Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 19th, 2024, 11:01am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Starting off the New Year right »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Starting off the New Year right
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Starting off the New Year right  (Read 330 times)
OneEyeBlind
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Yea, I can do this

topnoodle

Starting off the New Year right
« on: Jan 2nd, 2005, 1:12pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

The kid, who is flunking 5 subjects now, studied last night.  The other one actually looked to see if he had any homework due when he went back to school and realized he has a paper due which he started on.  OMG, I see a light !  Could they possibly still graduate this year ?  It’s been tough on them being displaced (they aren’t our kids … we took them in 8 months ago … and the going has been rough), but hey …. We might make it after all !  

My family got together over Christmas, and while it was tough without my dad & Christopher, we somehow mananged to have fun through it all.  Laughs through the tears is what we had, and it was great.  We did tons of stuff together.  Bowling parties, pizza parties, dinners & of course the "stay up all night teenage New Years Eve" party.  Not to mention, the Christmas feast, the games, you name it .. we did it ! OMG, we are all tired !  Not the teenagers, just the adults.  It sucks to get old !  

We FINALLY celebrated my sister’s 40th birthday.  It was postponed because of Christopher.  My sister felt like leaving him for a day was impossible, so we waited.  But hey, we took her to NYC and saw a show, had a great dinner and came home tired & happy.  We saw Bombay Dreams and loved it !!  It’s not rated one of the best, but boy, it put a smile on all our faces.  All of my sisters made it along with my mom … so all seven of us were together, and that in itself is special.

I still have stuff to deal with, as we all do.  But, hey, I feel like just getting through last year and being able to survive is an accomplishment.  So this year, I’m gonna be head on with all the bullshit.  Tackle them as they come.  Court appearance in January to decide custody of the kids; appointments in Pittsburgh and everywhere else to determine where we go with hubby’s illness; straighten out some financial BS; and then finding a new job for me.  

Oh yea, and while I am at it ….. I’m making NO New Year’s resolutions.  If you think I am even gonna give myself a chance to fail in 2005 … well, you don’t know me.  I'll try and be more proactive and not procrastinate, but I make no promises.  LOL.  

I’m feeling good about 2005.  I hope you all feel as good about the New Year as I do !!!!!!!!!!  A special thanks to those of you that supported me in 2004.  I know it wasn’t easy, but the New Year is gonna be my year to boost you up !!!!  And an  appology for all those I missed supporting in 2004.  

Love to you all.  Let 2005 bring nothing but good stuff !!!!!

IP Logged

One cannot step twice in the same river, for fresh waters are forever flowing around us.
ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

The BEAST rises again, and again, and again, and .

Email

Re: Starting off the New Year right
« Reply #1 on: Jan 2nd, 2005, 1:40pm »

You GO girl!!!  WAY TO GO!!!

Attitude is 90% of the task, darling, and you GOT that down!

I am pulling for you and hope to see you at Dan's house at the end of the month!

Chuck
IP Logged

"No man can be happy without a friend, nor be sure of his friend till he is unhappy."
Thomas Fuller
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

Re: Starting off the New Year right
« Reply #2 on: Jan 2nd, 2005, 4:41pm »

on Jan 2nd, 2005, 1:12pm, OneEyeBlind wrote:
The kid, who is flunking 5 subjects now, studied last night.  The other one actually looked to see if he had any homework due when he went back to school and realized he has a paper due which he started on.  OMG, I see a light !  Could they possibly still graduate this year ?  It’s been tough on them being displaced (they aren’t our kids … we took them in 8 months ago … and the going has been rough), but hey …. We might make it after all !  

My family got together over Christmas, and while it was tough without my dad & Christopher, we somehow mananged to have fun through it all.  Laughs through the tears is what we had, and it was great.  We did tons of stuff together.  Bowling parties, pizza parties, dinners & of course the "stay up all night teenage New Years Eve" party.  Not to mention, the Christmas feast, the games, you name it .. we did it ! OMG, we are all tired !  Not the teenagers, just the adults.  It sucks to get old !  

We FINALLY celebrated my sister’s 40th birthday.  It was postponed because of Christopher.  My sister felt like leaving him for a day was impossible, so we waited.  But hey, we took her to NYC and saw a show, had a great dinner and came home tired & happy.  We saw Bombay Dreams and loved it !!  It’s not rated one of the best, but boy, it put a smile on all our faces.  All of my sisters made it along with my mom … so all seven of us were together, and that in itself is special.

I still have stuff to deal with, as we all do.  But, hey, I feel like just getting through last year and being able to survive is an accomplishment.  So this year, I’m gonna be head on with all the bullshit.  Tackle them as they come.  Court appearance in January to decide custody of the kids; appointments in Pittsburgh and everywhere else to determine where we go with hubby’s illness; straighten out some financial BS; and then finding a new job for me.  

Oh yea, and while I am at it ….. I’m making NO New Year’s resolutions.  If you think I am even gonna give myself a chance to fail in 2005 … well, you don’t know me.  I'll try and be more proactive and not procrastinate, but I make no promises.  LOL.  

I’m feeling good about 2005.  I hope you all feel as good about the New Year as I do !!!!!!!!!!  A special thanks to those of you that supported me in 2004.  I know it wasn’t easy, but the New Year is gonna be my year to boost you up !!!!  And an  appology for all those I missed supporting in 2004.  

Love to you all.  Let 2005 bring nothing but good stuff !!!!!

I tried to only quote a little bit of your post but Hell it was great so why not post it again... I too feel good about 2005 hopefully with patience it will be full of many happy surprises.  It sounds as if your New Year is falling into place.  I think if we keep up our positive attitudes all will be well and we will be ready for everything... Gods love to you Nancy... and thankyou for taking in those kids that is a selfLESS wonderful thing to do... they will keep ya young... or (((give ya greys))) either way each child you touch leaves a little bit of you into eternity... love ya Ree
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss