Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 4:03am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Comercial »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Comercial
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Comercial  (Read 1334 times)
love2bamommy
New Board Newbie
USA 

The best thing in my life is my son!

Cassandra9988   Micalampfan

Comercial
« on: Dec 30th, 2004, 9:56am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Today as i was getting ready for work, i saw an ad, now of course my numbers where wrong, but this is what it said,

" 40 people in the world suffer from Migrains, and 4 people get then 2 times a month, Such a disruption.That's why There's this medicine.."

I just had to laugh, Such a disruption to have a headach TWICE a month...Why dont they have a commercial for us?
IP Logged

A wise woman once wrote "Keep smiling, if you smile, then everyone else around you will smile too" That was written by Debbi Sears, my mother
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

Re: Comercial
« Reply #1 on: Dec 30th, 2004, 10:14am »

Quote:
get then 2 times a month, Such a disruption

Poor things...how do they manage?  Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Bethany1
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Always do whatever's next.

« Reply #2 on: Dec 30th, 2004, 10:17am »

I saw that commercial too.... I thought it was a joke. I think it was for relpax or something.
IP Logged

I am sofa king we todd did.

crack is wack
don

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 30th, 2004, 10:27am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

There was also a piece on GMA this morning on the Occipatal Nerve Implant. All referances were to meeegraines but a good piece never the less. The formal studies will now begin leading up to FDA approval.

Nothing like a good piece to start your day.
« Last Edit: Dec 30th, 2004, 10:28am by don » IP Logged
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #4 on: Dec 30th, 2004, 10:31am »

That's an Imitrex commercial.  I snicker every time I hear it, too.  Have you also noticed the push to classify more headaches as migraines.  I am seeing more tv commercials and print ads trying to convince people their sinus headaches and tension headaches may be migraines.  You really have to put things like that on the relativity scale.  For most people, a migraine is the worst headache there is.  They have no reason to know about CH.  Migraines are what people know, so they get the ad time.

Unfortunately(?), there aren't enough clusterheads out there for the pharmaceutical companies to get "excited" about spending R&D money on us.  Fortunately, some of the migraine meds the drug companies produce do help us, so I'm not going to get too bent out of shape about it.  The more people that have migraines, the more research and production of migraine meds and the cheaper the meds will eventually become.  Whether we like it or not or admit it or not, we benefit from R&D for migraineurs.  Do I wish there were research into a CH specific med to prevent or (dare I say it) cure CH?  You bet.  I don't see it happening any time soon and I seriously doubt most of us could afford it at this point.

In the mean time, I'll just laugh it off as I pound my head into mush.  Right.

Gator
IP Logged
MrsLadyElaine
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 30th, 2004, 10:34am »

Ya all forget,two times a month could mean they are out of work and in bed  for as long as a week for each headace.
I have both Clusters and migrains. Both suck and both cause major problems in life. When I get a migrain I can not get up I  can not stand light, I throw up, I have to crawl to the bath room . They last any where from three days to a week for me.
getting hit two times a month can mean  half a year in bed.
People with Migrains don't sleep just because they are in bed.  
Clusters and Migrains to me have the same draw backs. They take you out of work and interfer with everyday life. You know if it wasn't for the migraine meds we would be helpless in our fight.
Maybe its not them that doesn't understand clusters maybe its cluster who does not understand Migraines.
The two go together and should work together.  
Had to put my two cents in here.
IP Logged

Open your arms to change, but don't let go of your values.
medic1852
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

This will only hurt for a little while!

medic1852  
Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 30th, 2004, 10:44am »

Hey ebaby... finger bash moon Just my two cents!
IP Logged

Shoot Low Sherrif He's Riding a Sheltland Pony!

don

Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 30th, 2004, 10:48am »

Quote:
maybe its cluster who does not understand Migraines

As a cluster sufferer I dont believe I need to.

IP Logged
love2bamommy
New Board Newbie
USA 

The best thing in my life is my son!

Cassandra9988   Micalampfan

« Reply #8 on: Dec 30th, 2004, 11:11am »

I so agree! Why do i need to understand those?
IP Logged

A wise woman once wrote "Keep smiling, if you smile, then everyone else around you will smile too" That was written by Debbi Sears, my mother
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #9 on: Dec 30th, 2004, 11:18am »

Sorry folks...we, of all people, should be sympathetic to other's pain. No matter what causes it. I just hate it when we minimize others pain because we have the worst.
IP Logged

MrsLadyElaine
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #10 on: Dec 30th, 2004, 11:22am »

Thats my whole point!  
How can you say Clusters are worst if you know nothing about Migrains !  
I would guess the Migrainers feel the same way why should they care about what we go through?

IP Logged

Open your arms to change, but don't let go of your values.
john_d

Email

« Reply #11 on: Dec 30th, 2004, 11:27am »

There are so many migraine sufferers that they get alot of attention and understanding.  We don't- with clusters, I have had a tough time even getting a medical professionals to understand.  But my sister get's migraines, I feel bad for her since they last soooo long.  At least with cluster I know it's gonna end in 15-90 minutes.
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #12 on: Dec 30th, 2004, 11:32am »

Quote:
they get alot of attention and understanding.  We don't- with clusters

Sometimes it seems like we blame the migraine sufferers for the lack of attention the medical profession pays to us. Just my  twocents
IP Logged

Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #13 on: Dec 30th, 2004, 1:00pm »

Elaine, nobody is saying a migraine doesn't hurt.  Nobody is saying having migraines doesn't suck.  Pain of any kind sucks.  If you want to get upset, get upset at the commercials that minimize your migraine pain to twice a month or less and easily fixed with a shot.

The truth is a lot of us have done research on migraines while searching for answers to questions about our own headaches.  A lot of us probably know more about migraines than the average migraine sufferer.  Every disease has it's extremes and I know that some people suffer from near constant and debilitating pain from migraines, but when I bang my head 5 times a day, every day and have no preventative medications that work to lessen that and then hear on television that some people get as many as two migraines a month, I have to laugh.

I can also understand some animosity.  According to the International Headache Society CH is a Primary Headache with it's own individual causes, symptoms and treatments.  We are not freakish, migrainous bastardchildren.  But since some jackasses insist on calling clusters a form of migraine and since most people suffer from 2 or less migraines a month, insurance companies give clusterheads a hard time when it comes to sufficient meds.  Doctors are more familiar with migraines than clusters and since clusters "are a form of migraine" they don't diagnose or treat clusterheads properly.  Since there are relatively so few of us, clusterheads are dependent on the scraps that fall off the migraine (and other ailments) table medication-wise.  That's one reason for the wide degree of effectiveness (or lack thereof) of ch treatments - they were not designed as ch treatments.  

But then as a clusterhead, you already know all this.  Like I said, if you want to get upset, get upset at the drug company advertisements that depict your migraine pain as twice a month or less and easily cured with a shot of Imitrex.  Don't get bent because a clusterhead who suffers several times a day every day of their life doesn't get all choked up at the thought of 2 headaches a month.

Gator
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #14 on: Dec 30th, 2004, 1:10pm »

My brother in law is an MD. When I called him to discuss ruling out CPH with indo he asked what CPH was, and how indo might help. I teased him and asked why I had to fill him in. Honest to God...this is what he said:
Well, most of us were either sleeping or absent during Headache classes. When he did his Radiology residency, he said a Neuro-radiologist told him...when it comes to head pain, we're only looking for surgical disease. If it can't be fixed surgically, no one really gives a rat's ass.

NICE, HUH.
IP Logged

Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #15 on: Dec 30th, 2004, 1:18pm »

Sheesh.  I think any doc that told me that might require surgery to remove my foot from his ass.  Bastages!

IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #16 on: Dec 30th, 2004, 1:20pm »

Grin Fortunately for him, he was speaking as my brother in law, not an actual doc. I don't think any doc would have the balls to be that honest with patient.
IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #17 on: Dec 30th, 2004, 2:23pm »

As one who suffers both chronic CH and migraines, I know the pain of both, but would settle for the migraines. Except for the nauseau with the migraines I can function with them. CH has a tendenacy to put me down for the count.  

But they both hurt. I can just control the migraines.

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

« Reply #18 on: Dec 30th, 2004, 3:29pm »

on Dec 30th, 2004, 1:10pm, nani wrote:
My brother in law is an MD. When I called him to discuss ruling out CPH with indo he asked what CPH was, and how indo might help. I teased him and asked why I had to fill him in. Honest to God...this is what he said:
Well, most of us were either sleeping or absent during Headache classes. When he did his Radiology residency, he said a Neuro-radiologist told him...when it comes to head pain, we're only looking for surgical disease. If it can't be fixed surgically, no one really gives a rat's ass.

NICE, HUH.

So, in case anybody is wondering why doctors no longer command respect....  This is a good example.
IP Logged

never, Never, NEVER quit. -Winston Churchill
Jimmy_B.
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

USS Missouri BB-63 Veteran

Email

« Reply #19 on: Dec 30th, 2004, 4:52pm »

No one can completely understand another's pain. Clusters are the worse pain, I've ever felt...(on an intensity level)...Every cluster I've ever gotten was either a Kip9 or Kip10.

But then I've also suffered from long term pain which on an intensity level, doesn't come close to a cluster, but lasts for days and/or weeks.

They both suck.  

Just my twocents
IP Logged

"I'd much rather be HAPPY then RIGHT any day" Slartibartfast

Get informed! Don't vote a party ticket. Go to www.vote-smart.org and find out where your political candidates stand.

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss