Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 3:56am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Your Most Embarrassing Pet Stories... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Your Most Embarrassing Pet Stories...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Your Most Embarrassing Pet Stories...  (Read 3090 times)
Langa
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

So many donuts, such little time...

Re: Your Most Embarrassing Pet Stories...
« Reply #25 on: Dec 29th, 2004, 2:17pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Dec 29th, 2004, 1:50pm, nani wrote:

After reading that I remembered that I was once sexually assaulted by a yellow lab named Cody. I think I blocked it out and suppressed the memory.
Labs must be a pervert breed.

Funny stories  laugh laugh laugh

Nani, I also got humped on by a lab.  It was a stray and it assaulted me when I got off a city bus.  Some guys coming off a bus had to rescue me.  Embarassed
IP Logged

When you saw only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.
Sylvan
New Board Veteran
USA 

« Reply #26 on: Dec 29th, 2004, 5:20pm »

Pet stories? You want Pet Stories? LOL - ok here's one. Not sure if it counts as most embarassing - but i was certainly mortified.  

Last spring we did some traveling and 2 of our 3 fur-babies were going to be traveling with us. The third - our sweet little tabby cat does not travel well - so we made other arrangements for her. After weighing the options: boarding, pet sitter coming to the house daily & the kind offer of some friends who have several cats to keep her for the week.  

We decided that she'd be happier with people and other cats around than all by herself in the house with just a few minutes of attention when the sitter comes by to feed & scoop.  

WRONG!!!  

Ok - first sign of trouble. She pees in the car on the way to the friend's house & Screams all the way there. When we got there - they thought we had a baby in the car and were torturing it.  

So - we get her into their house - open the carrier - and she bolts. OK - cats tend to do that when in a new environment - so we didn't worry too much. Went over last minute details and left.  

She was there only 6 days. She pooped in their closet, tore the underlining off of their box-spring and taught the other cats how to hide inside the box spring, Found a way to get into the rafters in their basement and hide just far enough back so that they could see her - but not reach her for anything. They were scared to death that she wouldn't eat and would starve to death. She finally ate after about 4 days - but only treats. She pretty much hid the entire time. She also took a huge chunk out of my friend's hand when he tried to pick her up once.  

Then we get there to pick her up - and she can't be found. Wouldn't come when called (ok - most cats won't) All of us searched the house high and low and couldn't find her. We finally gave up.  

At this point - everyone is trying to determine if there was any chance she got outside. She doesn't wear a collar since she's managed to either remove every one we've tried - or nearly strangled herself trying to.  

2nd day of searching - We did spot her. Up in the rafters. Tried luring her out, tried a lasso, tried scaring her out. No luck. Finally - everyone went upstairs for a break - but i stayed. Closed the basement door like i was leaving too. And my darling little Harlequin - thinking the coast was clear - came bounding out of her hidey hole only to be caught and bagged.  

After all of this - i am quite certain they will never volunteer to watch this particular cat again! I'm still amazed that we are still friends and can joke about this now.  

Needless to say - Little Harlequin now gets our house all to herself when we travel.
IP Logged
Langa
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #27 on: Dec 29th, 2004, 5:44pm »

on Dec 29th, 2004, 5:20pm, Sylvan wrote:
Pet stories? You want Pet Stories? LOL - ok here's one. Not sure if it counts as most embarassing - but i was certainly mortified.  

Last spring we did some traveling and 2 of our 3 fur-babies were going to be traveling with us. The third - our sweet little tabby cat does not travel well - so we made other arrangements for her. After weighing the options: boarding, pet sitter coming to the house daily & the kind offer of some friends who have several cats to keep her for the week.  

We decided that she'd be happier with people and other cats around than all by herself in the house with just a few minutes of attention when the sitter comes by to feed & scoop.  

WRONG!!!  

Ok - first sign of trouble. She pees in the car on the way to the friend's house & Screams all the way there. When we got there - they thought we had a baby in the car and were torturing it.  

So - we get her into their house - open the carrier - and she bolts. OK - cats tend to do that when in a new environment - so we didn't worry too much. Went over last minute details and left.  

She was there only 6 days. She pooped in their closet, tore the underlining off of their box-spring and taught the other cats how to hide inside the box spring, Found a way to get into the rafters in their basement and hide just far enough back so that they could see her - but not reach her for anything. They were scared to death that she wouldn't eat and would starve to death. She finally ate after about 4 days - but only treats. She pretty much hid the entire time. She also took a huge chunk out of my friend's hand when he tried to pick her up once.  

Then we get there to pick her up - and she can't be found. Wouldn't come when called (ok - most cats won't) All of us searched the house high and low and couldn't find her. We finally gave up.  

At this point - everyone is trying to determine if there was any chance she got outside. She doesn't wear a collar since she's managed to either remove every one we've tried - or nearly strangled herself trying to.  

2nd day of searching - We did spot her. Up in the rafters. Tried luring her out, tried a lasso, tried scaring her out. No luck. Finally - everyone went upstairs for a break - but i stayed. Closed the basement door like i was leaving too. And my darling little Harlequin - thinking the coast was clear - came bounding out of her hidey hole only to be caught and bagged.  

After all of this - i am quite certain they will never volunteer to watch this particular cat again! I'm still amazed that we are still friends and can joke about this now.  

Needless to say - Little Harlequin now gets our house all to herself when we travel.

crackup

I've learned to leave enough food and 2 litter boxes when I travel for my cat.  She's known as the cat from hell anyway, so nobody wants to watch her... Undecided  

Langa
IP Logged

nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #28 on: Dec 29th, 2004, 6:53pm »

I once had the coolest cat. He would even come from down the street if I whistled for him. On 3 different occasions he ran away from home and tried to live at the neighbors. First time, the house next store was rented by hard partying carnies. He would go over there on the big party nights and crash there. They would bring him home the next day.
Second time...different house, different neighbors. The doorbell rang at about 6am and the neighbor had him in his arms. It seems they woke up and he was sleeping on their bed. They had no idea how he got in. He went on to do that many more times.
Third time...we had just moved again and he spent the first few weeks indoors to adjust. He HATED being in. The first day he could get out he disappeared. 3 days later the neighbor came over and asked if we had a white cat. It turned out he had snuck into their house and the guy would see him run across the house like a mouse. He couldn't find him most of the time, but he knew he was there. My hubby had to go over and search the place while whistling for him. He finally came out.  
The day he had to be put down was one of the saddest days of my life. There will never be another cat like Gato.
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Langa
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #29 on: Dec 29th, 2004, 7:23pm »

on Dec 29th, 2004, 6:53pm, nani wrote:
I once had the coolest cat. He would even come from down the street if I whistled for him. On 3 different occasions he ran away from home and tried to live at the neighbors. First time, the house next store was rented by hard partying carnies. He would go over there on the big party nights and crash there. They would bring him home the next day.
Second time...different house, different neighbors. The doorbell rang at about 6am and the neighbor had him in his arms. It seems they woke up and he was sleeping on their bed. They had no idea how he got in. He went on to do that many more times.
Third time...we had just moved again and he spent the first few weeks indoors to adjust. He HATED being in. The first day he could get out he disappeared. 3 days later the neighbor came over and asked if we had a white cat. It turned out he had snuck into their house and the guy would see him run across the house like a mouse. He couldn't find him most of the time, but he knew he was there. My hubby had to go over and search the place while whistling for him. He finally came out.  
The day he had to be put down was one of the saddest days of my life. There will never be another cat like Gato.

Nani you certainly couldn't blame him for being anti-social.   Shocked

Gato? Cool name... Wink
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss