Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 16th, 2024, 2:21pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « People of OUCH »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   People of OUCH
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: People of OUCH  (Read 2960 times)
Lizzie2
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"L'Chaim"~Hebre w Toast~"To Life"

Lizzie52004  
Email

Re: People of OUCH
« Reply #50 on: Dec 27th, 2004, 11:45am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Well I am neither a former officer nor a non-member of OUCH, but I am someone burned by the politiks and system going on.  I wasn't going to drag certain things up because I feel that there is no need to prolong anger or hurt over certain events and issues, but it's getting to the point where you are making those of us with legitimate complaints and concerns look like a bunch of not a very nice persons who sit around on our couch's posting to ch.com and do NOTHING for OUCH.

Well...that isn't correct.  Some of your BOD KNOW that isn't correct.  For some reason the two of you plus one more think that this IS the truth, and therefore feel the need to be on the attack.

When I ran for a BOD position several months back, there were two people who did not obtain a position.  I was one of them, and Bob (Alleyoop) was the other.  I won't get into anything that concerns Bob as there is no need to drag him into this mud pit.  But it was more or less politiks at work again.

I had laid out my ideas, my connections, my abilities.  I've had experience with several non-profit organizations as well as raised money for those organizations in quite large amounts for someone of my age with absolutely no business experience or income of my own.  But I know how the NP's work.  Not only that, but I have a connection to a lawyer who suffered CH who I'm sure would have been more than happy to help in certain areas, but that is highly unlikely now.

I'm a nursing student at a center that has one of the most world-renowned headache centers in the world.  I did research for them for 4 straight months, and I know everyone personally who works there.

Oooooooooooook.  But yet, these were good reasons to be one of two not elected.

I am not getting into the copy and paste bull-shit because I for one think many things are taken out of context when that little game is played.  I'm tired of this.

I'm tired of the rude way with which officers treat members...like they are "holier than thou."  I'm not speaking of all on the current BOD and they know that.  If they don't know that, then they can contact me personally and I will reassure them of that.

But yes...I am still pulling the knife from between my shoulder blades, and yeah I'm still pissed about it.  And I feel like I wasted a huge amount of time.  Convention proposals, ideas, running for BOD.

Yes I will think twice before laying my own ass on the line (in the professional or personal sense) ever again for a "worthy cause."

And that's all I have to say about that.

L2
IP Logged

john_d

Email

« Reply #51 on: Dec 27th, 2004, 11:55am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Dear God, when am I gonna learn?  what cosmic force is going to teach me the wisdom of Mr. Happy and others here, take it light and easy and quietly do my part without stepping in the doodie pit.   your humble bumbler, jd  

IP Logged
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #52 on: Dec 27th, 2004, 12:21pm »

Group Exemption Letter is my project.  I volunteered to do it and it is the only OUCH project I currently have in the works.  The current BoD is not holding me up on this project.  I forwarded some forms to another Chapter a while back and am waiting for their return so I can include them in the letter I will send to Mark for signature/approval.

There is a whole list of projects in the post above with Ken's list of thing to do pasted in it.  Pick one project, volunteer to do it and go for it.  The BoD won't hinder you or deny your help.

I do think that the current message board set-up at OUCH is a slap in the face of the members though.  It says to me that I am not worthy to know what is going on with the organization or give any input on it.  I think it is effectively killing any interest there may be on the part of the members.
« Last Edit: Dec 27th, 2004, 12:52pm by Bob P » IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
Donna_H
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Junior
USA 

Donna's doodles.     All's fair that ends well.

Email

« Reply #53 on: Dec 27th, 2004, 12:38pm »

Are we through yet with accusations and excuses?  I've heard them all so many times that I know what happens next.

Let's quit the replays and get busy.

I would like an answer as to why the Private BoD Business Board which was finally made public after much fall out,  was pulled from public view and hidden.

Was it because what was left of the board didn't want to answer questions?  I had a lot  of  questions, remember?  What I can't understand is why the membership didn't pick up on the problems then and demand some answers.  I can't believe that Renee is still showing up with comments after that fiasco.  It boggles my mind how we let don quit without putting up a fight to keep him........same with Steve.  These were good presidents too.  It's like we are sheep.....timid and wandering aimlessly and afraid to ask questions.

If we were to re-publish the items proposed to work on in the order in which they were presented, and worked on them one by one until they were finished, we would really have something great to boast about.  They are all sitting somewhere in the dark and nobody is working on them.

Why haven't we assigned these jobs to the numerious members of the BoD?  Is it because they still can't find time?  Then lets find some people who do have time.

Mark, you are a hard working, honest and dedicated person.   Don't you think it would help if we put the old committees back in working order, assign a chairperson who selects a committee and works thru completion the tasks that you assign them?  Don't you think monthly reports by each committee are in order?  Don't you think a monthly board meeting date should be set and if a member misses three (as used to be stipulated) they are expelled?  We aren't running a day care center.  How much can you push a volunteer?  As far as you can.  We just don't have the right people in the right places.  I know how many hours Melissa, Mast, Chuck and yourself must be putting in.  I used to do it.   What about the others?  When I was Bylaws Chairperson, I know how many hours Ozzy and the rest put in.

This unrest is not something new.  It is time to re-think what we are doing.  

I have never pinned people down before, or named names, but this might be the end of the rope and I want to see OUCH work, dammit!  If Riccardo and Simon and the others can do it, so can we!  

I want the old Private Bod Business board back up and I want people to read it, make a list of things that need to be accomplished from it and do those things before it's too late.

If membership dues are wrong, dump them and come up with another way of creating an income.  God, there's so much that needs to be done over and better.

Now that I've said my "I wants", let's hear yours.
IP Logged

Former ch sufferer (28 yrs.) , current supporter to my 33 yr old son.

One black day (Oct. 2, 2004) my post count of 1200 something, went back down to one. I'm an "old timer" in more ways than one.
Donna_H
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Junior
USA 

Donna's doodles.     All's fair that ends well.

Email

« Reply #54 on: Dec 27th, 2004, 12:53pm »

Bob, we both know that it is me that is holding up the chapter paperwork.

Truth is, I am fighting with myself as to whether or not I want to go any further with it.  I am tired.   Tired of trying. Tired of being excluded from what should have been my business.

You know how much I wanted to initiate the very idea of chapters, how much I am aware of their importance, etc.

I am just tired of failure, lack of interest,  being excited and then dumped on, working for countless hours just for the project to be cancelled, etc..........

I guess it's time for me to stop feeling sorry for myself and get this thing done and into your hands.  Sorry for the delay.  You'll have it tomorrow.

Bob P for CEO!!!   Mark for Pres!!!!  Don for Ambassador!!!  Steve for PR!!!.  Mel for Secretary!!!  Mast for Store and Fundraising!!!  The rest for whatever they're best at.  Those without time, thanks for what you've done in the past.  See ya.
« Last Edit: Dec 28th, 2004, 7:32am by Donna_H » IP Logged

Former ch sufferer (28 yrs.) , current supporter to my 33 yr old son.

One black day (Oct. 2, 2004) my post count of 1200 something, went back down to one. I'm an "old timer" in more ways than one.
Donna_D.
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

OUCH needs volunteers

smileyone1968@yahoo.com  
WWW Email

« Reply #55 on: Dec 27th, 2004, 1:09pm »

on Dec 27th, 2004, 11:45am, Lizzie2 wrote:
Well I am neither a former officer nor a non-member of OUCH, but I am someone burned by the politiks and system going on.  I wasn't going to drag certain things up because I feel that there is no need to prolong anger or hurt over certain events and issues, but it's getting to the point where you are making those of us with legitimate complaints and concerns look like a bunch of not a very nice persons who sit around on our couch's posting to ch.com and do NOTHING for OUCH.

Well...that isn't correct.  Some of your BOD KNOW that isn't correct.  For some reason the two of you plus one more think that this IS the truth, and therefore feel the need to be on the attack.

When I ran for a BOD position several months back, there were two people who did not obtain a position.  I was one of them, and Bob (Alleyoop) was the other.  I won't get into anything that concerns Bob as there is no need to drag him into this mud pit.  But it was more or less politiks at work again.

I had laid outmy ideas, my connections, my abilities.  I've had experience with several non-profit organizations as well as raised money for those organizations in quite large amounts for someone of my age with absolutely no business experience or income of my own.  But I know how the NP's work.  Not only that, but I have a connection to a lawyer who suffered CH who I'm sure would have been more than happy to help in certain areas, but that is highly unlikely now.

I'm a nursing student at a center that has one of the most world-renowned headache centers in the world.  I did research for them for 4 straight months, and I know everyone personally who works there.

Oooooooooooook.  But yet, these were good reasons to be one of two not elected.

I am not getting into the copy and paste bull-shit because I for one think many things are taken out of context when that little game is played.  I'm tired of this.

I'm tired of the rude way with which officers treat members...like they are "holier than thou."  I'm not speaking of all on the current BOD and they know that.  If they don't know that, then they can contact me personally and I will reassure them of that.

But yes...I am still pulling the knife from between my shoulder blades, and yeah I'm still pissed about it.  And I feel like I wasted a huge amount of time.  Convention proposals, ideas, running for BOD.

Yes I will think twice before laying my own ass on the line (in the professional or personal sense) ever again for a "worthy cause."

And that's all I have to say about that.

L2

Carrie,

For the record.  When it came time for the BoD to discuss the candidates it was agreed upon that your exceptional and unique talents, along with your advantageous position in the medical community , that you could best serve O.U.C.H. as a member of the Advocacy Team.  If I remember correctly, you were contacted and advised of this information and the reasoning behind it.  

If there was "politicing" surrounding this, then I must have missed it.  I still think your dedication and skills are beneficial to O.U.C.H. and I hope you will consider utilizing them for the greater good of OUCH.

DD
IP Logged

The information contained above is for the expressed use of fellow clusterheads and their supporters. Any misuse of this information by any of my "Ex's" is considered to be creepy and a form of harassment and will be duly noted by the ch.com webmaster Tongue
Lizzie2
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"L'Chaim"~Hebre w Toast~"To Life"

Lizzie52004  
Email

« Reply #56 on: Dec 27th, 2004, 1:20pm »

on Dec 27th, 2004, 1:09pm, Donna_D. wrote:

Carrie,

For the record.  When it came time for the BoD to discuss the candidates it was agreed upon that your exceptional and unique talents, along with your advantageous position in the medical community , that you could best serve O.U.C.H. as a member of the Advocacy Team.  If I remember correctly, you were contacted and advised of this information and the reasoning behind it.  

If there was "politicing" surrounding this, then I must have missed it.  I still think your dedication and skills are beneficial to O.U.C.H. and I hope you will consider utilizing them for the greater good of OUCH.

DD

I was then informed that I would not be a part of the Advocacy Team but that I was asked to be the liason between Jefferson and OUCH.  My "position" if we can call it that, was constantly changing, and to this day I still don't think I am a part of the Advocacy Team...or is there one?  I get lost....

At any rate...if you read the other post I started on "Losing my sanity..." you will see that my ability to be a liason with Jefferson is fastly diminishing by the minute.  haha

L2
IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #57 on: Dec 27th, 2004, 1:38pm »

on Dec 27th, 2004, 12:21pm, Bob P wrote:
Group Exemption Letter is my project.  I volunteered to do it and it is the only OUCH project I currently have in the works.  The current BoD is not holding me up on this project.  I forwarded some forms to another Chapter a while back and am waiting for their return so I can include them in the letter I will send to Mark for signature/approval.

I do think that the current message board set-up at OUCH is a slap in the face of the members though.  It says to me that I am not worthy to know what is going on with the organization or give any input on it.  I think it is effectively killing any interest there may be on the part of the members.

The GEL letter can go in with only one chapter listed. When the others get their paperwork in, they can be added at that time. As I said - it was ready in July.  

I agree about the message board for OUCH. And can't understand the reasoning for wanting a new one. It looks to me like OUCH should worry about getting back in working order before it tries to put on a new face. What we've got ain't working - why would another board do so?

Where is the P&P manual that was started back in the Spring? OUCH spent about $800 to get a site for all the stuff and it would have been great -- all the accounting, bylaws, legal stuff - a place for everything -- but it's not here yet.  Is the $800 OUCH just spent on grant software going the same way or is someone actually going to try to get some grants (so far Bob P is the only one that's accomplished that feat and that was a couple of years ago).  

Maybe the reason so many people have resigned is that they don't want to get bogged down in the quagmire of confussion and politics that's plagued OUCH this past year or so. Or maybe they just don't like being mushrooms.

Bd
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #58 on: Dec 27th, 2004, 2:30pm »

Which reminds me of a couple of things.

Donna D - The Glaxo guy I got the $2500 grant from was located in Texas.  If you want I can dig up his info and maybe you can dig some money out of him for the convention.

Donna H - The problem with the Standing Committees is that they don't always have something to do so they sit idle.  Towards the end of my term (or when I ended someone elses term) I came to believe that the way to go was to build a list of "projects" as you suggest.  Prioritize them.  Ask for volunteers to be a project team and accomplish the first assigned task.  Once that was done, ask for volunteers for the next project.  The list could always be added to or deleted from or the priorities changed.  If things went smoothly, more than one team could be at work on different projects at the same time.

I don't think OUCH is in too bad a shape.  Just need one person to step up and direct the bunch.  Assign jobs, require updates on status.

Don is right, the web site is the link to sufferers.  To restrict access is wrong.  It also needs a professional re-do.  I built the current one and it reflects just that, an amature web site from an amature web site builder.

I don't see the use for buying OUCH.com.  Seems like an uneeded expense.  The current site is high in the search engine rankings and can be made into any number of "areas".  It's also listed on many other headache site's resource pages.

Donna H - Didn't see any need to mention names on the GEL.  I'll send it when it's ready ( this week is devoted to recovery from jet-lag, finding the luggage we left in Philly last Thurday night, and cooking up a big pot of chili for the New Years Day football games).
« Last Edit: Dec 27th, 2004, 2:32pm by Bob P » IP Logged

"SHUT UP HUB!"
Donna_D.
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

OUCH needs volunteers

smileyone1968@yahoo.com  
WWW Email

« Reply #59 on: Dec 27th, 2004, 2:46pm »

on Dec 27th, 2004, 2:30pm, Bob P wrote:
Which reminds me of a couple of things.

Donna D - The Glaxo guy I got the $2500 grant from was located in Texas.  If you want I can dig up his info and maybe you can dig some money out of him for the convention.

Bob,  

That would be GREAT!

One of the things I am working on is getting corporate sponsorship for the convention.  That information would be VERY HELPFUL!  

Thank You!

DD
IP Logged

The information contained above is for the expressed use of fellow clusterheads and their supporters. Any misuse of this information by any of my "Ex's" is considered to be creepy and a form of harassment and will be duly noted by the ch.com webmaster Tongue
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #60 on: Dec 27th, 2004, 3:04pm »

I'm sure I have the request and his info on my home PC.  I'll dig it up for you tonight.  I just asked for a $2500 unrestricted educational grant and they sent the check.  Of course I asked again the next year and they said no  (the shroom heads probably put a dent in their profits for the year).
IP Logged

"SHUT UP HUB!"
Renee
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

May we all find some pf time!  Is it summer yet?

Email

« Reply #61 on: Dec 27th, 2004, 5:07pm »

Quote:
Was it because what was left of the board didn't want to answer questions?  I had a lot  of  questions, remember?  What I can't understand is why the membership didn't pick up on the problems then and demand some answers.  I can't believe that Renee is still showing up with comments after that fiasco.

I do still show up and yes, Donna H, the membership never did demand answers.  I'm with you on wondering why that is?

Instead, the lynching mob all resigned AFTER slandering my name into the ground for merely trying to light a fire and get something accomplished.

I believe some of the BOD of the past were afraid of change and growth or just didn't know where to start.  The question is now...does the current BOD know where to start to be the most effective?  I hope so and look forward to seeing those accomplishments in 2005.

IP Logged

23 years of battling the beast, 9 years chronic......uneducated docs/nurses make me irate.
The fungus among us is for real!

Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #62 on: Dec 27th, 2004, 6:32pm »

Whew....This thread sounds like OUCH posts

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
don

Email

« Reply #63 on: Dec 27th, 2004, 7:31pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Quote:
Don for Embassador!!!

OK. I'll start in the Southern Caribbean and work my way up.
IP Logged
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #64 on: Dec 27th, 2004, 9:28pm »

on Dec 27th, 2004, 6:32pm, Charlie wrote:
Whew....This thread sounds like OUCH posts

Charlie

First time in a long time so many people have shown ANY interest. Communication is everything....  

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #65 on: Dec 28th, 2004, 8:48am »

Donna D,
I sent you the grant info in your IM.  You may even interest them more by asking if they have a "Patient Assistance" rep who would speak at the convetion (what Glaxo can do to help and maybe how to deal with insurance companies).
Bob
IP Logged

"SHUT UP HUB!"
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss