Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 2:56pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « My Cluster Christmas »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   My Cluster Christmas
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: My Cluster Christmas  (Read 530 times)
Carl_D

Email

My Cluster Christmas
« on: Dec 25th, 2004, 4:24am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

This year, my brother and I were the elves once more wrapping the gifts in the cold, pungent cellerdwelling while watching the new "Battlestar Galactica." I was happy to find once I arrived that a package laid in wait.
I have Trex. (Thanks again, T_H_B, I'll dispose of it properly.)  Wink  Got hit around 9pm, knocked it out within minutes.  
Around 2:30am, while the kids are crashed, my brother and I brought up the gifts from the basement. I'm halfway up on the 2nd load of stuff, and that was it for me. Took off my jacket, grabbed the Trex, gave myself a shot and sat in a chair in the living room watching my brother arrange the stuff under the tree. Started hitting about a kip6, and so was clamping my jaw underline trying to cut off blood flow, and breathe. Breathe.  The lights on the tree were the only ones on, and with the blur of the tree found it kind of comforting. It was weird. I think my brother was a bit uncomfortable when he realized what was up, and I just tried to make a joke to lighten it up a bit. I try to get my bitching & whining out here, so the people around me don't have to hear it. That lasted about 20+ minutes before I was back to normal.

So Santa's work here is done. Everyone has gone to bed, and if I am able to sleep at all (HA) it'll be in the recliner, so probably going to watch a movie or two. "Ronin" and debating between "Stepford Wives" or "I Robot."  Might just watch the new version of "Once Upon A Time In America." That is a brutal mob film.  
LOL. No better way to start Christmas than with a holiday movie.  

Peace & love to you all,
Carl D
« Last Edit: Dec 25th, 2004, 4:27am by Carl_D » IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

Re: My Cluster Christmas
« Reply #1 on: Dec 25th, 2004, 4:31am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Merry Christmas Carl!  Smiley I'm glad you have enough trex.
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #2 on: Dec 25th, 2004, 5:30am »

Hey Carl!  Merry Christmas, bro.  I can dig the late night Santa routine.  I helped my wife get all the gifts wrapped and placed under the tree and sent her to bed.  After a little while and a visit from our old buddy, I snuck out to my woodshop to retrieve her gift.  Since I still couldn't sleep, I checked in here.  It sucks that for just one day, the ba$tard couldn't leave so many alone.

I wish for everyone a pain free remainder of the day.

Gator
IP Logged
the_old_man
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
USA 

I've had amnesia for as long as I can remember!

« Reply #3 on: Dec 25th, 2004, 6:40am »

Yeah....I thought it was Santa that was supposed to visit on Christmas Eve.  The beast visited me too.  He came to me at 10...about a kip 8.  Went to bed at 12.  He came at 1:30...about a kip 8 again.  Went to bed at 2:30.  He was back at 4.  Back to bed at 4:45 and set my alarm for 6 hoping to get a little sleep and have the alarm wake me before he hit again.  Alarm went off and within 5 minutes he got me again.  He's still here, and like a bad relative, I can't seem to get him to leave.  This is unusual for me.  In 27 years I've never still been in cycle during Christmas.  I've had 3 pf nights since this cycle started.  They usually last 6 weeks but I'm in week 9 in this one.  A hit usually lasts about 35 minutes but for the last week they've been lasting an hour or more.  Still can't take meds and nothing otc seems to work.  Some here have been saying that these disappear or at least diminish in strength or frequency as you get older.  I went 18 months ch free and celebrated my 60th birthday.  Then he came back making up for lost time.  The only thing that keeps me going is....actually, I don't know what keeps me going.  I'm just waiting now for the grandkids to get here so we can open the gifts.  I'm hoping for a gift certificate for a lifetime of pfn.  Here's hoping you all get one, too.  Have a Merry Christmas all, and thanks for listening.

The Old Man
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss