it".

Proud Dad of a US Marine, and a former Marine turned Police Officer.

medic1852
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

This will only hurt for a little while!

medic1852  
Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 23rd, 2004, 2:16pm »

Well I work Christmas Eve on the ambulance till midnight unless I get a late run. If not then I will be home in time to play santa for my 4 year old and 6 year old and beable to get up in the morning to see the joy in their eyes. Then my in-laws will come over and we will open more presents. At about lunch or so we will go to my moms and spend the rest of the day with her. Then I get to work a lovely 24 hours shift on sunday...
IP Logged

Shoot Low Sherrif He's Riding a Sheltland Pony!

Tara Ann
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

It's always darkest before the dawn.

tara_ann_77  
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 23rd, 2004, 2:27pm »

Xmas Eve - Cooking a big Turkey meal just for our little family to enjoy.  Also baking lotsa cookies, some fudge, and a couple pies.
Christmas - Checking out what Santa brought the kids, then off to the Inlaws yikes for a big Brunch.  Bringing all the yummies baked the previous day to the inlwas.
Then Back to work on Sunday.  Also gotta work New Years Eve and Day gocrazy
IP Logged

http://www.myspace.com/taraann77
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #4 on: Dec 23rd, 2004, 2:32pm »

Since I'm so incredibly behind...tomorrow will be a whirlwind of frantic loose end tying, followed my hours wrapping presents.
Christmas day will be spent watching the kids opening presents. Spreading out a simple brunch for visiting family, while I sit somewhere in a corner with some kind of liquor in my hand. I hope to get shit faced...I deserve it. I had a little drink last weekend and I can safely say I can drink again. I guess the last of the cycle is long gone and I can get back to my normal chronic state.  Cool
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
PollyPocket
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Someone I am is waiting for my courage.

Yennyfur_D  
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 23rd, 2004, 2:35pm »

Christmas Eve- a quiet dinner with the hubby and kids. Our tradition: Standing rib roast and twice baked potatoes for Christmas Eve.
Christmas day- my parents, brothers and sister and families will be coming to our house for noise noise noise chaos laughter presents and a buffet meal of ham, turkey, saladsc casseroles and desserts.

Who's next?
IP Logged

“Life is all about timing... the unreachable becomes reachable, the unavailable become available, the unattainable... attainable. Have the patience, wait it out It's all about timing.” - Stacey Charter

"If I don't remember it happening, it never happened. Wink " - Tori
Langa
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #6 on: Dec 23rd, 2004, 2:37pm »

Isn't it crazy how you have to spend all that time wrapping and then it gets opened in seconds?  It's still good for the kids as there's a lot of fun in it for them and it's great seeing the look on their faces, but for adults I just use the xmas bags - you can buy a whole bunch of them at the dollar store.  Wink

Langa
IP Logged

Jeepgun

Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 23rd, 2004, 3:11pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

After the gift opening frenzy, a quiet day with my wife and daughter, and then I don't go back to work until the 4th of January. Smiley
IP Logged
Leesa
New Board Hall of Famer

Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 23rd, 2004, 3:21pm »

Well lets see............
24th- very last min. things for this bunch at my house. I dread being at Wal-Mart on Friday. Gesssshhhhh  Roll EyesMaking pies, and tieing up loose ends. No not the kids either. LOL Although it has crossed my mind! *EG*  

25th- waking up to a 2 yr old jumpin on the bed saying "geup" which is Mykee ling means "get up old lady and old man I want to play with the boxes and wrap, NOT the presents!" Finishing up the last of EVERYTHING eles for supper then Piggin out and get fat!! Echo said it best............ expanding my winter fat to make it through the cold spell. Its BRRRRRRRRRRRR cold in TN right now even got snow too. Go figure!! LOL
Leesa  Grin
IP Logged

"The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it." General H. Norman Schwarzkopf Smiley
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 23rd, 2004, 3:22pm »

Gonna make lots of fudge and drag lots of eggnog for doctoring to my cousin's place, tear into toys for geeks, and spend the next couple days among three really dumb dogs and this little three-year old who is my sort of adopted neice:  

She makes our day.  (She's four now)

Charlie
« Last Edit: Dec 23rd, 2004, 3:23pm by Charlie » IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Langa
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #10 on: Dec 23rd, 2004, 3:32pm »

She's adorable Charlie!

Have a great holiday!

Langa
IP Logged

Leesa
New Board Hall of Famer

Email

« Reply #11 on: Dec 23rd, 2004, 3:34pm »

Awwwww Charlie see Ive always said you were not mean. Guess I was right after all. HEHHEHEHE
Shes a beatiful little lady "Uncle" Charlie! I like the sound of that!  Grin
Leesa
IP Logged

"The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it." General H. Norman Schwarzkopf Smiley
Melissa

Email

« Reply #12 on: Dec 23rd, 2004, 3:44pm »

Let's see, today I don't feel like doin a darn thing, so tomorrow I'll clean the bathrooms, pick up the living rooms and vaccum, wash the cupboards and floors, then tomorrow night we'll go to 8pm mass, then to my father in laws for gift opening and snacks (shrimp, ham, taco dip, cookies, etc.).  Then we'll head home around midnight and get the kids to sleep, then Santa has to get her his ass busy getting the stockings filled and gifts put under the kids tree.  Christmas morning is my step-dad and grandma coming to visit.  They stay for a couple hours and then we go to hubby's grandmas house for lunch.  Afterwards we'll go home and have various friends and family stopping by to chat and have some brews.  Sunday we are hosting hubby's other grandparents (his deceased mother's) side of the family.  There will be about 30-35 people coming over for dinner (turkey, meatballs, ham, cold salads, spuds, desserts, and the smattering of relishes and sweet treats).  I will be making my margaritas on the rocks, even went out and bought glasses for the occasion.  By Sunday evening I'll be so freakin tired that I'll probably fall asleep standing up.

Merry Christmas!

Smileymel
IP Logged
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #13 on: Dec 23rd, 2004, 3:45pm »

23rd - baking pies, cleaning house -- cooking for my son's inlaws who decided to show up today instead of tomorrow.

24th - Take my little Caleb and go to the cemetery and sing "Happy Birthday" to my Mom (family tradition - she always insisted on a birthday party before we could have Christmas). then cooking dinner for the kids and the in-laws (my son's). Opening presents and watching my little Caleb's face (he's 3 now) light up with all the noise thingys Granny got (the keyboard and the electric guitar should be enough to give the kids a few gray hairs).  

25th - going to the kids and watching Caleb see what Santa brought.  then going to Bill's family thingy and eating way too much again.  
   Hopefully Christmas night - maybe NOT eating for a change - I think Granny is going on strike.  

New Year's Eve -- sitting home with Papaw and Caleb while the youngsters do their grown-up thing. Hopefully we can keep our eyes open till midnight -- if not - oh welllll... bet that ball will drop on Times Square whether we're up or not..

Happy holidays to all of you......

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

Langa
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #14 on: Dec 23rd, 2004, 3:47pm »

Whew! Mel, I was exhausted just reading your plans!  Shocked

You're gonna need a vacation after the holidays!  LOL!

Merry Xmas!

Langa  

IP Logged

PollyPocket
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Yennyfur_D  
WWW Email

« Reply #15 on: Dec 23rd, 2004, 3:52pm »

Sounds like everyone has something special planned! The coolest part is that all the posts are about spending time with family. What a wonderful holiday we share all over the world.  
Wishing all of my ch family the very best pf Chrisma-hanna-kwaanza ever!
IP Logged

“Life is all about timing... the unreachable becomes reachable, the unavailable become available, the unattainable... attainable. Have the patience, wait it out It's all about timing.” - Stacey Charter

stevek
New Board Junior
USA 

I need the sun!

Email

« Reply #16 on: Dec 23rd, 2004, 4:44pm »

24th Morning surfing with the teenagers, then last minute shopping.  Evening Mass and tamales.

25th Time with wife and kids (and maybe some afternoon surfing)

31st Big party but hopefully not too drunk.

1st Go to Yosemite for 6 days of mountains and some skiing.
IP Logged
Melissa

Email

« Reply #17 on: Dec 23rd, 2004, 4:48pm »

on Dec 23rd, 2004, 3:47pm, Langa wrote:
Whew! Mel, I was exhausted just reading your plans!  Shocked

yeah, me too!  lol

Merry Christmas to you too Langa!

Smileymel
IP Logged
Langa
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #18 on: Dec 23rd, 2004, 4:52pm »

on Dec 23rd, 2004, 4:44pm, stevek wrote:
24th Morning surfing with the teenagers, then last minute shopping.  Evening Mass and tamales.

25th Time with wife and kids (and maybe some afternoon surfing)

31st Big party but hopefully not too drunk.

1st Go to Yosemite for 6 days of mountains and some skiing.

Well, enjoy the nice Californian weather because it's frickin cold in New York!   Grin

Happy holidays!

Langa
IP Logged

catlind
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Taz taught me the cluster dance

kadiya68   kadiya68
WWW Email

« Reply #19 on: Dec 23rd, 2004, 5:41pm »

My door is open officially at 5p.m. tonight and will stay that way until the 26th.  

Every year as a kid we had a huge open house, all the friends, family and neighbours would be there.  For me, having my friends and neighbours (no family close by) here for cornish pasties (12 dozen made) sausage rolls, sweet and sour meatballs, shrimp, veggies and dip, meat cheese and crackers, cookies, brownies, pumpkin chiffon tarts, apple squares, chocolates, nacho dip, tortilla rolls, pepperoni rolls, spinach dip and sour dough bread, pastries and a fully stocked bar is what it's all about  

The more the merrier! Eat Drink and be Merry!!!    

Tomorrow night, any one who has no where to go, comes to my house, and at 8 sharp, with carols playing softly in the background, a fire roaring in the fireplace, all the house lights are turned off, all the Christmas lights are turned on, every candle is lit, and we gather round with all the kids to read Twas the Night Before Christmas.  In 36 years, I have not missed a Christmas Eve without that story  

Now does that give you a good sense of the setting?  Then on Christmas day we have cornish pasties and mamosa's and coffee with kahlua (I will skip those I'm not that brave yet) and watch the chaos while the kids have fun.  Then I'll begin preparing the Turkey, Ham, Stuffing, potatoes, yams and all the fixins for dinner with the neighbours  

And for me, this is what Christmas is all about, friends, family and neighbours celebrating the season together with much joy and laughter  

Cat
IP Logged

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart

If yer gonna be stupid, ya gotta be tough
MrsLadyElaine
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #20 on: Dec 23rd, 2004, 6:09pm »

Tomorrow Buddy and Dev are both off. So Buddy and I will go visit my Mom and Dad. Then we will watch some Christmas programs ! Just like Cat, Buddy will read the Night Before Christmas.  Then He will read the story of Jesus Birth. We will eat smoked Cheese and Crakers.
We will get JD to bed and Santa will show up. He will leave a few gifts for the child.
Christmas Morning we will delight in watching JD. This is the first Christmas he really understands and is excited. I can not wait to see his face. Then it will be time for Buddy and I to have coffee and after that we will open the gifts under the tree.
Then Buddy will make pancakes Smiley  
and bacon .
Then Deveny and I will make place for JDs new toys.  
Sunday We plan to go to church and then the rest of the day taking it easy Smiley

IP Logged

Open your arms to change, but don't let go of your values.
Langa
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #21 on: Dec 23rd, 2004, 6:47pm »

on Dec 23rd, 2004, 5:41pm, catlind wrote:
My door is open officially at 5p.m. tonight and will stay that way until the 26th.  

Every year as a kid we had a huge open house, all the friends, family and neighbours would be there.  For me, having my friends and neighbours (no family close by) here for cornish pasties (12 dozen made) sausage rolls, sweet and sour meatballs, shrimp, veggies and dip, meat cheese and crackers, cookies, brownies, pumpkin chiffon tarts, apple squares, chocolates, nacho dip, tortilla rolls, pepperoni rolls, spinach dip and sour dough bread, pastries and a fully stocked bar is what it's all about  

The more the merrier! Eat Drink and be Merry!!!    

Tomorrow night, any one who has no where to go, comes to my house, and at 8 sharp, with carols playing softly in the background, a fire roaring in the fireplace, all the house lights are turned off, all the Christmas lights are turned on, every candle is lit, and we gather round with all the kids to read Twas the Night Before Christmas.  In 36 years, I have not missed a Christmas Eve without that story  

Now does that give you a good sense of the setting?  Then on Christmas day we have cornish pasties and mamosa's and coffee with kahlua (I will skip those I'm not that brave yet) and watch the chaos while the kids have fun.  Then I'll begin preparing the Turkey, Ham, Stuffing, potatoes, yams and all the fixins for dinner with the neighbours  

And for me, this is what Christmas is all about, friends, family and neighbours celebrating the season together with much joy and laughter  

Cat

Wow Cat!  I wanna be there.... Undecided

Sounds like a lot of fun...have a Merry Xmas!

Langa
IP Logged

BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #22 on: Dec 24th, 2004, 4:40am »

I'm at work right now but I get off in about 6 hours. I have 11 days off. I'll stop at the 7-11 on the way home and do my Christmas shopping for the family.

Saturday we gotta go watch the grandsons rip open expensive presents and play with the wrapping paper.  

Then in the afternoon I'll take a nap. Napping makes me tired and I can sleep good at night.

6 more hours and........

I'm going to Vegas!
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
PollyPocket
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Yennyfur_D  
WWW Email

« Reply #23 on: Dec 24th, 2004, 8:14am »

Cat- wow is right!  That sounds amazing!! I didn't remember till I got home last night- two of my daughter's friends (my unofficial other sons) are now on their way HOME from boot camp! MY BOYS ARE COMING HOME FOR CHRISTMAS-WOOHOOOOO! The door of our house is open as well to my all of my "sons & daughers"- friends of my kids who all call me "Mom" and even those that think I am a pain in the ass parent.  I can't wait!
IP Logged

Bethany1
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Always do whatever's next.

« Reply #24 on: Dec 24th, 2004, 9:39am »

Going to see the Dr.  

Dr. McGillicuddy

Grin Merry Christmas All

Beth
IP Logged

I am sofa king we todd did.

crack is wack
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss