Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 19th, 2024, 11:26am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Re: Daughter »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Re: Daughter
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Re: Daughter  (Read 1017 times)
..Danielle..
New Board Old Timer
Canada 

Water and ice are my friends

WWW Email

« on: Jan 3rd, 2005, 1:36am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have a 14 year old boy, so far he's ok, but he's been getting pretty mouthy and moody. Precursors of what's yet to come ??

Danielle
IP Logged

Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadow. -Helen Keller
cray
New Board Newbie
Australia 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #1 on: Jan 3rd, 2005, 1:44am »

Hope u do better than i,but in hindsight i wasnt much better. Always have to try & remember what we were doing at that age
IP Logged
..Danielle..
New Board Old Timer
Canada 

WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 3rd, 2005, 1:50am »

That's the part that scares me, he can always say, "but you did that..."

Danielle
IP Logged

cray
New Board Newbie
Australia 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 3rd, 2005, 1:57am »

Not 2 many aussies get on do they.Spotted one that lives in the same area as me (Latrobe Valley)when ifirst got on but don,t seem 2 be able 2 find the link again.
IP Logged
..Danielle..
New Board Old Timer
Canada 

WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 3rd, 2005, 2:02am »

Haven't been here long enough to be an expert on anything yet, but there has to be a way to find it again.  

Where'd you send your daughter off too ?? It's midnight here...

Danielle
IP Logged

cray
New Board Newbie
Australia 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 3rd, 2005, 2:14am »

She went to stay at a mates place who,s having his 16th b/day.It,ll b m/night here in about 6 hrs.Dark in about3
IP Logged
..Danielle..
New Board Old Timer
Canada 

WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Jan 3rd, 2005, 2:29am »

If you go to the icon that says "member map" you can find out some of the people in your area, but then you have to go find them in the "members" (right beside the other icon) and hope they have contact info there...if you want to contact them. I believe there's also an info board out there as well. I've just been stumbling thru myself.  

I don't know what to do about teens, but I like to freak out my son with the "Random Hug", throws him off but tells him i love him, even if he's being a troll.  

Good luck searching, see you on the boards, i am listed though so you can find me again...

Off to bed sleep

Danielle
IP Logged

RichardN
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

lastchantsranch   babbleontn
Email

« Reply #7 on: Jan 3rd, 2005, 2:30am »

Teenagers = hormones with feet

Had two daughters , a year apart.  Totally different people.  During their teen years, they barely spoke with each other, and tolerated us as parents ("hire a teenager while they still know everything"Wink  
    Kinda like clusters - ya' just gotta get through it  til the next "episode"

Be safe, be strong,

Richard
IP Logged

I can live with the beast as long as I don't have to "dance" with the bastard.
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #8 on: Jan 3rd, 2005, 5:30am »

Teenagers!!!! Bless you my child!

Here's what we did with ours (and an exchange student after he was grown). Keep the lines of communication open. We told him he'd have to get up a lot earlier in the morning to do anything that his dad or I hadn't already done so he might as well come home and tell us about it. (He did). We also told him the thing that would get him in BIG trouble was that if he ever lied to us cause then he would find out what punishment was. We never caught him in a lie (still don't).  

Not saying we didn't have problems (it's just a teenage thing), but we had LESS problems than a lot of our friends.  

so take a deep breath - don't get shocked about anything - and be there for them when they need you and let them know you love them despite whatever they do.  

We have a three year old grandson now and it was worth the effort to raise his father.

Good luck to you   Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

cray
New Board Newbie
Australia 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #9 on: Jan 3rd, 2005, 6:17am »

Thanks, sometimes 1 of us has 2 get out of the house. Today was her turn. things will b fine 2moro. Don,t want 2 count my chickens but it,s 5 hours late.
IP Logged
OneEyeBlind
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Yea, I can do this

topnoodle

« Reply #10 on: Jan 3rd, 2005, 8:26am »

Pick you battles.  That's the best advice I was ever given.  If ya get pissed at EVERYTHING they do WRONG .... you'll be battling 24 X 7.  So pick the stuff that really matters ... lying, stealing, grades.  And let the rest go ......  

Good luck to ya.  I've got 2 boys here.  13 & 15.  I pick my battles every day.  Currently we are focused on education, and respect ... everything else is taking the back burner.
IP Logged

One cannot step twice in the same river, for fresh waters are forever flowing around us.
vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: Jan 3rd, 2005, 1:10pm »

well, let's see, there's Turts the Aussie and there's Firebrix, even though she's in New Zealand, but it's closer than US...
IP Logged

never, Never, NEVER quit. -Winston Churchill
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #12 on: Jan 3rd, 2005, 1:21pm »

There's AussieBrian, too...

Teenagers?   Yep...pick your battles and pray- a lot. They are God's way of getting back at us for our hormonally caused misbehavior....
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: Jan 3rd, 2005, 1:41pm »

You guys are scaring me... I am discovering that my daughter Breezy is suffering from low blood sugar as well as a hormone thing starting to happen.........Man is she moody... God help me.............ree
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
Langa
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

So many donuts, such little time...

« Reply #14 on: Jan 3rd, 2005, 2:15pm »

on Jan 3rd, 2005, 1:21pm, nani wrote:
There's AussieBrian, too...

Teenagers?   Yep...pick your battles and pray- a lot. They are God's way of getting back at us for our hormonally caused misbehavior....

Exactly... Undecided LOL

On a serious note...definitely pick your battles and always keep the lines of communication open.  Most importantly, like Nani said...lots of prayer...it'll at least keep you sane.

I'm raising my 14 year old niece.  She's at the boy crazy stage too, which is enough to bring on a cluster.  

Pat also said it right...education and respect is the things to really target now at this age.

Best wishes.

Langa  Wink

IP Logged

When you saw only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.
ExplodingEyeBall
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I can't think of anything clever to put here.

« Reply #15 on: Jan 3rd, 2005, 2:21pm »

There's always me too. I wish I was in Australia. Grin
IP Logged

Just poke out my eye and get it over with!!!
hilbily
New Board Junior
USA 

Take time to play

« Reply #16 on: Jan 3rd, 2005, 4:06pm »

on Jan 3rd, 2005, 1:36am, high_commander wrote:
I have a 14 year old boy, so far he's ok, but he's been getting pretty mouthy and moody. Precursors of what's yet to come ??

Yes, lot's of fun to come. My 15 year old son is nothing but a hormone producing life support system for a stomach. Unlike his dad at that age, at least he has a consience (I left mine somewhere, didn't find it till years later) Keep him busy!!! Sports, church youth group, chess club, anything to keep them moving. I'd rather be taking him to ball game than taking him to court! And excercise gives the hormones something else to think about, as well as build the self confidence.
            Good Luck, and PFDs
IP Logged
..Danielle..
New Board Old Timer
Canada 

WWW Email

« Reply #17 on: Jan 3rd, 2005, 8:22pm »

Quote:
My 15 year old son is nothing but a hormone producing life support system for a stomach.

ROFLMAO !!!! crackup crackup

My own hillbilly Jim was sitting reading this and thought we should reply. He figures your dead on with that phrase, and is quite grateful that his boys aren't following in his footsteps. We do karate, youth group, bible study, air cadets, air cadet band and attend church on sundays....and live out of town on an acreage. Hopefully it keeps them busy enough....I know I don't have enough time to get into any trouble !! Wink

PF wishes for all !!

Danielle
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss