Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 19th, 2024, 11:58am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « INDIA-THAILAND »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   INDIA-THAILAND
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: INDIA-THAILAND  (Read 1254 times)
Sean_C

Email

Re: INDIA-THAILAND
« Reply #25 on: Dec 30th, 2004, 9:29am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Unfortunately they will be fighting disease which could claim another 50,000 lives before this is over.

Sean..............................
IP Logged
Filbert
New Board Veteran
United_Kingdom 

"Gravy-pure gravy and don't forget it."

« Reply #26 on: Dec 30th, 2004, 11:10am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

The news just keeps getting worse as they find out how more remote areas were affected. Roads have been washed away so it's difficult to get aid to these places. The Swedish government have announced that 1100 of their citizens are missing.
 On a more positive note at least the world wide response has been encouraging. Many countries involved. The Japanese and the Aussies were quick on the scene and the US have sent an aircraft carrier and seven other ships with over 2000 marines and many helicopters [they need those copters desperately] The British people have donated over £16 million in 18 hours-which is actually more than the government.Even the Chinese have got invovled officially. I 'm just hoping that something positive can come out of this terrible disaster.

Filbert.
IP Logged
unsolved1

Email

« Reply #27 on: Dec 30th, 2004, 11:53am »

114,000 dead they're saying. It is an aweful tragedy Cry The loss of life is overwhelming. I feel for the victims of this tragedy.

The US promised $35 million in Aid to start off with, but we're being called "stingy" by alot of people.
The US makes up 40% of all humanitarian relief funds.

By comparison;
US spends approx $8,055,000 an hour in Iraq

Stingy ??

Unsolved
IP Logged
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #28 on: Dec 30th, 2004, 3:17pm »

This is truly the worse disaster in the history of the world. Now over 120,000 people.  We never thought it would reach that high.
 Today I looked into the predictions of Nostradamas... He talked about Tsunami's in this millenium.  Earthquakes caused by Comets.  It was some pretty interesting stuff... Makes you wonder... Why?  Love to you all in clusterville...ree
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
writer
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #29 on: Dec 30th, 2004, 6:02pm »

Someone called something like "Ex_Pat Asia" used to post on this site.

Q: Does anyone know or remember where in Asia he lived?
IP Logged
becky8

Email

« Reply #30 on: Dec 30th, 2004, 6:35pm »

on Dec 29th, 2004, 12:47am, jillybean wrote:
My heart hurts for those going thru such awful terror. You are right- the children....

so terrible.  Sad

Jill
Thats excatly how I feel!!! Cry
IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #31 on: Dec 31st, 2004, 3:24am »

As of this writing, Britain has pledged almost three times the US promise of 35 million dollars.

Thank God the President's brother is tagging along with Colin Powell to show the rest of the world how it's done. Undecided

Charlie
« Last Edit: Dec 31st, 2004, 3:27am by Charlie » IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
floridian

Email

« Reply #32 on: Dec 31st, 2004, 10:19am »

on Dec 30th, 2004, 6:02pm, writer wrote:

Someone called something like "Ex_Pat Asia" used to post on this site.

Q: Does anyone know or remember where in Asia he lived?

He was in Indonesia, but I want to believe it was Jakarta, which wasn't directly affected.  

According to the map, Ex_Pat_Asia lives in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. There was another guy from Indonesia called ExPat-Jac.  

Quote:

Ex-pat-Jac:
 Or...try this...try explaining why the reason you like the A/C has nothing to do with not liking the heat! (right now, I have just moved to Indonesia.....and it's hot as hell...I've been in a cycle for almost the full three weeks that I have been, and I have NO IDEA what these people are saying...and none of the normal medicactions I generally use are avaliable..)  

Ex-pat-Asia:  
 Me best advice: If you are in or near Jakarta get down to the MNC medical center on Jalan Gabrotto near the Australian High Commission.  

http://www.clusterheadaches.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=knowya;actio n=display;num=1089720894
« Last Edit: Dec 31st, 2004, 10:34am by floridian » IP Logged
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #33 on: Dec 31st, 2004, 10:48am »

Over 120,000 dead so far and that number will likely increase.  Sheesh.  What a tragedy.

Just before a tsunami hits, the tide goes way out as the water is sucked up into the big waves, leaving a very large expanse of uncovered beach.  Then the waves slam back in smashing everything in their path.  When the water went out,  large numbers of children ran out to pick up the fish that were left stranded on the newly revealed ground.  They were still out there when the waves came back in.  Cry

IP Logged
The  mad viking
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Norway 

Always Look on The Bright Side of Life

svennthorn2003@yahoo.no  
WWW Email

« Reply #34 on: Dec 31st, 2004, 11:08am »

UN gave an estimate on 175000 dead directly and another 50000 from decieses after.

So far the number is 126000 dead

This is just insane   Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

Svenn
IP Logged

Langa
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

So many donuts, such little time...

« Reply #35 on: Dec 31st, 2004, 11:11am »

Cryon Dec 31st, 2004, 10:48am, Gator wrote:
Over 120,000 dead so far and that number will likely increase.  Sheesh.  What a tragedy.

Just before a tsunami hits, the tide goes way out as the water is sucked up into the big waves, leaving a very large expanse of uncovered beach.  Then the waves slam back in smashing everything in their path.  When the water went out,  large numbers of children ran out to pick up the fish that were left stranded on the newly revealed ground.  They were still out there when the waves came back in.  Cry

Cry Cry Cry
IP Logged

When you saw only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.
floridian

Email

« Reply #36 on: Dec 31st, 2004, 11:26am »

This is definitely a colossal human tragedy, but not unique.  In 1970, between 250,000 and 300,000 were killed in Bangladesh by a tropical storm.  In 1991, another 70,000 in Bangladesh.  Low lying areas along the coast are risky.  What is changing more than anything is communication - we see the effects soon after they happen.  A hundred years ago, such tragedies got a line or two in the newspaper, months after they happened.  As we develop and evolve, we can do more to help each other.
« Last Edit: Dec 31st, 2004, 11:28am by floridian » IP Logged
AnnaB
New Board Newbie
Italy 

While there's life, there's hope

Email

« Reply #37 on: Dec 31st, 2004, 11:26am »

on Dec 30th, 2004, 6:35pm, becky8 wrote:

Thats excatly how I feel!!! Cry

Oh, me too. Cry Certainly a tragedy.
IP Logged

Respect in people’s ideas is one of the most important things in life, even if some people judge you and yr. ideas in a wrong way don’t matter. Be yourself Smiley ANNA (Mom of Zaira, CCH Sufferer)
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #38 on: Dec 31st, 2004, 12:02pm »

on Dec 31st, 2004, 3:24am, Charlie wrote:
As of this writing, Britain has pledged almost three times the US promise of 35 million dollars.

Thank God the President's brother is tagging along with Colin Powell to show the rest of the world how it's done. Undecided

Charlie

Still hacking away at the motherland I see.  That was an initial 35 million that Bush promised while most were still shining their shoes and straightening their ties for photo opts, plus a Naval Carrier Group with the necessary helicopters to get supplies into remote areas, plus a 2000 man Marine Expiditionary Force to assist and you know there will be more to come, not to mention the millions of dollars given by private citizens and organizations.  

And yes, Jeb has quite a bit of experience with natural disasters or have you forgotten about the people here in our own country that were devastated by all the hurricanes in Florida.

Everyone here knows how much you hate Bush.  Give the politics a rest this once, huh?

Gator
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #39 on: Dec 31st, 2004, 12:44pm »

I was thinking about the ex-pats yesterday. Anyone in touch with them? Of course my prayers are going out to all of those touched by this horrible tragedy, them included if need be.
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #40 on: Dec 31st, 2004, 4:16pm »

Quote:
Everyone here knows how much you hate Bush

That they do.

The cable channels beat me by days. I can imagine what it would have been like if it were Clinton. No more on this from me.

Actually, I know what you mean about the amount. Unfortunatlely, they don't elsewhere. It was a great opportunity to recover a bit of goodwill is all.  

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Sean_C

Email

« Reply #41 on: Dec 31st, 2004, 6:16pm »

The 25 Largest Earthquake disasters in history

http://www.geohaz.org/member/news/signif.htm

Sean..........................
IP Logged
The  mad viking
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Norway 

svennthorn2003@yahoo.no  
WWW Email

« Reply #42 on: Jan 2nd, 2005, 9:29am »

145000 dead so far now Cry Cry Cry Cry

Christ.there is stories that kids that have lost their relatives and are all alone there are being raped.1 confirmed story about a 12 years old that are being gang-raped.Sure hope they are getting those bastards and kill them  SLOWLY AND PAINFULLY Angry Angry Angry Angry

Svenn
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss