Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 9:35pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « To Karla »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   To Karla
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: To Karla  (Read 493 times)
MikeL
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

To Karla
« on: Dec 28th, 2004, 9:05am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I tried to respond to yoru query, but got an error message.  I have been chronic for about 10 years.  I thought they had finally gone away when I had no bouts for over a year.  Well, they came back gang busters.  From 4X/day to 6.  4 mild and 2 over the top.

I was on 1200mg neuton 3X/day, 120mg verapamil 2X/day and 250mg depakote 2X/day before they went away.  I am retired Navy and was on my 6th Neuroligist.  He didn't even review my record and started me on Prednisone.  I told him that would not work.  Sure enough it didn't.  After about a month of excrutiating pain I told him if he didn't do something I would.  He referred me to a Psychiratrist, but I did get him to rewiew my record.  I am back on the same prescriptions and it took about 2 weeks for them to kick in although I do have to use oxygen periodically and once in a while Imatrex.  I rarely use the Imatrex, but carry it with me if out and about because it is difficult to take oxygen tanks with me.
IP Logged
Jonny

Email

Re: To Karla
« Reply #1 on: Dec 28th, 2004, 4:52pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Many Neuro's have told me that Lithium and Verapamil are the chronics cocktail.

For the last 14-15 years it has kept 80% of my headaches away, I've been chronic for 30 years.

TELL your neuro that you want to try it!!!

....................................jonny
IP Logged
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

Re: To Karla
« Reply #2 on: Dec 28th, 2004, 5:00pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I am glad that you finally found something that works for you!  That is great news and wonderful that you had some pain free time in there.  Nothing works for me except duragesic patch or methadone.  I prefer the patch.  I have exhuasted all means except surgery.
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss