Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 5:00am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « so this is my life »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   so this is my life
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: so this is my life  (Read 1512 times)
cschick

Email

so this is my life
« on: Dec 27th, 2004, 3:10pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Ok, here's the lowdown.  I am on the verge of divorce.  Long story and don't want to bore everyone to tears with the details.  I am possibly going to have to have a hysterectomy.  Trying to avoid it but it's not looking good.  I am actually becoming anemic because of the problems and doesn't look like there is a way around this.  My mom is having health problems and not doing well.  Thankfully they are coming "home" in April or May.  I am not looking forward to 2005.  The possibility of losing my ability to have children in the future, being divorced at the age of 30 and having a sick mother.  Not a good time around my house.  Chris is fighting me on leaving - I spent the weekend begging him to go to a psychologist to find out the underlying reasons he is feeling the way he is and he is refusing.  That was really my last hope.  I am so confused and frustrated right now, I am just not a fun person to be around at all right now.  Chris is using Colin against me and trying to tell me he won't let me leave with him.  I am not leaving my child!  NO WAY IN HELL!  So do I stay and be miserable or do I up and leave in the middle of the night some night?  I just don't know what to do anymore.  I am tired of fighting all the time and being miserable.  I know what I am going to have to do but I refuse to leave my son.
IP Logged
john_d

Email

Re: so this is my life
« Reply #1 on: Dec 27th, 2004, 3:19pm »

That situation sux, no doubt.  I could not advise or answer any of your problems or questions.  I can hope whatever happens that it turns out best for the kid.  I will say a prayer for you and I wish you well Karen.
IP Logged
Lobster
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #2 on: Dec 27th, 2004, 3:22pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

My wife had to do the hysterectomy thingy for medical reasons as well a few years ago.  

Best.  Thing.  Ever.  

Carrying that meat sack around was not worth the myriad of problems it was causing her.  She is the model of health since they shoved that thing down the garbage disposal.
IP Logged

Rock beats Scissors.
Langa
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

So many donuts, such little time...

« Reply #3 on: Dec 27th, 2004, 3:38pm »

on Dec 27th, 2004, 3:22pm, Rock_Lobster wrote:
My wife had to do the hysterectomy thingy for medical reasons as well a few years ago.  

Best.  Thing.  Ever.  

Carrying that meat sack around was not worth the myriad of problems it was causing her.  She is the model of health since they shoved that thing down the garbage disposal.  

You have a way with words, Rock... Wink
I have to agree with Rock...So many women I know have suffered so long hoping not to have the surgery and their quality of life has dramatically increased once they decided to go for it.  

I think most women think they'll feel incomplete as a woman if they don't have all their reproductive organs in tact.  However, usually most women going through this, feel happy to just feel better and not have the lingering problems.  And if you're bleeding and becoming anemic from it, it can get worse.  As a woman, I know the decision is not easy but overall you want to be healthy - especially healthy and strong to take care of your child now.  

I can relate to the divorce as well.  Life sucks sometimes Karen, but as my good friend always says "things always work out the way they should" and they really always do.  

You'll be in my thoughts.  I'll PM you my phone number if you want to talk.

Hang in there.

Langa
IP Logged

When you saw only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.
cschick

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 27th, 2004, 3:47pm »

on Dec 27th, 2004, 3:22pm, Rock_Lobster wrote:

Best.  Thing.  Ever.  

Thanks for making me laugh!  Haven't been doing much of that lately but GOD it felt good!  I agree with Langa you have a way with words!   Grin
IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 27th, 2004, 5:51pm »

All I can say is that it's good for you to come here and rant and rave. Please do so anytime. It's good for ya.

Hold on tight kid.

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
cakelady
New Board Junior
USA 

damn I don't want to be here

« Reply #6 on: Dec 27th, 2004, 6:05pm »

cschick,
   I feel ya' on the divorce. I'm running full speed into that train wreck myself. 17 years with an alchoholic is quite enough for me, thank you very much.  

Even if he is supportive of my CH.

If you ever want a shoulder...

Christine
IP Logged

Pain is inevitable, misery is not.
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #7 on: Dec 27th, 2004, 6:43pm »

Karen...  Cry     hug

Call me if you want, sweetie.
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 27th, 2004, 7:23pm »

hug Get some legal advice on where you stand on leaving with Colin etc. It will help if only to give you a direction to head in. I'm thinking of you hon
love
Helen
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

Ruth
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 27th, 2004, 7:47pm »

Well, Holy Cow, what a mess.
You no it will take time, but everythings going to work out for the best.
I just no it, just do what you have to do, life is too short to be unhappy or sick all the time.
Love you,
Ruth
IP Logged
..Danielle..
New Board Old Timer
Canada 

Water and ice are my friends

WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: Dec 27th, 2004, 9:09pm »

Good grief, I wish I could give you some answers...
but that would require figuring it out for myself first... confused2

rant when you have too,

sending prayers and vibes for you
 hug hug

Danielle

IP Logged

Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadow. -Helen Keller
Redneck

Email

« Reply #11 on: Dec 27th, 2004, 10:25pm »

If I had words of wisdom I wud share them. All I can do is be here, send hugs,(to cold to send alligators).
Find and take support where you can, you aren't alone my dear.
 hug
IP Logged
ShariRae
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

83098455 83098455    
Email

« Reply #12 on: Dec 27th, 2004, 10:31pm »

I am sorry to hear all of this sweety...just know you are in my thoughts & prayers...and as was stated above..all will work out as it is meant to..
huggs
Shari
IP Logged

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
becky8

Email

« Reply #13 on: Dec 29th, 2004, 5:34pm »

Been gone Karen, just read this. Hope things get better for you. Be strong, we are here for you! hug hug

Wendy
IP Logged
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #14 on: Dec 29th, 2004, 8:49pm »

Have the hysterectomy -- it gives you a whole new lease on life. I think every woman over 30 should have one -- sure made me feel better about 30 years ago.  

don't worry about not having more kids -- wait for the grandkids - they're a lot more fun.  

Hope things get better for you.  

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

cschick

Email

« Reply #15 on: Dec 30th, 2004, 11:55am »

Well I have been put on progesterone to try to get the bleeding to stop for 10 days.  Here's hoping it works!  14 days and counting...... Angry.  Because of the estrogen being so screwed up I am having constant migraine - I know, I know, whatever.  I missed work yesterday but am back and more gripey than ever with these nasty providers.  I am showing them who is boss!  HA!  Thank you all for the PM's and the phone #s.  I will be fine - I am a tough bee with an itch!
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss