Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 19th, 2024, 9:18am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « going to dr on Wed, got a ? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   going to dr on Wed, got a ?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: going to dr on Wed, got a ?  (Read 390 times)
cschick

Email

going to dr on Wed, got a ?
« on: Jan 3rd, 2005, 11:55am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I have been shadowing - even though no hits for almost a month.  I am still on Verlelan PM - verap 240 mgs daily.  I am wondering if I go up on the verap that the shadows will stop.  I have my cycle late September or early October for about 8 weeks each year then nothing unless I get a sinus infection in the spring.  Then that cycle is very short, about 4 weeks.  What do you guys think?  Would it do any good to up the verap?  Or should I ask him about a different med?
IP Logged
vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

Re: going to dr on Wed, got a ?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 3rd, 2005, 11:57am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

If it were me, I'd stop it altogether and see where it goes.
IP Logged

never, Never, NEVER quit. -Winston Churchill
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 3rd, 2005, 12:01pm »

I agree with vig taper off and go off it... If your cycle is over you maybe mistaking shadows for rebound headaches that some meds cause...  
  If you notice the side effects of alot of the "headache" medications and preventatives IS HEADACHE!!! duh whats up with that?  Good luck...honey hope your head eases up for good... love ree
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #3 on: Jan 3rd, 2005, 12:02pm »

Wish I had an answer, hun. Being chronic and having high BP I'm a verap for life gal. Let us know what the dr says. How are you otherwise? PM me.  hug
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
cray
New Board Newbie
Australia 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 3rd, 2005, 1:28pm »

Would someone b able 2 suggest how long 2 stay on verap after the CHs end. Shadows still lurk,but i,m wondering if it may b a rebound thing
IP Logged
becky8

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 3rd, 2005, 2:48pm »

I'm no help there either being chronic, but I was also wondering how you are feeling?

Wendy
IP Logged
cschick

Email

« Reply #6 on: Jan 3rd, 2005, 2:57pm »

Ok, here's the deal.  I had to go last week for my female problems and they drew a bunch of blood.  Well, it hadn't all come back when I left there.  My dr's office called this morning at 7:50 and said that something showed up in the blood work and they want to see me.  They wouldn't tell me what it was but I have to go in first thing Wednesday morning.  I am thinking it's not that big of a deal because if it was major I would have been called in right away, right?  I'm kind of freaking out a little but I can't get off work so I will just go Wednesday.
IP Logged
cray
New Board Newbie
Australia 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #7 on: Jan 3rd, 2005, 3:00pm »

Feeling good. Been 36 hours since my last so the fingers are crossed.I,mabout to hit the oz med assoc & c if any thing is listed there on CHs. Will keep taking the verap 4 a week or so & then lay off them. All the best. TTFN.                               cray
IP Logged
Langa
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

So many donuts, such little time...

« Reply #8 on: Jan 3rd, 2005, 3:01pm »

on Jan 3rd, 2005, 2:57pm, cschick wrote:
Ok, here's the deal.  I had to go last week for my female problems and they drew a bunch of blood.  Well, it hadn't all come back when I left there.  My dr's office called this morning at 7:50 and said that something showed up in the blood work and they want to see me.  They wouldn't tell me what it was but I have to go in first thing Wednesday morning.  I am thinking it's not that big of a deal because if it was major I would have been called in right away, right?  I'm kind of freaking out a little but I can't get off work so I will just go Wednesday.

I hate when they do that...you're almost on the verge of a nervous breakdown by the time you get there...but honestly I wouldn't worry if they said it could wait till Wednesday.

Hang in there...

Langa
IP Logged

When you saw only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.
becky8

Email

« Reply #9 on: Jan 3rd, 2005, 3:02pm »

Oh Karen,
I will be thinking of you and praying for you. I know in my heart you're gonna be okay! Wish I as there to give a big hugs! hug hug Were here always!!!
IP Logged
cschick

Email

« Reply #10 on: Jan 3rd, 2005, 3:09pm »

Thanks guys - I know everything will be ok - I'm too dang stubborn for it to be otherwise!   Wink  I will let you all know.

It warms my heart and soul to know you guys are thinking of me!  I need that right now!

Thanks!
Love to you all!
Karen
IP Logged
Jonny

Email

« Reply #11 on: Jan 3rd, 2005, 3:43pm »

They probably want to do the blood work over again, my liver function test came back bad once (Who me?....LOL Grin ) and they called me back to retest. it came back fine the second time....something about the Ibuprofrin I was taking for the sciatica.

...............................jonny
IP Logged
cschick

Email

« Reply #12 on: Jan 3rd, 2005, 5:02pm »

I am wondering if it something to do with my kidneys.  I had kidney damage from when I had Colin (toxemia) and they tested my kidney function as well and that was one of the tests that wasn't back.  I'll have to wait and see I suppose!
IP Logged
Redneck

Email

« Reply #13 on: Jan 3rd, 2005, 6:46pm »

It cud be kidney or liver function. If it was real bad they wouldn't have waited, they would have had you right back. My guess is they want to play vampire again and get more blood.
As to the verap, I never get off, I used to get 4 cycles a year, damn near chronic. The verap has helped me to no end, will stay on it as long as it keeps up the good work  Grin.. (The current cycle is my first full one since late 2001). But then I am lucky and have no side effects at all from verap.  Smiley
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss